By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Switch sold over 55k in South Korea in 3 days

Got this info from Reddit. Apparently Nintendo sold over 55K in South Korea. This number beats not just the launch week sales of the DS, Wii and 3DS, but also the launch months sales of those devices.

Here's the article (in Korean): http://bbs.ruliweb.com/nin/board/300004/read/2148024?

It seems that Nintendo has put some effort in these markets, wonder how it will perform in China and Taiwan.

Last edited by OTBWY - on 13 December 2017

Around the Network

That is impressive that the Switch continues to beat Nintendo's successful platforms.

What are console sales usually like in South Korea?

Impressive for South Korea.
It'll be interesting to see how the Switch ends up doing in the Rest of the World.
I wonder if it can reach the Wii and DS's numbers.

When does it get released in China? Hopefully we get numbers for them too

Pocky Lover Boy! 

ResidentToxy said:
That is impressive that the Switch continues to beat Nintendo's successful platforms.

Apparently only 2 consoles have broken a million units LT in Korea, the PS2 and the Wii.

Around the Network

55,001 units confirmed?

I'm not to sure how good it is outside of comparisons to Nintendo platforms. Hopefully the Switch breaks in there and helps push console gaming as a whole to new people. Well done Nintendo!

Now I really want to see how Nintendo fares in China. So many things could happen if the Switch is successful there...

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

OTBWY said:
ResidentToxy said:

Apparently only 2 consoles have broken a million units LT in Korea, the PS2 and the Wii.

Oh wow. Fingers crossed that the Switch manages to break a million units there too. 

Nice.
Hopefully sales start to increase if Rainway, or a similar application comes to the device.

Do we know anything about PS4 sales in SK?