By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Mods are %$@#ing stupid, I swear.

If you don't know where to get mods and how to install mods together in an appropriate build then of course you're going to have problems.

Around the Network

the best mod which i ever played was third age for medieval II total war on pc it was very fine ;)

the-pi-guy said:

I agree OP.  Most of the time mods aren't worth it.  

Heck, the mods here aren't all that great.  Can't get any of them to work.  

I always get stuck on the install screen.  

How can you know that most mods "aren't worth it" and "aren't all that great" if you didn't even play them?

Skyrim mods made the game a lot better. Animals act better, women look hotter, water is more realistic, graphics are better, Glitches are fewer, etc. I can't play it without them.

Came expecting someone perma-banned and a good laugh, I'm kinda disappointed... Well played OP

Around the Network

I'm sorry if you picked the wrong mods for you. You've got to find the right ones for you, and it's possible you don't need any at all. Personally I'm typically most interested in mods that bring quality of life improvements, such as UI improvements. Especially Bethesda's games on PC are guilty of having a horrible UI. It works well on consoles, but not so much on PC. Mods fix that, and something that was really painful a lot of the time suddenly becomes much more bearable. Even small things like that improve my experience by quite a lot, but if I want something else, it's available. New content and graphics improvements are the two main things coming to my mind right now.

Flilix said:
I was expecting a rant about the moderation on this site.

This thread is a disappointment.

Same. I was about to join in! I got a couple things to say to _______!

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Unintended click bait?

Ignoring the click bait title. There are tons of amazing mods out there.
For example...

Discovery Freelancer (Freelancer mod):
www.youtube.com/watch?v=r7FVopkl9Mk

Earth Special Forces (Half Life 1 mod):
www.youtube.com/watch?v=YBKFKTeGFp0

Enderal (Skyrim):
www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnracFjiC_k

Homeworld Complex (Homeworld 2):
www.youtube.com/watch?v=CSc7CK1o2wk

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

caffeinade said:
The mods will hunt you down for this.