By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Poll: For which platform are you buying Grand Theft Auto IV? (Joystiq)

Definitely 360. For achievements mainly, plus I do like the 360 controller more. Oh yah, downloadable content too.

Another thing, the PS3 will probably demand some kind of partial hard drive install which is kind of annoying. I know it supposedly reduces wait time and yadda yadda but I dont really notice any problems with wait time on my 360 games.

PS360 ftw!

Currently playing..........

Gears of War 2, GTA IV Lost and Damned, Little Big Planet (Yes I said I had no interest but my girl wanted to try it and we did and now Im hooked )

Around the Network
blaydcor said:
Jlaff said:
I'll be getting it for the 360 solely for the controller. I don't like playing my games as if I'm still in the early nineties.
So your system of choice is the Wii? Buttons, analog sticks, shoulder buttons, a d-pad....hmmmm, yup all from the nineties. Seriously, the 360's controller is my favorite of this gen, but how is it more technologically advanced than the Dualshock/Sixaxis/Wiimote?

Technological advancements can come in the form of ergonomics as well. Analog pad placement on the PS3 controller is horrid. The PS3 controller is basically the same crappy controller that was released with the PS1. It wasn't great then and it really sucks now. If I had to call any of this generations controllers the most advanced though I'd have to go with the Wii, although I prefer my 360 controllers. Microsoft just improved on a solid DC design imo, which was an improvement on the NiGHTS controller from the Saturn days. Much better (the 360 controller) then the original Xbox.

http://2ksports.com/go/gamerschoice/

Ok I did my part, I bought No More Heroes, but they were out of Zach and Wiki.

Ok got Zach and Wiki, now if I could just finally finish Twilight Princess so I can play all these Wii games I got waiting. And no I won't buy Okami.

DNF, now there is a game that should have been scrapped completely. Reminds me of a kid whose been in school for 12 years and still doesn't know what he wants to do. At one point you just need to man up and get a job.

ps3 only current gen console i have

<

psn ID: smiles123

MGS4 is the greatest game ever

results so far

42% to 58%

If this is any indication of how sales will be pachter is so off.

1.37:1 in favor of 360.... (i said 1.66:1)