By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo reveals the best-selling Switch games of 2017 in Americas

Slarvax said:
Sadly, this list gives so little info and confusion that it's almost useless. Glad to see the best Switch game at the top tho

What are you talking about? Xenoblade 2 is only at #17

Around the Network

I'm sort of surprised that Fire Emblem Warriors & Xenoblade 2 aren't bigger hits for Nintendo.

I think 3rd party like Doom, LA Noire, Skyrim...which are ports of older titles will sell well enough to justify releasing new games on the console. I can't imagine they expect these older ports to be million sellers or huge hits. I'm excited that they are available on the console. I really hope 3p publishers also do a better job at porting these titles onto the console.

FarleyMcFirefly said:
I think I was right when I said that Skyrim wouldn't crack 1 million WW. I think many people overestimated that one.

It should be around 500k worldwide at the moment, so I can see it doing over a million lifetime.

AngryLittleAlchemist said:

"1. Zelda: Breath of the Wild

2. Super Mario Odyssey

3. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

4. Splatoon 2

5. Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle

6. ARMS"

Arms has sold 400k units in the U.S. as of VGChartz's latest statistics. This basically proves that Mario+Rabbids is at least at the 400k mark in the U.S. I'm not going to harp on this too much because a lot has already been said, and we basically already know the numbers will be adjusted anyways, but it's nice to get official confirmation. The acception to this of course is if Mario+Rabbids has a really odd digital attach rate that is abnormally high to the point of effecting physical sales dramatically. 

Hold on.For all we know, these numbers might just be digital sales.Its really hard to say one way or another.Plus, even if this was physical plus digital, vgchartz is basically one month and a half late, and that is during the holidays on top of that, so it could very well make up for it in this timeframe.

But its a nice sign that the game sold well regardless.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Troyhend said:
I'm sort of surprised that Fire Emblem Warriors & Xenoblade 2 aren't bigger hits for Nintendo.

I think 3rd party like Doom, LA Noire, Skyrim...which are ports of older titles will sell well enough to justify releasing new games on the console. I can't imagine they expect these older ports to be million sellers or huge hits. I'm excited that they are available on the console. I really hope 3p publishers also do a better job at porting these titles onto the console.

In defence of XC 2, the game has just released and the sales data probably stopped counting a week or about ago, so to give Nintendo enough time to count the sales and whatnot.So all things considered, its a good sign.But without more solid information, its impossible to reach a solid conclusion.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

Around the Network

Like I said before, its hard to make a conclusion without having a reference and/or knowing wether this is only digital, physical or both.But its really nice to see XC 2 at 17th, given that it just released.I wont lie if I said I didnt want it to be higher, but its in a great position nevertheless.

Thought Fire emblem would have made top 20.

xbox is called halo gears forza box.ps is called fifa box and nin s is called mario zelda pokemon box.happy for the indie devs.more people should buy these small games.i think nin s is going to be a great platform for indies.

FarleyMcFirefly said:
I think I was right when I said that Skyrim wouldn't crack 1 million WW. I think many people overestimated that one.

To be fair, Skyrim at full price when everywhere else has had that game years ago (and discounted to boot), it would obviously be harmed at release. It will have a better chance when its price gets equalled with the other versions.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

1. Kind of surprised that Odyssey is ahead of Mario Kart. Odyssey hasn't been out that long and usually Mario Kart outsells everything. Maybe Mario Kart 8 is selling a little less, because it's a port?

2. Surprised that Mario + Rabbids made 5th, even ahead of Arms. It's a tactical RPG and technically not 1st party either. Fire Emblem never does nearly that well.