By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - My FOURTH attempt at finishing Xenoblade Chronicles... here I go!

Tagged games:

Bristow9091 said:
XD84 said:

I remember playing this area on a Sunday afternoon/evening for five hours straight. Afterwards I had a really bad night since I dreamed the whole time of the radiant crystals. I would love this area if I would not need to find any ice cabbages  

Just from running through it, without doing much exploring, just picking items up as I go along, I've got seven ice cabbages, had a vision when I picked so many up but no idea who the NPC I talk to for the quest, but at least I know I have them, lol. 

Glad for you! You saved yourself a lot of time by getting them so easy. 

Around the Network

You’re right before one of my least favourite parts of the game. Although immediately following that is my favourite part of the game.

Spoiler stuff below doesn’t spoil plot details, just location names - potential minor spoiler as I vaguely compare it to an event that happened in Skies of Arcadia - cryptically though, so people who haven’t played Skies will not be able to understand what I am talking about... maybe even some who have won’t understand either!

Now my spoiler is probably enticing! Check it out, I dare you!

Parts I hated: Valak Mountain, Sword Valley, And Galahad Fortress

Part I loved: Fallen Arm, particularly the beginning of this section, it reminded me of my favourite part of Skies of Arcadia after the destruction of the first ship.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

As you've seen already, from Sword Valley onwards shops have weapons that allow everybody to damage Mechon normally, that's why I told you to not spend points in Monado Enchant.

Oh, and wait before leaving the next town you reach, because missable reasons.

Bristow9091 said:
Player2 said:

As you've seen already, from Sword Valley onwards shops have weapons that allow everybody to damage Mechon normally, that's why I told you to not spend points in Monado Enchant.

Oh, and wait before leaving the next town you reach, because missable reasons.

Actually I decided to do the complete opposite, the weapons sold in Sword Valley were so much weaker than what I had equipped, and the prices were ridiculous, so I decided to level Monado Enchant up instead, got it to Lv. 5 where it lasts 90 seconds and deals an extra 250 damage per auto attack... I had a LOT of leftover AP anyway, even after leveling up everything else I wanted, so it's not doing any harm by having it, and if I come across any stronger weapons that deal damage to Mechon later on, I'll switch, and Enchant will still give me extra damage with them too, so the way i see it, it's win win, my AP is just gonna' keep building and building until I find new books that unlock my Arts to Lv. 10. I've got Monado Buster at Lv. 6 (I keep forgetting to use it anyway) and Shield at Lv. 5, not sure if I should carry on with that or not, but it saved me in my last boss fight, so yeah... lol. 

You should be able to level up all Monado Arts to level 10 now, and you're going to get Monado Armor soon. At level 10 it lasts 30 seconds and it gives a 75% damage reduction to all party members.

Bristow9091 said:
Player2 said:

You should be able to level up all Monado Arts to level 10 now, and you're going to get Monado Armor soon. At level 10 it lasts 30 seconds and it gives a 75% damage reduction to all party members.

Yeah I can level them to 10, although don't really use them very often, I just use Shield if I have a vision that will kill someone, and Enchant when I'm fighting mechon enemies... sometimes I'll use Buster if I want a big hit and none of my other abilities are off cooldown, but that's it... I think I only used the other two (Speed and... something else) when it prompted me to during certain battles or something, lol. Is it worth getting Armour?

Well, keep armor up all the time with Sharla in your party and you're pretty much immortal. You decide how useful that is

Around the Network

Before going to the next area it's a good idea to go back to Sword Valley and Galahad Fortress to make sure you've killed all the unique monsters in them to get their affinity coins, because those areas won't be accessible for the rest of the game. The gold chests they drop have a chance of having a level 10 art book in them (from now on all gold chests will). There's a save trick if you're interested, save before opening the chest and if you didn't get a book, reload and open it again (be careful because the unique enemy may respawn).

There's also the quest to get Monado Armour, it's the second quest Eleqa gives to you. They have a requirement of 1.25 stars, so you have to do 1-2 quests in Fallen Arm before they are available.

Now that you have Fiora in your party you can gem craft like a pro. Just make sure to never raise her affinity with Riki and max the affinity between Shulk and Reyn (it should be a heart). I'll explain this later.

I forgot to say that gold chests from level 45+ are the only source of level 10 art books, so if you want them...

The most important thing about secret spots is that they are the best source of skill points. You can get a good amount of EXP and AP from battles (especially with EXP up and AP up gems), but not SP.

The best theme is engage the enemy.

Bristow9091 said:
RolStoppable said:

There isn't much in those two areas. Going off memory, Sword Valley has eight or nine UMs (one of them is really nasty) while Galahad Fortress has three. Each area adds four quests to your log (you can sort it by region to check if you are missing something), but I think that Galahad's four are all main story and can't be missed while Sword Valley's are optional, but always concern the defeat of UMs. The third category are travel points and places which net experience, tech and skill points upon discovery; Sword Valley has a secret spot and they typically grant a big amount of those points. If you find all travel points and places in an area, the map will be completely filled out, so that's how you can verify that you've found all of them. The final category are collectibles; you should know that completing the collectopedia grants gems, weapons and armor, but I can't tell you if there's something really useful among them. On a related note, Colony 6 requires a collectible from Sword Valley, but I can assure you that said item can be traded at Fallen Arm at a certain affinity level.

Overall, the upcoming point of no return cannot cause any severe damage to your progress. You don't seem to worry about 100% completion.

As for your second question: No, they aren't the only areas that become inaccessible.

Hmm, well since I'm not going for a 100% run or anything, I suppose it doesn't really bother me, although I may run abck and find that secret spot in Sword Valley since I found one somewhere else and got a LOT of exp and stuff for it, but then that'll be it. I've not even done anything with Colony 6 yet, I keep getting visions when I pick items up for Colony 6 quests though, so if I do decide to check it out, I'll have a lot of easy quests to start with, lol. 

I've just come off for now, but when I get back to it (Hopefully get some time on it tomorrow) I'll make sure to go back to Sword Valley... whereabouts is the secret spot there? Not really a spoiler since I'm already past there, lol. 

If your goal is to just get through the game, then I wouldn't worry about the point of no returns. Just go through and enjoy it. Not very much gets locked out that will affect your progress and any quest that is timed has a clock. You can also make multiple saves so that if you ever think you need to go back to a closed-off place, you can. 

Visit my site for more

Known as Smashchu in a former life

If you didn't get Monado Armor now you can do its two quests straight away because Agniratha sidequests count towards Fallen Arm affinity.

If you progress any further, Mechonis Field, Central Factory and Agniratha will become inaccessible.