Forums - Website Topics - Database Tutorial

kirby007 said:

So I supposedly added 500 summaries to games where is me money?

I'll assume you're asking this because you just got your shiny new badges - these were given out retroactively, so I'm SURE you did your fair share of database work in the past and had earned those VG$...    ...and I'm equally sure you subsequently blew all those VG$ with your various bans.  :P

Around the Network
TalonMan said:
kirby007 said:

So I supposedly added 500 summaries to games where is me money?

I'll assume you're asking this because you just got your shiny new badges - these were given out retroactively, so I'm SURE you did your fair share of database work in the past and had earned those VG$...    ...and I'm equally sure you subsequently blew all those VG$ with your various bans.  :P

Here I was hoping to have some easy extra cash to go all in in the first rounds of the you-know-what :D

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

kirby007 said:
TalonMan said:

Here I was hoping to have some easy extra cash to go all in in the first rounds of the you-know-what :D

You are always welcome to enter more summaries!!

If you enter a mere 356 more summaries, you can earn yourself the highly treasured Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy badge for "1k Summaries Added"!!!!

GET TO WORK!!!!! :)

TalonMan said:
kirby007 said:

If you enter a mere 356 more summaries, you can earn yourself the highly treasured Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy badge for "1k Summaries Added"!!!!

is that badge awarded within a year of reaching that milestone?

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

kirby007 said:
TalonMan said:

Come on, bud - give me just a little credit here! I've been working my ass off for you and everybody else around here...  ;)

...I fixed the badge updater so yes, badges are handed out on a daily basis now! I've also been working my way down the list and fixing other ones that are supposed to be handed out "real time" (new account, change avatar, etc.). Slowly but surely, I'll have them all working and will be adding new ones, too.

The summary ones, by the way, are brand new - we just created them a week or so ago, which is why you just got those.

Around the Network
TalonMan said:
kirby007 said:

Come on, bud - give me just a little credit here! I've been working my ass off for you and everybody else around here...  ;)

...I fixed the badge updater so yes, badges are handed out on a daily basis now! I've also been working my way down the list and fixing other ones that are supposed to be handed out "real time" (new account, change avatar, etc.). Slowly but surely, I'll have them all working and will be adding new ones, too.

The summary ones, by the way, are brand new - we just created them a week or so ago, which is why you just got those.

did you check the recent badges below your avatar? last one is the 8 year account ( atleast for me )

kirby007 said:
TalonMan said:

did you check the recent badges below your avatar? last one is the 8 year account ( atleast for me )

I changed it to randomize in the threads for now, until I come up with a better way to pick & choose which ones to display...

Is there a way to preview summaries before sending them for approval? Just like the Banner screen. Then we can see if there is any issue with the coding. Sometimes developers sites have ads and other things that get stuck on or pictures are attached somehow.

The NINTENDO PACT 2015[2016  Vgchartz Wii U Achievement League! - Sign up now!                      My T.E.C.H'aracter

spurgeonryan said:
Is there a way to preview summaries before sending them for approval? Just like the Banner screen. Then we can see if there is any issue with the coding. Sometimes developers sites have ads and other things that get stuck on or pictures are attached somehow.

The DBAdmin can preview before approving - but yeah, that doesn't help you...   ...not a bad idea, though - I'll have to think about how to accomplish.

spurgeonryan said:

Whilst not a fix it can be handy, If your on a PC/Laptop when adding the summaries dropping them into notepad can be a good idea and it's what I do as it fully removes all the formatting so no weird spacing/images or random font sizes exist and it leaves you with just the plain old text to paste into the Summary.