By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS4 Took Half Of All UK Physical Game Sales In 2017

Invitation to Playstation Nation Domination Decimation Continuation Proclamation Gas Station Space station. In other words, PS4 is a beast.

Around the Network
Hiku said:
DialgaMarine said:

Who said they haven’t? I’ve seen so many users on YouTube and N4G announcing that XB1 has sold upwards of 50 million sales. Doesn’t matter what VGC, Business Insider, NPD, And Wikipedia say lol 

Yeah, I discussed this with a user on twitter less than a year ago who was convinced that XBO was only 2-3 million units behind PS4 at most.
When I showed him figures that came from an AMD investors meeting where they announced number of sold XBO and PS4 (they would know, as they produce the chips necessary for the consoles to work) that fell in line with what VGCZ and other sites estimated XBO at, and told him that while they may be off by a few million, they wouldn't be off by 20 million+ units, he called me a Pony and blocked me.

Must be great living in the world of digital console sales.

The logic of some people can be fascinating. What I find most entertaining is how VGC used to be the gospel for Xbox fans for discussing 360 vs PS3 sales. I’d honestly never even heard of the site before a YouTube user named GeneralMLD (sales2099 on here) constantly quoted it, so I had a looksee and have been around since. Either way, it’s just ironic how this became a “lying pony site” pretty much overnight lol 

0331 Happiness is a belt-fed weapon

DialgaMarine said:
Hiku said:

Yeah, I discussed this with a user on twitter less than a year ago who was convinced that XBO was only 2-3 million units behind PS4 at most.
When I showed him figures that came from an AMD investors meeting where they announced number of sold XBO and PS4 (they would know, as they produce the chips necessary for the consoles to work) that fell in line with what VGCZ and other sites estimated XBO at, and told him that while they may be off by a few million, they wouldn't be off by 20 million+ units, he called me a Pony and blocked me.

The logic of some people can be fascinating. What I find most entertaining is how VGC used to be the gospel for Xbox fans for discussing 360 vs PS3 sales. I’d honestly never even heard of the site before a YouTube user named GeneralMLD (sales2099 on here) constantly quoted it, so I had a looksee and have been around since. Either way, it’s just ironic how this became a “lying pony site” pretty much overnight lol 

I like that story. Salt echoes through it beautifully.

"The rumours of my death have been greatly exaggerated."

- Single-player Game

I suppose this is proof that greatness is finally here.

Intrinsic said:
DonFerrari said:
Which clearly shows that the digital attach ratio is 50+% to X1 and 30-% for PS4 because X1 games sell more than PS4.

I approve this message

Just because it would be impossible to deny this logic

Playstation_awaiter said:
Invitation to Playstation Nation Domination Decimation Continuation Proclamation Gas Station Space station. In other words, PS4 is a beast.

Pretty much this.

DialgaMarine said:
Hiku said:

Good times... he was the Forza fan at the time right?

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network

Oh man that is wild, I suppose it's even higher in other European countries.

NNID/PSN: Kung_Kjartan

DonFerrari said:
DialgaMarine said:

Who said they haven’t? I’ve seen so many users on YouTube and N4G announcing that XB1 has sold upwards of 50 million sales. Doesn’t matter what VGC, Business Insider, NPD, And Wikipedia say lol 

I thought Digital consoles sold was a joke we invented here about 3 years ago kkk.

But yes there is a die hard fan on YT with a channel for X1, that pretend X1 is outselling PS4 to this day.

Are you talking about Chief from Xbox Mil Grau?

Last edited by Masked_Muchaco - on 19 December 2017

"lupus in fabula, venit enim ad me."

Translation: I will always hate Fox for canceling The Exorcist.

Masked_Muchaco said:
DonFerrari said:

I thought Digital consoles sold was a joke we invented here about 3 years ago kkk.

But yes there is a die hard fan on YT with a channel for X1, that pretend X1 is outselling PS4 to this day.

Are you talking about chief from Xbox Mil Grau?

Nope, Duff from Canal Xbox. Last video I stomached watching was he discrediting VGC because FW sales of FM7 was under 200k, and he sure as hell was trying to pass the impression of 70-90% attach ratio.

Funny enough there are a lot of people over here that seem to really think Xbox digital attach ratio is 2-3x bigger than PS4 because of reasons.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

WhatATimeToBeAlive said:
Unprecedented domination!

Haha loving your profile pic...

Kjartan said: 
Oh man that is wild, I suppose it's even higher in other European countries.

In other European countries it’s more like 4:1 up to even 8:1 in some countries. We’ll see what Switch can do to change that.

twintail said:
estebxx said:
I suppose this is proof that greatness is finally here.

Sounds like you're LTTP mate

LTTP? ive been in the "party" the whole year, hence why i haven't spent much time on the internet arguing over video games.