By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS4: Dreams Stream Starts Soon (Third Stream Starts Soon Again)

Normchacho said:

I assume VR will be used for modeling and level creation since if you could make games playable in VR there would be a bunch of games that would make people sick.

There will be VR implementation at a later date. They're just make those levels only playable with PSVR.

The PS5 Exists. 

Around the Network
GribbleGrunger said:
SvennoJ said:
I'm bummed at the news of no VR at launch and only limited after that. I don't want to get excited for this game if I can't build stuff in VR :/

I did enjoy making complicated stuff in LBP, programming with springs and pistons was fun and no annoying red stone space issues. (And a big cheer for stickers and colors to keep things organised lol) I should fire my level back up, see if it all still works. Are the servers still up anyway...

I believe so, yes. I sold my copy of 3 after the mess about with trying to get back all the DLC I bought. I wasn't happy with it. 

Did the levels carry over to LBP3? I can't remember. I did buy DLC too for the first 2 which my levels use, hmm. I should check it some time yet I removed it a while ago to make room on the HDD. With less than 50GB free it won't download patches, perhaps it's very fragmented by now. Could just check it on ps3 if can find a controller for it :)

SvennoJ said:
GribbleGrunger said:

I believe so, yes. I sold my copy of 3 after the mess about with trying to get back all the DLC I bought. I wasn't happy with it. 

Did the levels carry over to LBP3? I can't remember. I did buy DLC too for the first 2 which my levels use, hmm. I should check it some time yet I removed it a while ago to make room on the HDD. With less than 50GB free it won't download patches, perhaps it's very fragmented by now. Could just check it on ps3 if can find a controller for it :)

Yes, all the levels carried over but a lot of the DLC I bought was flagged as me not buying it. I was just so annoyed that I sold the copy eventually. The bugs didn't help either.

The PS5 Exists. 

I ended up watching maybe a minute of the stream because I was busy with other stuff. Looked intriguing, but you don't really learn much from a minute or so...

GribbleGrunger said:
SvennoJ said:

Yes, all the levels carried over but a lot of the DLC I bought was flagged as me not buying it. I was just so annoyed that I sold the copy eventually. The bugs didn't help either.

Sounds like me and the free copy of Wipeout HD I got after Sony was hacked... Curiously, I still have Wipeout HD Fury, but it's useless without the base game. I'm still pissed about it. Sony screwed up information security, and then they screwed up the compensation as well.

The more I watch these streams, the more I notice. In the atmosphere logic, where he adjusts the sun, each of the sliders has an input and an output. This means there must be timers to interact with each thing (as well as logic of course) and each of the sliders must have a 'state' = to 'a set condition within the slider' that activates once the condition is met. I also saw a dark cloud icon which I'm assuming is weather. Taking what I've said above, the condition could them be 'when it starts to rain > raining for (set time) then = create puddles (logic set to animation).'

I've also been thinking about the easy animation and record function. Clearly, just as LBP, logic is going to eat that thermo up, so I can see a good solution there. Create your complex logic to make something move in a complex way, record it moving and then delete the logic. Thermo saved!

The PS5 Exists. 

Around the Network
GribbleGrunger said:

The more I watch these streams, the more I notice. In the atmosphere logic, where he adjusts the sun, each of the sliders has an input and an output. This means there must be timers to interact with each thing (as well as logic of course) and each of the sliders must have a 'state' = to 'a set condition within the slider' that activates once the condition is met. I also saw a dark cloud icon which I'm assuming is weather. Taking what I've said above, the condition could them be 'when it starts to rain > raining for (set time) then = create puddles (logic set to animation).'

I've also been thinking about the easy animation and record function. Clearly, just as LBP, logic is going to eat that thermo up, so I can see a good solution there. Create your complex logic to make something move in a complex way, record it moving and then delete the logic. Thermo saved!

Can't you animate it directly in that case?

I always found it fun to optimize my logic and watch it all in action behind the scenes. Boss with different stages was fun to make with blocks, sensors and wheels, yet my art is so crap it was more satisfying to see the machinery work instead of the moving lump of poo :)

SvennoJ said:
GribbleGrunger said:

I always found it fun to optimize my logic and watch it all in action behind the scenes. Boss with different stages was fun to make with blocks, sensors and wheels, yet my art is so crap it was more satisfying to see the machinery work instead of the moving lump of poo :)

You can animate it by simply grabbing it and moving it, but that isn't accurate enough for my liking and wouldn't allow for complex platform movement. using logic to create that complex movement, recording and then deleting the logic would work perfectly though.

The PS5 Exists. 

I just discovered those additional streams are not available on Twitch. I missed them :( Is there any possiblity to re-watch them?! They aren't on Youtube either, sadly..

Check these out, 4 Dreams videos (new ones):
https://blog.eu.playstation.com/2017/12/11/everything-you-need-to-know-about-extraordinary-ps4-exclusive-dreams-in-4-short-videos/

Predicted 15+ million lifetime-sales for God of War:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=234612&page=1

GribbleGrunger said:
SvennoJ said:

You can animate it by simply grabbing it and moving it, but that isn't accurate enough for my liking and wouldn't allow for complex platform movement. using logic to create that complex movement, recording and then deleting the logic would work perfectly though.

over at Era people also spotted an option for keyframe animation, which generates animation between 2 keyframes automatically  - that should be easily be able to perform precise movement of platforms etc