By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Disney and 21st Century Fox Deal to Reportedly Close on Thursday

Disney and 21st Century Fox Deal to Reportedly Close on Thursday

Well, it looks like the deal is actually going to happen.

According to a new report from CNBC, the deal for Disney to buy 21st Century Fox is all-but complete, and that the companies are set to announce the acquisition on Thursday.

This news comes just a day after Comcast, Disney's biggest competition in the race to acquire Fox, backed out of the running. Disney remains the only suitor for Fox, and the company is ready to move in.

Other CNBC sources say that the deal is to be an "All-stock" deal, just including the Fox stock shares rather than full cash assets.

This move would allow Disney to acquire the Fox studio, which produces its films and original television shows. Fox would keep all of its news and sports assets, as it would more in a more grounded direction going forward. The acquisition of the studio would include FX, National Geographic and Fox's stake in Hulu, in addition to its movie and TV studios.

Much of this deal revolves around Disney's ability to acquire Fox's Marvel properties. Disney already owns Marvel studios, and this would allow the company to use the X-Men and Fantastic Four properties that have belonged to Fox for some time.

http://comicbook.com/marvel/2017/12/12/disney-fox-deal-thursday/

My body is ready...

Around the Network

Everyone is so focused on the Marvel properties that noone asks whether this deal includes The Simpsons or not. The ever expanding Disney strikes again.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

I'm glad we got Logan when we did. Wonder if it had come out under Disney.

Ka-pi96 said:
Boo. Stop buying everything disney!

As much as I'm NOT a fan of Disney, I'm a BIGGER fan of MARVEL.  Make it happen.

I sort of feel bad for Hugh Jackman since he said for a while that he would love to be in the avengers and such and now that Marvel is finally getting the X-men and F4 properties back to be in the MCU it's literally right after he finished playing wolverine in logan so he still never got to 

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:

I trust Disney with stuff more than I do most other companies. Taking Fox's stuff should give them the film rights to the Riordanverse. I'd love to see an actual studio take a knack at them, perhaps for the streaming service. 

The Democratic Nintendo fan....is that a paradox? I'm fond of one of the more conservative companies in the industry, but I vote Liberally and view myself that way 90% of the time?

Darwinianevolution said:
Everyone is so focused on the Marvel properties that noone asks whether this deal includes The Simpsons or not. The ever expanding Disney strikes again.

I was mainly thinking about Marvel myself, but now I'm really curious as to whether or not the Simpsons are included too!!

Ka-pi96 said:
ClassicGamingWizzz said:

Do you prefer fox trashing fantastic four and xmen ?

I generally hate super hero movies but enjoy Xmen. So no, I don't want Disney trashing that. I want Fox to keep making good Xmen movies like they have been. Couldn't care less for fantastic four, too generic boring superheroish for me, should fit right in with Disney's stuff though.

Therefore, the X-men movie franchise isn't a good super hero movie franchise.  Confirmed.

ClassicGamingWizzz said:
Ka-pi96 said:

OT : it sucks that this deal didnt hapen sooner, now its too late and we will get another turd of a xmen fox movie, they will ruin for a second time the phoenix saga...

Marvel justs needs to keep deadpool the way it is.

Except Logan was the best superhero movie ever made? It pretty much transcended the boundaries of the genre and could stand on its own as any other classic action noire movies. Nothing that Disney released in the ast decade even comes close to where that movie went.

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

hunter_alien said:
ClassicGamingWizzz said:

OT : it sucks that this deal didnt hapen sooner, now its too late and we will get another turd of a xmen fox movie, they will ruin for a second time the phoenix saga...

Marvel justs needs to keep deadpool the way it is.

Except Logan was the best superhero movie ever made? It pretty much transcended the boundaries of the genre and could stand on its own as any other classic action noire movies. Nothing that Disney released in the ast decade even comes close to where that movie went.

So.  Fox whored out Wolverine when there were so many memorable X-men characters in the comics.  Kitty Pride should have been the one to have time traveled in the X-men Days of Future Past Movie, NOT Wolverine.  This should have been Fox's chance for another X-men movie character to shine as it worked SO well in the comic, but NOPE.  Fox's movie Wolverine, character for the easily impressed general masses.