By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Squadron 42: Mark Hamill footage + Min requirements

Squadron 42 is the single player portion of Star Citizen. IGN managed to get a look at some footage of the game featuring Mark Hamill.

As well as getting a first look at Hamill in Squadron 42, the devs have released the minimum requirements for the game:

Field – Requirement
OS: Windows 7 (64bit) with Service Pack 1, Windows 8 (64bit), Windows 10 – Anniversary Update (64bit)
GPU: DirectX 11 Graphics Card with 2GB RAM (4GB strongly recommended)
CPU: Quad Core CPU
RAM: 16GB+
Drive: SSD strongly recommended

Source of the requirements: http://www.dsogaming.com/news/squadron-42-pc-minimum-requirements-revealed-and-list-16gb-of-ram-new-teaser-trailer-released/

I already have Win 10 and a few SSD's, but I'll need to upgrade to a 16gb RAM kit next year. Definitely covered in the CPU/GPU dept. 

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Around the Network

A good looking video that tells us nothing about the game, and some vague requirements that don't really tell us anything (I really doubt an Athlon X4 or an R7 260X could run this game).

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Wow, this is the best a Star Citizen human has looked so far (to my knowledge).

Overall I think the scene needs a bit more polish, mostly the animation.

https://youtu.be/uQTcf2bnRhY?t=1m39s
SSD, strongly recommended.

For a PC only game with a gigantic budget, this don't look THAT great to me.

"lupus in fabula, venit enim ad me."

Translation: I will always hate Fox for canceling The Exorcist.

caffeinade said:
Wow, this is the best a Star Citizen human has looked so far (to my knowledge).

Overall I think the scene needs a bit more polish, mostly the animation.

https://youtu.be/uQTcf2bnRhY?t=1m39s
SSD, strongly recommended.

Apparently it's not full in-game, but I've yet to see the actual in-game gameplay of S42 itself. I do think the devs need to lay off the blinding light effects, as well as the obvious Chromatic Aberration. 

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

Around the Network
Masked_Muchaco said:

Looks fine to me, and it's not even finished yet, so it only goes up from there. 

People thought Horizon was the bees knees, but I thought it wasn't that good compared to SC.

Chazore said:
Masked_Muchaco said:

Looks fine to me, and it's not even finished yet, so it only goes up from there. 

People thought Horizon was the bees knees, but I thought it wasn't that good compared to SC.

The thing with Horizon is that it has a great art direction. It sure isn't the most photorealistic game out there.

"lupus in fabula, venit enim ad me."

Translation: I will always hate Fox for canceling The Exorcist.

Masked_Muchaco said:
Chazore said:

The thing with Horizon is that it has a great art direction. It sure isn't the most photorealistic game out there.

If we are going by art direction, BotW or Odyssey takes the cake for 2017.
(I would probably have to put Odyssey above BotW, personally)

Star Citizen is, from what I have played: so far ahead of H:ZD, it is almost funny.
From a technical standpoint.

Bare in mind, I have not played Horizon, but I have seen enough to have confidence in my stance.

caffeinade said:

Star Citizen is, from what I have played: so far ahead of H:ZD, it is almost funny.

Bare in mind, I have not played Horizon, but I have seen enough to have confidence in my stance.

From a texture standpoint, I feel like SC is ahead of most AAA's out there. From a technical point it's definitely years ahead, as we're able to interact with almost anything, along with every object having a good deal of quality to them.

I also believe that this cutscene isn't fully in-game either.

Chazore said:
caffeinade said:

From a texture standpoint, I feel like SC is ahead of most AAA's out there. From a technical point it's definitely years ahead, as we're able to interact with almost anything, along with every object having a good deal of quality to them.

I also believe that this cutscene isn't fully in-game either.

Even if that cutscene was fully pre-rendered, what I have seen in 2.6 (aside from the humans) is far beyond anything else on the market.

The way that the ships components shift and react to the player's inputs demonstrates a clear commitment to quality.
I would liken it to the care Nintendo put in BotW's enemies.
I have only seen a small selection of the ships, and I have not played 2.6 for that long, but I was impressed with what I saw.