By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Reggie: Zelda, Mario Kart 8 DX, Mario Odyssey bought by over 50% of Switch owners, more

Keep in mind that for Splatoon 2(and for any game here really), the numbers given are not exact figures, and are probably in the ballpark.So 50% for Mario has actually the chance to be anywhere between 45 to 55% of the numbers of Switch sold.The same holdds true for Splatoon, which would make more sense, because Im almost sure that Splatoon sold more than 2.5 millions worldwide.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Around the Network

Sold through? 10mil incoming for ship+digital by years end

Nautilus said:
Keep in mind that for Splatoon 2(and for any game here really), the numbers given are not exact figures, and are probably in the ballpark.So 50% for Mario has actually the chance to be anywhere between 45 to 55% of the numbers of Switch sold.The same holdds true for Splatoon, which would make more sense, because Im almost sure that Splatoon sold more than 2.5 millions worldwide.

He said over 50%. So more like 50-60%

This is probably either NA or USA, because one in four Switch owners buying Splatoon 2 is way too low for the worldwide attach rate. Even if Nintendo didn't ship a single copy since September 30th, it would still be over one in three: 3.61M out of 10M.

I don't understand the "more than Wii first year"? at the beginning of the sentence. Unless you mean by titles with more than a 50% attach ratio, which I guess is true as other than Wii Sports I don't think any other titles were that high, though I am not sure what Wii Play's sales were exactly.

Around the Network

Odyssey already at 5M?

That seems a bit too high

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Amazing attach ratios and well deserved. Two GotG contenders, the best Mario Kart ever made (even if it is a port, the improved battle mode made it complete) and the sequel to their new big franchise.

Mario Odyssey is selling insanely well. Ninty might have the bestselling 3D Mario and the bestselling Zelda ever on their hands here.

VGPolyglot said:
I don't understand the "more than Wii first year"? at the beginning of the sentence. Unless you mean by titles with more than a 50% attach ratio, which I guess is true as other than Wii Sports I don't think any other titles were that high, though I am not sure what Wii Play's sales were exactly.

i'm talking about the hardware, since Reggie said:  "it’s possible that the Switch will top the first-year sales of the Wii, if momentum remain strong through the holiday-shopping season."

(=^・ω・^=) Kuroneko S2 - Ore no Imouto - SteamMyAnimeList and Twitter - PSN: Gustavo_Valim - Switch FC: 6390-8693-0129 (=^・ω・^=)
StarDoor said:
This is probably either NA or USA, because one in four Switch owners buying Splatoon 2 is way too low for the worldwide attach rate. Even if Nintendo didn't ship a single copy since September 30th, it would still be over one in three: 3.61M out of 10M.

3 people from my family + me have a switch. Non of us have ever played any splatoon game and we are also not Interessted. Only one of us have odyssey. Botw all of us. Splatoon is not zelda sorry.

Nautilus said:

He specifically says 'more than 50%', not 'around' or 'roughly' or anything like that, so it's safe to assume that BotW, MK8D And Odyssey are each over 5m.

Splatoon 2 is probably be more of a ballpark number, but while it did very well, especially in japan, it hasn't been as impactful as the first one.

VG Chartz has Splatoon 2 at 2.5 million as of October 21st, wich is probably sustantially undertracked since Nintendo had the game at 3,6m shipped at the end of september. It should be over 4m shipped by now, but Reggie is reporting sold through consumers here, so I don't quite know what's going on with that number.