By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Mario Odyssey sells between 200.000 and 500.000 units in Germany in November, more

Insane Numbers!

The BIU, the German games industry association, has revealed its sales awards for this past November. Super Mario Odyssey has received the platinum award, which means that it sold between 200,000 and 500,000 copies in November alone. Splatoon 2 got the gold award, meaning that it sold between 100,000 and 200,000 copies.

These are both very impressive numbers, especially since Mario Odyssey launched in October and Splatoon 2 was released all the way back in July.

Source 1 and Source 2

(=^・ω・^=) Kuroneko S2 - Ore no Imouto - SteamMyAnimeList and Twitter - PSN: Gustavo_Valim - Switch FC: 6390-8693-0129 (=^・ω・^=)
Around the Network

Germany and France are much better markets for Nintendo than the UK. Good to see these title pulling amazing numbers.

I'm glad Germany has good taste unlike the UK :p

If we assume that the relative sales in Germany compared to the rest of the world stay the same, this means that Mario Odyssey sold between 3.3 and 8.3 million worldwide in November alone.

(It's probably closer to 3 million than to 8 million, but still, great numbers.)

Thats quite a nice number! between 200k and 500k its a bit too vague and unprecise for my taste, but wherever it falls inside that window, is a good number nevertheless!

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Around the Network

Are you sure that they sold that much in November alone, and not just up till November? Because that would probably make more sense.

Flilix said:
Are you sure that they sold that much in November alone, and not just up till November? Because that would probably make more sense.

November alone, not only odyssey received the platinum award, but Ac Origins and Gt Sport received too. Cod was the only game that sold more than 500.000 units.

(=^・ω・^=) Kuroneko S2 - Ore no Imouto - SteamMyAnimeList and Twitter - PSN: Gustavo_Valim - Switch FC: 6390-8693-0129 (=^・ω・^=)

That’s good news. What’s even better is there’s still a lot of people that want to buy Mario Odyssey like myself. There’s so many games that came out lately it’s been hard to buy everyone of them.

Flilix said:

It's up til november.

I mean, people can't actually believe that Splatoon sold 100k in november alone in Germany, while Fifa 18 didn't. It's just that Fifa 18 passed 1 million in october, so it didn't get an award that month. SMO meanwhile passed 100k in october, but didn't reach 200k until november.

Last edited by Teeqoz - on 19 December 2017

Great news! Especially impressive for Splatoon 2, seeing that is released four months ago. Germany seems to have adopted the Switch quite well so far.

Mario is probably closer to 300k than anything else, but they are good numbers regardless.