By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Japan sales (Week 49): Media Create/Famitsu/Dengeki - December 04-10, 2017

Oh, great week for PS4! :)
Switch sells like a monster, but I'm kind of dissapointed Nintendo doesn't manage to allocate more stock to japan. I expected 200k+ this week.

Mario has incredible legs, it will hit 1m next week and has likely already hit it with digital. Splatoon 2 with a big week as well and about to hit 1,5m in japan.
Mario Kart is also closing in on 1m slowly but surely and Zelda will make it to 700k this year. I hope it will contimue to have legs into the next year and make to the 1m+ lt.

Xenoblade 2 with a big drop, but that is to be expected for a JRPG...in other news, pokemon finally hit 1m in media create single skus *explodes confetti bomb*.

Around the Network

Nintendo keeps dominating Japan as was expected. The stock issues there is still a problem. I hope they sort it out asap.

Xbox ONE doing comparatively great.

Switch needs desperately bigger shipments in Japan if they want to meet demand one day

Great week for the PS4, yet still not enough when comparing to the Switch

Pretty solid numbers all around for Nintendo and Sony! If they really did fix the stock issues then 200K should be a given for next week, hopefully upwards of 250K. We shall see!

SuperNova said:
Oh, great week for PS4! :)
Switch sells like a monster, but I'm kind of dissapointed Nintendo doesn't manage to allocate more stock to japan. I expected 200k+ this week.

Mario has incredible legs, it will hit 1m next week and has likely already hit it with digital. Splatoon 2 with a big week as well and about to hit 1,5m in japan.
Mario Kart is also closing in on 1m slowly but surely and Zelda will make it to 700k this year. I hope it will contimue to have legs into the next year and make to the 1m+ lt.

Xenoblade 2 with a big drop, but that is to be expected for a JRPG...in other news, pokemon finally hit 1m in media create single skus *explodes confetti bomb*.

If Xenoblade 2 goes over 160K (which it most likely will), then it will have outsold the highest selling Xeno game in Japan.

Around the Network

Maybe Sony should've shipped some more of those MH Pros.

Only 45K Monster Hunter Pro models? Is that correct? This isn't good if i'm being honest.

I like the Pro numbers.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

OTBWY said:
Only 45K Monster Hunter Pro models? Is that correct? This isn't good if i'm being honest.

Extremely limited quantities. They sold out as soon as they were available online.

Aura7541 said:
OTBWY said:

Extremely limited quantities. They sold out as soon as they were available online.

Sony is just creating artificial demand with the console.