Forums - Sales Discussion - Global Software, week ending 28th October

It's Odd I See.

Around the Network
curl-6 said:

Poor Wolfenstein tho; I haven't played it yet, (waiting on the Switch version) but from everything I've seen it looks like an awesome game and it's a shame it didn't do so well.

Im really enjoying Doom so i definitely plan on picking up Wolf when it comes out and I still gotta get Skyrim as well.

actually there are at least 2 dozen games currently out that i want to get. kinda crazy comparing it to Wii U where i would go multiple months waiting for something that interested me.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Mario Odyssey might outsell splatoon 2 next week

curl-6 said:

For comparison's sake, 3D World sold 277k in its first week.

It didnt release in Europe/Australia until the following week which would put Global week 1 sales around ~400k. Still crazy that it sold 5x as much week 1.

3D World shipments are at 5.70 million after almost 4 years, Odyssey could honestly do that in just 2 months.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

I don't think anybody made a thread for the Oct 21 numbers.......Hm. Very nice for SMO. Sad to see GTA 5 on PS4 floundering in 17th place, and the XBO version failing to crack the top 30.

Chinese food for breakfast

Around the Network
zorg1000 said:
curl-6 said:

For comparison's sake, 3D World sold 277k in its first week.

It didnt release in Europe/Australia until the following week which would put Global week 1 sales around ~400k. Still crazy that it sold 5x as much week 1.

Wouldn't call it crazy at all. This is Odyssey vs. 3D World we're talking about, it's obvious which game is by far the most appealing, and Odyssey also has the upper hand with an userbase that's like 3 times larger than the Wii U's back then.

It pains me to see those Wolfenstein IIs sales.

COKTOE said:
I don't think anybody made a thread for the Oct 21 numbers.......Hm. Very nice for SMO. Sad to see GTA 5 on PS4 floundering in 17th place, and the XBO version failing to crack the top 30.

IKR? What a flop!

Bet Shiken that COD would outsell Battlefield in 2018. http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8749702

PAOerfulone said:

Odyssey (Ya, see!)
Odyssey (Ya see!)
Odyssey (Ya see!)
Odyssey (Ya see!)

I seriously came here to post this, lol.

just wow...