By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo reveals the best-selling Switch games of 2017 in Americas

Nautilus said:
AngryLittleAlchemist said:

"1. Zelda: Breath of the Wild

2. Super Mario Odyssey

3. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

4. Splatoon 2

5. Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle

6. ARMS"

Arms has sold 400k units in the U.S. as of VGChartz's latest statistics. This basically proves that Mario+Rabbids is at least at the 400k mark in the U.S. I'm not going to harp on this too much because a lot has already been said, and we basically already know the numbers will be adjusted anyways, but it's nice to get official confirmation. The acception to this of course is if Mario+Rabbids has a really odd digital attach rate that is abnormally high to the point of effecting physical sales dramatically. 

Hold on.For all we know, these numbers might just be digital sales.Its really hard to say one way or another.Plus, even if this was physical plus digital, vgchartz is basically one month and a half late, and that is during the holidays on top of that, so it could very well make up for it in this timeframe.

But its a nice sign that the game sold well regardless.

I literally addressed this in the last line of the comment.... 

It shouldn't be that different from physical to digital, maybe one spot but the point is the sales should be somewhere in the 400k ballpark. And that's currently. You are right that this is a month and a half later, but that shouldn't really effect what place it's at(again maybe by like one spot, but that would still mean it's undertracked). Because if Arms is at 400k in the U.S. a month and a half ago physically, than who's to say it wasn't at 600k physically when this list is updated? It's a list that's non-linear, meaning even if the place the games are at doesn't change the amount of sales do. So if your counter point is that the timeframe is a month and a half later and that it could make up that amount in that time frame, you'd have to believe that A ) Arms doesn't get a decent boost in holiday sales and B ) the game sells twice the amount it's currently sold in the U.S. just because of a holiday boost. Honestly I think it's just more likely that as of early November Mario+Rabbids is above Arms in the U.S., but I guess we will both see someday.

Around the Network

F*** off, 1-2 Switch!

Zelda is number 1 😎

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

It saddens me that FE: Warriors isn't on the list, but I guess I shouldn't be surprised given that musou games are niche, regardless of how well made and fun they are.