By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - PUGB on XB1 drops to 4fps, issues also on XB1X- Digital Foundry

yvanjean said:
Rocketjay8 said:

With locked 30fps and dipping into 21, some textures that look like Goldeneye on the n64, and buildings taking a long time to load even when you are on the ground? Is that what you call a superior experience for gamers?

PUBG is best played on console on Xbox one X, this version is for those that only play consoles or don't own a capable gaming PC. Also, the game is a superior console experience on Xbox one X. 

But, we are getting away from your initial comment why would Microsoft bundle this game with Xbox one X. Given all the technical issues is this game still fun and can it recreate on console the excitement that PC gamer had with this game? If you someone that truly can't get over the technical issue than you shouldn't be playing a game in preview version and wait for the finished version.  If you want the most polished version of this game, you should at getting a capable gaming PC and ignore the console version. 

There is going to be so many people playing this game over the holidays, over 1 million in 48 hours of launch. Clearly some of us are more then willing to put up with the technical issues to experience this game on consoles. I wouldn't recommend playing it for competitive gaming in it's current version but if you simply want to have fun and be part of early adopter that helped optimized this game on console there no reason not to play now. 

But you agree that for a console pushing for the 4k, better looking experience the PUBG bundle isn't really favoring the point right? If they were putting a FM7+PUBG bundle then sure it would have the buzztalk of the new darling PUBG and also a game that push the visuals.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network
sethnintendo said:
DonFerrari said:

If he is truly enjoying the game what difference does it make if it's a beta?

Sorry mark me down as a hater.  I don't like to see millions going ape shit over a game that isn't even finished.  I see this as a problem for the industry.  Industry was already releasing half finished games with notion of patching fixes in later.  Now we have a large group of gamers supporting unfinished games.  Just like the DLC and microtransaction issue.  The entire industry is turning into shit.

Oh and one more thing.  PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUND is about the dumbest name ever.  It's like a four year old came up with the name.

This is just what I'm trying to tell ironmanDX. I know that this game is very popular, but there are going to be western studios that will publish beta games like PUBG, try to take as much money out of the consumer as possible with shady practices, and use the Beta label as a shield against criticism.

Last edited by Rocketjay8 - on 20 December 2017

Rocketjay8 said:
sethnintendo said:

Sorry mark me down as a hater.  I don't like to see millions going ape shit over a game that isn't even finished.  I see this as a problem for the industry.  Industry was already releasing half finished games with notion of patching fixes in later.  Now we have a large group of gamers supporting unfinished games.  Just like the DLC and microtransaction issue.  The entire industry is turning into shit.

Oh and one more thing.  PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUND is about the dumbest name ever.  It's like a four year old came up with the name.

This is just what I'm trying to tell ironmanDX. I know that this game is very popular, but there are going to be western studios that will publish beta games like PUBG, try to take as much money out of the consumer as possible with shady practices, and use the Beta label as a shield against criticism.

PUBG was in early access for well less than a year. If you’re going to worry about this becoming the norm, your argument would be better suited by referencing the many many shitty early access games that take years to come out, if they ever do. Of course, the foundation of your argument is flawed anyway.

1. PUBG is about as good a model as you can hope for from an early access title. There’s literally zero reason to be terrified here unless you’re just fundamentally against early access games in the first place. In which case no amount of logic or reason will sway you.

2. Publishers can’t just replicate PUBG. Why hasn’t anyone just pooped out a new Call of Duty? Where’s the Overwatch clone? Why didn’t Sony ever get that Halo shooter? Why can’t Microsoft just make Forza sell what GT does? Publishers already release early access games. Nothing has changed with PUBG.

3. You do know PUBG is developed in Korea somewhere, yes? What is this about western studios? Spoiler: publishers everywhere are out for your money.

DonFerrari said:

But you agree that for a console pushing for the 4k, better looking experience the PUBG bundle isn't really favoring the point right? If they were putting a FM7+PUBG bundle then sure it would have the buzztalk of the new darling PUBG and also a game that push the visuals.

PUBG was never technically impressive on PC and still could use more optimization. The question was can they convert the experience of PUBG from PC to Console.

PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds on Xbox One continues to throw up some fascinating discoveries, including the inclusion of a PC-style settings screen that displays resolution and graphics options. The menu itself is non-functional, but suggests that the base Xbox One version of the game runs at 1080p on PC's very low settings. Meanwhile, accessing the same menu on Xbox One X gives a different outlook, with 4K resolution and medium settings dialled in. But is this an accurate representation of the game's visual make-up? We decided to find out.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2017-xbox-one-pubg-settings-screen-revealed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SqIlgl0F7RI

The game is fun but there a long way to go.  

LudicrousSpeed said:
It’s not, it was a limited time thing.

Personally idk why anyone would waste money on cosmetics in this game. The gear you find throughout the game would make it irrelevant. “hmmmm should I pick up this level 2 vest or keep showing off my cool shirt?”

Crazy thing is, when I played, I didn't think about what anybody was wearing at all. Not even once. I don't even think I could tell. My focus was on staying alive.

Around the Network
DonFerrari said:

I should also say that I've only played on Xbox one S :P Haven't pick up the Xbox one X. 

LudicrousSpeed said:
Rocketjay8 said:

PUBG was in early access for well less than a year. If you’re going to worry about this becoming the norm, your argument would be better suited by referencing the many many shitty early access games that take years to come out, if they ever do. Of course, the foundation of your argument is flawed anyway.

1. PUBG is about as good a model as you can hope for from an early access title. There’s literally zero reason to be terrified here unless you’re just fundamentally against early access games in the first place. In which case no amount of logic or reason will sway you.

2. Publishers can’t just replicate PUBG. Why hasn’t anyone just pooped out a new Call of Duty? Where’s the Overwatch clone? Why didn’t Sony ever get that Halo shooter? Why can’t Microsoft just make Forza sell what GT does? Publishers already release early access games. Nothing has changed with PUBG.

3. You do know PUBG is developed in Korea somewhere, yes? What is this about western studios? Spoiler: publishers everywhere are out for your money.

I hope that you are right. I just really don't trust a lot of western studios these days. Especially EA and Activision.

yvanjean said:
DonFerrari said:

PUBG was never technically impressive on PC and still could use more optimization. The question was can they convert the experience of PUBG from PC to Console.

PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds on Xbox One continues to throw up some fascinating discoveries, including the inclusion of a PC-style settings screen that displays resolution and graphics options. The menu itself is non-functional, but suggests that the base Xbox One version of the game runs at 1080p on PC's very low settings. Meanwhile, accessing the same menu on Xbox One X gives a different outlook, with 4K resolution and medium settings dialled in. But is this an accurate representation of the game's visual make-up? We decided to find out.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2017-xbox-one-pubg-settings-screen-revealed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SqIlgl0F7RI

The game is fun but there a long way to go.  

I understand the game is addictive and fun, and also of course the best console version will be on X1X. Just saying that for the release window of the console a bundle of a game that focus on the "opposite" of X1X proposition is a little odd.

yvanjean said:
DonFerrari said:

I should also say that I've only played on Xbox one S :P Haven't pick up the Xbox one X. 

And is the version on X1S already on satisfactory level right? So early cash for devs and early fun for the fans. Let's see how much more can the Xbox preview program mature and how long for Sony to copy.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

DonFerrari said:

I understand the game is addictive and fun, and also of course the best console version will be on X1X. Just saying that for the release window of the console a bundle of a game that focus on the "opposite" of X1X proposition is a little odd.

yvanjean said:

And is the version on X1S already on satisfactory level right? So early cash for devs and early fun for the fans. Let's see how much more can the Xbox preview program mature and how long for Sony to copy.

if you want to talk X1X proposition just compare PUBG on Xbox one to Xbox One X... Huge difference and the game runs in 4K vs 1080P. 

X1X version will get even closer to Medium PC setting that's what the X1X is offering, Ultra setting on PC is always going to be a moving target that get better and better. The price range from high end PC can range from anywhere to $1000 to $XXXX.

X1S technical aspect and controls need some serious work, I was disappointed that they din't change the loot system for Console. Something similar to what Diablo 3 did but it is the preview version. But, every one is on a similar playing field, so it doesn't matter looting take longer which adds more tension. Make playing in a squad much more fun, as someone should always be spotting or covering for people that are looting. You will also look forward to every update and add excitement and reason to keep playing.  

yvanjean said:
DonFerrari said:

if you want to talk X1X proposition just compare PUBG on Xbox one to Xbox One X... Huge difference and the game runs in 4K vs 1080P. 

X1X version will get even closer to Medium PC setting that's what the X1X is offering, Ultra setting on PC is always going to be a moving target that get better and better. The price range from high end PC can range from anywhere to $1000 to $XXXX.

X1S technical aspect and controls need some serious work, I was disappointed that they din't change the loot system for Console. Something similar to what Diablo 3 did but it is the preview version. But, every one is on a similar playing field, so it doesn't matter looting take longer which adds more tension. Make playing in a squad much more fun, as someone should always be spotting or covering for people that are looting. You will also look forward to every update and add excitement and reason to keep playing.  

PUBG runs natively at 4k on X1X? Good to know. Regular customer wouldn't be impressed by the difference between both when the graphic isn't that high.

On the experience, glad you liked it.