By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - George Lucas Was Right About the Star Wars Fanbase

Goodnightmoon said:
Pavolink said:

Not in this universe. Prequels are SW movies. Disney comedies are saturday morning fillers at best.

There are only 6 real SW movies: Episode I to VI.

Episode 1 and 2 are absolutely horrible

Even while being horrible, both are better than the farse disney calls "new trilogy".

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Around the Network
Goodnightmoon said:
Vincoletto said:

Agree. Maybe with time or when people get older they will realize how this movie was a mess and poorly written. Not all of it but a good portion.

In the next movies when the jedi develop even new powers like new xmen then people will realize it started with TLJ.

It will happen exactly the opposite, many of the people now saying the movie was horrible will realize little by little that they were totally wrong, I already have seen a bunch of people saying that on a 2nd view they liked it more and I expect this number to grow, mark my words, critics were totally right with this one, fans are just overreacting cause the movie has some really bold moments but time will put it on its place.

Bold moments? I didn't see any. All I saw was a director trolling fans of a franchise he obviously doesn't care about. "Oh, you guys want some awesome reveals and answers to questions, like in the OG trilogy?  Well, fuck you. I'm a genius for doing a bunch of anti-reveals. Oh, and here's a few scenes straight out of a Disney TV show."

And no, as people remove themselves further from the movie, the worse they think it is. Just like how the reception of TFA cooled, from people thinking it was awesome to just thinking it was OK. I actually came out of this movie disappointed, but still thought it was OK. Either on the same level as TFA, or maybe even slightly better. But, the more I thought about the movie, I realized I actually despised it. More than TFA, which puts TFA higher than this movie.

At least TFA felt like a SW movie. And even with all its flaws and unanswered questions, they could have at least been mostly corrected in the sequel. Instead the franchise, and its fans, got shit on by someone who basically amounts to an internet troll. And not one of those clever ones that you can find some humor in, but an obvious one that almost everyone hates. 

Pavolink said:
Goodnightmoon said:

Episode 1 and 2 are absolutely horrible

Even while being horrible, both are better than the farse disney calls "new trilogy".

Not even close, you probably saw those movies while you were a kid, only nostalgia could make someone say such a barbarity.

thismeintiel said:
Goodnightmoon said:

It will happen exactly the opposite, many of the people now saying the movie was horrible will realize little by little that they were totally wrong, I already have seen a bunch of people saying that on a 2nd view they liked it more and I expect this number to grow, mark my words, critics were totally right with this one, fans are just overreacting cause the movie has some really bold moments but time will put it on its place.

Bold moments? I didn't see any. All I saw was a director trolling fans of a franchise he obviously doesn't care about. "Oh, you guys want some awesome reveals and answers to questions, like in the OG trilogy?  Well, fuck you. I'm a genius for doing a bunch of anti-reveals. Oh, and here's a few scenes straight out of a Disney TV show."

And no, as people remove themselves further from the movie, the worse they think it is. Just like how the reception of TFA cooled, from people thinking it was awesome to just thinking it was OK. I actually came out of this movie disappointed, but still thought it was OK. Either on the same level as TFA, or maybe even slightly better. But, the more I thought about the movie, I realized I actually despised it. More than TFA, which puts TFA higher than this movie.

At least TFA felt like a SW movie. And even with all its flaws and unanswered questions, they could have at least been mostly corrected in the sequel. Instead the franchise, and its fans, got shit on by someone who basically amounts to an internet troll. And not one of those clever ones that you can find some humor in, but an obvious one that almost everyone hates. 

I disagree with basically everything you said, time is the best judge and I don't have a single doubt in some years the overall opinion of the movie will improve quite a bit.

Last edited by Goodnightmoon - on 23 December 2017

Star Wars fandom be like:

Episode VI: The galaxy is saved cause a random tribe of teddy bears think C3PO is God? MASTERPIECE

Episode VIII: Leia uses the force she is supposed to have since forever and Luke is not an inmaculated saint but a human being that makes mistakes? OMG THEY RUINED STAR WARS FOREVER

Around the Network
Goodnightmoon said:

Episode VI: The galaxy is saved cause a random tribe of teddy bears think C3PO is God? MASTERPIECE

Episode VIII: Leia uses the force she is supposed to have since forever and Luke is not an inmaculated saint but a human being that makes mistakes? OMG THEY RUINED STAR WARS FOREVER

You are trying to hard.

numberwang said:
Goodnightmoon said:

You are trying to hard.

Not as hard as those fans that completely ignore the flaws of the original trilogy while overanalizing to death everything that happen in the new ones. If episode 6 was released today it would be received as the worst movie ever for the same fans that shit about this one, which already says everything.

Last edited by Goodnightmoon - on 24 December 2017

spurgeonryan said:
On its way to 1.5 billion and higher. Fans matter not.

Everyday is more obvious those saying the movie is horrible are just a very noisy minority.

Goodnightmoon said:
spurgeonryan said:

Everyday is more obvious those saying the movie is horrible are just a very noisy minority.

Two things can be true. Something can make a lot of money, and still not be very good. Transformers movies make a billion bucks all the time.

Goodnightmoon said:
spurgeonryan said:

Even if somebody dislikes a movie, it still gets our money. 

DCEU has a track record for subpar movies. Even if they make a good one, odds are pretty good that it'll struggle. Meanwhile Marvel has the opposite reputation. People line up to see franchises they've never even heard of just because it's tied to the MCU.

This latest Star Wars isn't getting by on its own merit. It's a big deal because it's the next official installment of the franchise people have loved for decades. People are going to go see it regardless. We won't see the effects of this one until the next film--a similar thing happened with Star Trek.

In other words, Star Wars is Nintendo. It's Harry Potter. It's got hardcore fans ready to love it and casual fans that will enjoy it, too. Casual fans may even outnumber the hardcore. You still don't burn the hardcore fans, though. Those are the ones pushing the brand and making the casual fan curious why it's such a big deal.