By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - PUGB on XB1 drops to 4fps, issues also on XB1X- Digital Foundry

yvanjean said:

if you want to talk X1X proposition just compare PUBG on Xbox one to Xbox One X... Huge difference and the game runs in 4K vs 1080P.

Unless of course you have a 3840x1440, 2560x1600, 2560x1440, 2560x1080 etc' display... Then the Xbox One X will only output at 1920x1080.
And then that image is upscaled to the resolution, making the image look soft and blurry... And the game already looks terrible to begin with.

yvanjean said:

X1X version will get even closer to Medium PC setting that's what the X1X is offering, Ultra setting on PC is always going to be a moving target that get better and better. The price range from high end PC can range from anywhere to $1000 to $XXXX.

Ultra settings is perfectly achievable on a Radeon RX 580 at 1440P, which the Xbox One X can match and in some aspects even exceed.

So medium settings is a bit of slap in the face.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Around the Network
Pemalite said:
yvanjean said:

if you want to talk X1X proposition just compare PUBG on Xbox one to Xbox One X... Huge difference and the game runs in 4K vs 1080P.

Unless of course you have a 3840x1440, 2560x1600, 2560x1440, 2560x1080 etc' display... Then the Xbox One X will only output at 1920x1080.
And then that image is upscaled to the resolution, making the image look soft and blurry... And the game already looks terrible to begin with.

yvanjean said:

X1X version will get even closer to Medium PC setting that's what the X1X is offering, Ultra setting on PC is always going to be a moving target that get better and better. The price range from high end PC can range from anywhere to $1000 to $XXXX.

Ultra settings is perfectly achievable on a Radeon RX 580 at 1440P, which the Xbox One X can match and in some aspects even exceed.

You say that like I would ever want to play on PC :P there many gamers like me that only want the best possible console experience. The alternative to us is not PC, it would be not playing PUBG. You saw the Xbox one X specs, you know what the console can do, it's up to bluehole to get their shit together.  

yvanjean said:

You say that like I would ever want to play on PC :P there many gamers like me that only want the best possible console experience. The alternative to us is not PC, it would be not playing PUBG. You saw the Xbox one X specs, you know what the console can do, it's up to bluehole to get their shit together.  

It's the complete opposite for me. If it's not decent on PC, I don't buy it . And I'm not the only one out there that thinks that either. 

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

yvanjean said:
Pemalite said:

The devs have the dev kit and spec, so if the game doesn't run right (when we can see a lot of other games running fantastic on it) then the issue is on the dev capability.

Chazore said:
yvanjean said:

It's the complete opposite for me. If it's not decent on PC, I don't buy it . And I'm not the only one out there that thinks that either. 

Even on VGC the PC crowd is quite significant =]

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

DonFerrari said: 

Mainly speaking of outside the site itself

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

Around the Network
Chazore said:
DonFerrari said: 

Mainly speaking of outside the site itself

then a bigger community

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

yvanjean said:

Whether you play on PC or not is ultimately irrelevant, I don't actually care.
Just that the Xbox One version is shit and is in drastic need of improvement as it's not showing the hardware off fully.

And I am aware of what the Xbox One X can do, I do own that console.

Chazore said:

Yeah. I wouldn't say it's worth it on PC either.
I bought it because I wanted to see the issues first hand and do some Memory, CPU and GPU time analysis.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Pemalite said:
yvanjean said:

Just that the Xbox One version is shit and is in drastic need of improvement as it's not showing the hardware off fully.

Chazore said:

I bought it because I wanted to see the issues first hand and do some Memory, CPU and GPU time analysis.

So it is or isn't a computational resources hog?

DonFerrari said:
Pemalite said:

So it is or isn't a computational resources hog?

It hasn't hogged that much from my system before 1.0 landed. I was playing at 80+ fps on high settings, with only textures and AA set to ultra.

I've yet to test the game now that I've downloaded 1.0 and Nvidia's game ready driver for the game. I'll probably test it either later on tonight or tomorrow after work. 

Pemalite said:
yvanjean said:

Oh, that sucks.
Is that an issue with the game, or is that just how the XxX handles things?