By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Panic Button confirmed to be working on Wolfenstein II for Switch

If this game does well performance wise I can see panic button getting a lot of work in the future. Those people know Switch hardware really well.

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you. 

Around the Network

I held off on the PS4 version for Switch. Hope it gets here soon!

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

Good news. Their work on Doom was exemplary given how difficult it must have been to port a high end PS4/Xbone/PC game to mobile hardware. Wolf II will be even harder since it's a more demanding title, but hopefully now that they have two games worth of Switch experience under their belt, they can once again defy the odds and deliver a worthy port.

I'll almost certainly be buying this one.

They did great work on Doom and people say Rocket League, I will be fine with them on this and gladly pick it up.

I can see these guys becoming one of Switch's major porting houses alongside Tantalus, and honestly I hope they do.

Speaking of Tantalus though, they seem to have stumbled a bit with their latest, (Rime) though to be fair it's hard to tell how much of that is their fault and how much blame rests with the original developers.

Around the Network

& hopefully Fortnite in the near future

Doom translated very well to switch even with that games fantastic speed, slow things down a bit for wolfenstein 2 and it should run a little bit better / higher res maybe.

Hopeful for another good port job by panic button, but them moving directly onto this project does mean they're unlikely to be rolling out a fix for some of the little hiccups which doom suffers though sadly.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

EricFabian said:
Doom has a lot of bugs. I hope they are better now...

?? Doom runs pretty great on my end on the Switch. I have not really noticed any big issues in the first number of levels.

this is exciting! killing Nazis in the car, sitting by trees, walking around the city. I can dig it

curl-6 said:

Good news. Their work on Doom was exemplary given how difficult it must have been to port a high end PS4/Xbone/PC game to mobile hardware. Wolf II will be even harder since it's a more demanding title, but hopefully now that they have two games worth of Switch experience under their belt, they can once again defy the odds and deliver a worthy port.

if they got Doom 2016 to work I'm pretty sure they'll manage with Wolfenstein just fine. Will probably be like Doom in respect to having considerably lower resolution than the PS4/PC versions, but who cares, as long as it plays as smoothly as Doom did (for the Switch's specs)

mountaindewslave said:
curl-6 said:

if they got Doom 2016 to work I'm pretty sure they'll manage with Wolfenstein just fine. Will probably be like Doom in respect to having considerably lower resolution than the PS4/PC versions, but who cares, as long as it plays as smoothly as Doom did (for the Switch's specs)

Oh I'm sure it's doable, it's just that since Wolfenstein is a more demanding game than Doom, (bigger levels with more going on at once) it might be more challenging for them to port. Then again, maybe the fact that they're more experienced with the Switch hardware than they were when they did Doom will balance that out. If the Switch version of Wolf II is as good a conversion as Doom was, I'll be getting it day 1.