By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - PUGB on XB1 drops to 4fps, issues also on XB1X- Digital Foundry

You have no idea, yet you say people love being bled dry by corporations, multiple comments about nickel and diming (it’s not “nick and diming”) and about how the developers needed the $30,000,000 Xbone users paid plus more. Just makes it seem as if the game is loaded with microtransactions when in reality both versions had some limited time promotional crap that has zero effect on gameplay.

Not a good hill to die on in today’s industry.

Around the Network
LudicrousSpeed said:
You have no idea, yet you say people love being bled dry by corporations, multiple comments about nickel and diming (it’s not “nick and diming”) and about how the developers needed the $30,000,000 Xbone users paid plus more. Just makes it seem as if the game is loaded with microtransactions when in reality both versions had some limited time promotional crap that has zero effect on gameplay.

So there aren't people that love to be dried up? Doesn't a lot of people put insane amount of money on microtransactions?

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

DonFerrari said:
LudicrousSpeed said:

So there aren't people that love to be dried up? Doesn't a lot of people put insane amount of money on microtransactions?

What does this have to do with PUBG and the bitching about “beta microtransactions”, when there werent any issues with that?

They had a promotional event at Gamescom for a competition and charity. Xbox had limited time skins, and they’ve already confirmed those are the only purchaseable items there will be during the Game Preview time frame. So, per usual, seems you “have no idea” what you’re talking about.

Unless, again, I’m missing some DLC they did.

LudicrousSpeed said:
DonFerrari said:

What does this have to do with PUBG and the bitching about “beta microtransactions”, when there werent any issues with that?

They had a promotional event at Gamescom for a competition and charity. Xbox had limited time skins, and they’ve already confirmed those are the only purchaseable items there will be during the Game Preview time frame. So, per usual, seems you “have no idea” what you’re talking about.

Unless, again, I’m missing some DLC they did.

I'm not bitching about microtransaction. I'm saying it's strange that they put it on a beta, but considering how the market is, it isn't particularly unexpected.

On the microtransaction I'm going by what iromandx aknowledged on the issue brought by Rocketjay8. If all those microtransaction are the special gifts you are talking about, then off course we can consider it equivalent to not having microtransaction.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

DonFerrari said:
sethnintendo said:

Have fun being a beta tester.

If he is truly enjoying the game what difference does it make if it's a beta?

Sorry mark me down as a hater.  I don't like to see millions going ape shit over a game that isn't even finished.  I see this as a problem for the industry.  Industry was already releasing half finished games with notion of patching fixes in later.  Now we have a large group of gamers supporting unfinished games.  Just like the DLC and microtransaction issue.  The entire industry is turning into shit.

Oh and one more thing.  PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUND is about the dumbest name ever.  It's like a four year old came up with the name.

Around the Network

Just an FYI: PUBG had a DLC before the "game" even released. It was for a pair of pants, a shirt, and some boots. $10.

I was tempted to buy it but the skins looked pretty shabby. I wanted the sexy shirt and cut off jeans I see everybody wearing. I passed on it. It may still be available for purchase, though. I don't know.

It’s not, it was a limited time thing.

Personally idk why anyone would waste money on cosmetics in this game. The gear you find throughout the game would make it irrelevant. “hmmmm should I pick up this level 2 vest or keep showing off my cool shirt?”

PUBG has no microtransaction. all loot crates and clothing can only be unlocked using in game money. This is PC and X1 but they did have promotional DlC for Gamescon and the Xbox launch.

sethnintendo said:
DonFerrari said:

If he is truly enjoying the game what difference does it make if it's a beta?

Sorry mark me down as a hater.  I don't like to see millions going ape shit over a game that isn't even finished.  I see this as a problem for the industry.  Industry was already releasing half finished games with notion of patching fixes in later.  Now we have a large group of gamers supporting unfinished games.  Just like the DLC and microtransaction issue.  The entire industry is turning into shit.

Oh and one more thing.  PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUND is about the dumbest name ever.  It's like a four year old came up with the name.

I would agree. But that isn't hating, is just we being old and not the target of the game. No issues. But some people are impatient, so pre-release is enough to make they excited.

LudicrousSpeed said:
It’s not, it was a limited time thing.

Personally idk why anyone would waste money on cosmetics in this game. The gear you find throughout the game would make it irrelevant. “hmmmm should I pick up this level 2 vest or keep showing off my cool shirt?”

Understood. I also think it's dumb to pay for this kind of stuff, but as I said, some people like to be sucked dry, and that is their problem.

Rocketjay8 said:
yvanjean said:

PUBG is this year most anticipated game on Xbox console and run much better on Xbox one X. Providing a superior experience for gamers upgrading to the Xbox one X.

I think Microsoft should double down and actually make this game a permanent bundle to the Xbox one X. 

With locked 30fps and dipping into 21, some textures that look like Goldeneye on the n64, and buildings taking a long time to load even when you are on the ground? Is that what you call a superior experience for gamers?

PUBG is best played on console on Xbox one X, this version is for those that only play consoles or don't own a capable gaming PC. Also, the game is a superior console experience on Xbox one X. 

But, we are getting away from your initial comment why would Microsoft bundle this game with Xbox one X. Given all the technical issues is this game still fun and can it recreate on console the excitement that PC gamer had with this game? If you someone that truly can't get over the technical issue than you shouldn't be playing a game in preview version and wait for the finished version.  If you want the most polished version of this game, you should at getting a capable gaming PC and ignore the console version. 

There is going to be so many people playing this game over the holidays, over 1 million in 48 hours of launch. Clearly some of us are more then willing to put up with the technical issues to experience this game on consoles. I wouldn't recommend playing it for competitive gaming in it's current version but if you simply want to have fun and be part of early adopter that helped optimized this game on console there no reason not to play now.