By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Which console do you believe to have the best line up in 2018?

Best line up...

Xbox one 10 6.29%

PS4 & Psvr 16 10.06%

Ps4 regardless of VR content. 82 51.57%

Switch. 45 28.30%

Other 6 3.77%

Total:159
ThisGuyFooks said:
Jigsawx1 said:
With Halo 6, state of decay 2 and horizon 3 its XOne >>>> Ps4>> NS.

Are we including unannounced games?

With Chrono Trigger 2, Syphon Filter 4, Legend of Dragoon 2 and Parasite Eve 3 its PS4>>>>NS>>>>X1

Not for me syphon filter was ok  but not great the others not interesting and it is normal that every 3 years we get a halo.

Around the Network
VGPolyglot said:
Well, for the Switch it depends on whether or not the games are actually coming in 2018. If Bayonetta 3, Metroid Prime 4, Pokemon, Shin Megami Tensei V and Fire Emblem all come I'd choose that, but none of those have concrete release periods.

Actually Fire Emblem is coming in 2018. They confirmed that when they revealed they were making the game.

OP: best is so subjective, and I love Nintendo. If they can give me Animal Crossing, Smash Bros, one of the four (Bayo 3, Metroid P 4, Pokemon or SMT V) and a few more games. Possible a new IP, they will probably have the “best” in my opinion. 

[Switch Friend code: 3909-3991-4970]

[Xbox Live: JissuWolfe]

[PSN: Jissu]

jason1637 said:
John2290 said:

Why would you say MS over Nintendo? I can't find much games to look for on Xbox at all. 

Kirby and Bayonetta are the only big Switch games confirmed for 2018.

Fire Emblem. And if Kirby is considered big, then Yoshi is too. They confirmed that for 2018. 

Nintendo will be announcing 2018’s lineup in their January direct.

Paatar said:
jason1637 said:

Kirby and Bayonetta are the only big Switch games confirmed for 2018.

Fire Emblem. And if Kirby is considered big, then Yoshi is too. They confirmed that for 2018. 

Nintendo will be announcing 2018’s lineup in their January direct.

Yea I forgot FE and Yoshi but I'm not a FE fan and Yea most of their games will be announced but based on what we have now Microsoft and Sony have a better lineup IMO.

So far I'm interested in these titles:

3DS

The Alliance Alive
Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey Redux
Radiant HIstoria: Perfect Chronology
Hopefully: Dragon Quest XI, Persona Q2, The Snack World and the soon to be announced Etrian Odyssey game. 

PS4

Valkyria Chronicles 4
Atelier Lydie & Suelle: The Alchemists & the Mysterious Paintings
Mega Man XI
Hopefully: Trails of Cold Steel III

Switch

Kirby Star Allies
Project Octopath Traveller
Fire Emblem Switch

Nintendo still has the January direct, but if everything remains as it is and the games I want leave Japan, 3DS for me.

Around the Network
KilleyMc said:

So far I'm interested in these titles:

3DS

The Alliance Alive
Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey Redux
Radiant HIstoria: Perfect Chronology
Hopefully: Dragon Quest XI, Persona Q2, The Snack World and the soon to be announced Etrian Odyssey game. 

PS4

Valkyria Chronicles 4
Atelier Lydie & Suelle: The Alchemists & the Mysterious Paintings
Mega Man XI
Hopefully: Trails of Cold Steel III

Switch

Kirby Star Allies
Project Octopath Traveller
Fire Emblem Switch

Nintendo still has the January direct, but if everything remains as it is and the games I want leave Japan, 3DS for me.

Valkyria 4, Atelier Lydie And Suelle and Mega Man XI are all coming to the Switch. Js. >_>

ThisGuyFooks said:
Jigsawx1 said:
With Halo 6, state of decay 2 and horizon 3 its XOne >>>> Ps4>> NS.

Are we including unannounced games?

With Chrono Trigger 2, Syphon Filter 4, Legend of Dragoon 2 and Parasite Eve 3 its PS4>>>>NS>>>>X1

to be fair, horizon 4 has 99% chance of coming in 2018, unlike the games you listed.

People who are voting Switch are also depending on unannounced games for their pick, too.

(Not to say doing that is wrong, tho)

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

Intrinsic said:
Miyamotoo said:
Well we still dont know almost nothing about Switch 2018. linuep and Nintendo yet need to start reveling Switch 2018. linuep, january Direct will be good start but even than they will not reveal full 2018. lineup.

I don't follow, so in january 2018 during the nintendo direct they will not t the very least announce all the major games that are coming in that same year?

Very strange strategy if true.

Nintendo is focusing on titles that will be out in "near future", I mean hole Switch lineup was announced only 3 months before Switch launch in January event and over 90% of games that are announced in that event are already released, and even after that event we had some announcements for this years releases after that January event, for instance games like Mario and Rabbids, Pokken Tournament, Doom or now Bayonetta 1/2 are announced only 2-3 months before launch. Thats why we still dont know almost nothing about Switch 2018. linuep, most likly at Nintendo direct in January Nintendo will mostly focus on games that will be released in Q1 and Q2, but they will not announce hole 2018. lineup in January.

Maybe it's strange strategie, but it's strategie that give results to Nintendo, and users in most cases dont need to wait too much for release after announcement of new game. That's totally different compared to Sony, all Sony PS4 big games are announced couple of years before launch.

Last edited by Miyamotoo - on 16 December 2017

Bandorr said:

I think it is interesting I've seen a couple people suggest that Halo 6 will be introduced AND come out in 2018.

Introduced->came out.
Halo 5 was 2013->2015.
Halo 4 was 2011->2012
Halo 3 was 2006->2007

While all three were introduced at E3 - none of them came out the same year.

So what am I missing that makes people think Halo 6 will be introduced at E3, and come out 3 to 5 months later?

Microsoft lately have been trying to announce games that come out within 4-12 months. Personally I think Halo 6 is a 2019 thing but I wouldn't be surprised if it came out in 2018.

Bandorr said:

I think it is interesting I've seen a couple people suggest that Halo 6 will be introduced AND come out in 2018.

Introduced->came out.
Halo 5 was 2013->2015.
Halo 4 was 2011->2012
Halo 3 was 2006->2007

While all three were introduced at E3 - none of them came out the same year.

So what am I missing that makes people think Halo 6 will be introduced at E3, and come out 3 to 5 months later?

One word: Fallout 4. You never know what could happen.

Seriously tho, there one counter to what you said: The games in each Halo trilogy come 3 years after the previous one, without fail.

The one exception was halo 3 to halo 4, and that because Halo 4 was the start of a new trilogy. There were also two " spinoffs" in the gap between the two.

That being said, if I had to pick a side, I would say it isnt coming in 2018. Its just that I wouldnt be surprised if it were.

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.