By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Poll: For which platform are you buying Grand Theft Auto IV? (Joystiq)

I am getting it on the 360 to answer the question.

Here in the Dallas TX area GameStops are saying it is about 50/50 on the reserves.  Now I know that is not totally accurate for Statewide/Nation, but I just wanted to share.

Reason for getting it on the 360. I like the 360 better, and D-pad asside I guess.  It feels like a better controler.

BTW I have had no problems with the d-pad todate. 

Consoles: Atari 5200, NES, SNES, N64, Dreamcast, PS2, Gamecube, Wii, Xbox 360, PS3

Around the Network

I clicked it and it said I already voted in the poll. :|

Well that's lovely, it says I already voted when I have not.....

Sorry for those that tried to vote. Go to the joystiq link if you really want to vote. The previous link was of my vote.

If/when I get this (interested but broke), I'll be getting the PS3 version for 2 reasons: 1) I sold my 360 and bought a PS3 (pretty self-explanatory why I'd get the PS3 version now) 2) Free online play (plus no 360, remember?) Ok, I'll sneak another reason in there: 3) Home support with all the fixin's

All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be.

Around the Network

getting the 360 version... no real reason, but those of you who followed my thread the other day are aware that the ps3 is back in its box, so the 360 gets this multiplat title for me

wii friend code: 3164-3458-9149-5470

PSN ID: youjiro87

360 Gamertag: PM me to find out!

DMeisterJ said:
rocketpig said:
ChronotriggerJM said:
PS3 version ^^ Free online play :) And I prefer the PS3's D-pad for cheat entry ;)

Anyone with a brain prefers pretty much anything short of terminal cancer over the 360 d-pad.

Is the 360's D-pad really that bad?

I really hadn't noticed. But I also hadn't noticed how horrible placed the Analog sticks are on the DS.

I guess I adapt to things better than others, I like most, if not all controllers. The only one I've hated was the Original XBOX controller. Lawl... DUKE.

People still use the D-Pad?(scratches head). Havent used one since snes. Also DS has analog sticks? new to me. 

selnor said:
DMeisterJ said:
rocketpig said:
ChronotriggerJM said:
PS3 version ^^ Free online play :) And I prefer the PS3's D-pad for cheat entry ;)

Anyone with a brain prefers pretty much anything short of terminal cancer over the 360 d-pad.

Is the 360's D-pad really that bad?

I really hadn't noticed. But I also hadn't noticed how horrible placed the Analog sticks are on the DS.

I guess I adapt to things better than others, I like most, if not all controllers. The only one I've hated was the Original XBOX controller. Lawl... DUKE.

People still use the D-Pad?(scratches head). Havent used one since snes. Also DS has analog sticks? new to me. 

Lots of games use the d-pad for commands, not necessarily movement.  DS=Dual Shock

Count me in on the PS3 version as well!

Going to be exciting to see how they intregate Home and GTA4, though ill probably be playing Duke Forever by then

360 = No brainer for me