By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - November 2017 NPD Thread! PS4 > XBO > Switch

Errorist76 said:
Farsala said:
Was hoping for some extra numbers with all these posts but meh, pretty much the same numbers as stated since day 1.

If MS wanted to reinvigorate XB1 sales then they would sell it at a severe loss for example XB1 X at $400 or something. At $500 they clearly did not expect good sales, but they got it from November anyways. Nice cash in their pocket + XBL users so they will continue to sell it at a high price.

Nice cash in?!

They were basically selling both 189,- X1S and 499,- X1X at a loss....not sure if that's what cashing-in actually means...

I agree with the aforementioned statement btw. They should have sold it at 400,- no matter the loss, which could have made all the difference. Now Sony has essentially a 300-150,- price advantage for an already more attractive console. It's only gonna get worse if they don't cut price soon, which they probably will...angering early buyers just like they did at the X1 launch back then.

Nah I said cash in their pocket, since they kept the price so high they get more revenues from it. And of course hardcore launch buyers will pay more so it was smart of them to keep the price high. Of course they will cut the price in a timely manner, just like Sony did with the Pro, but MS has more room to cut since it is already so high.

Around the Network
quickrick said:
flashfire926 said:
I love how some of the ps guys are desperately trying to paint a bad picture for xbox/nintendo.
Doing this just makes you look worse.
I mean, just admit that other consoles are doing well too and get a move on.

lmao xbox numbers would have been impressive, if X didn't launch. as for switch, there ok numbers.

I'm afraid I don't follow... How many of the X1X sell? My understanding is that the number was impressive considering the hefty price tag.

KLAMarine said:
quickrick said:

lmao xbox numbers would have been impressive, if X didn't launch. as for switch, there ok numbers.

I'm afraid I don't follow... How many of the X1X sell? My understanding is that the number was impressive considering the hefty price tag.

X sold around 430k. with out the x launch, were looking at 870k for xbox one at 189$, thats not really impressive.

KLAMarine said:
quickrick said:

the number was 430k, 65% higher than pro launch.

that means x1s sold from anywhere between 866k to 1081k units. 

the npd tracking period only lasted until nov 25, so the $189 xbox only got 3 days, while $199 ps4 got a whole week.

that was a great move by sony to take the win.

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

flashfire926 said:
KLAMarine said:

the number was 430k, 65% higher than pro launch.

that means x1s sold from anywhere between 866k to 1081k units. 

the npd tracking period only lasted until nov 25, so the $189 xbox only got 3 days, while $199 ps4 got a whole week.

that was a great move by sony to take the win.

199$ ps4 sold out in 2 days. xbox one s family only did 1.3 million. xbox one s=870k.

Around the Network

1) XBOX ONE

The XB1 had his best November ever, the XB1S was flat or just slighly down YOY, and the Xbox one X had a better launch than the PRO by 65% with 100$ more. A new model at 500$ selling over 400K first month and we are saying those performance are disappoint lmao what?

2) SWITCH

Switch first November is basically on par with 3DS first November, this even if 3DS was selling at 170$ and had Mario 3DLand early in the month. Switch had Mario Odyssey, but it was released the last week of October, so the boost wasn't as big as it would have been if Mario Odyssey was a November release. But most important, Switch was at 300$ with literally NO DEALS.
I mean, overall is not like PS4 situation was much different. It was at 400$ but it had 2 games bundled, GTA V and TLOU remastered, Switch was 300$ withouth games OR 370$ with Mario Odyssey.
I mean those are pretty close performance, no matter how you look at it.

Switch is also WAY over 3DS launch allinied, and is on very close to PS4. Also over XB1. First 9 months:
PS4 - 3.76 million
NSW ~ 3.4 million
XB1 - 3.05 million
3DS - 2.46 million

Both XB1 and Switch had a good month. Period.

So.......to sum it up for November.

Sony is still killing it (as usually)!

Xbox is doing amazing and the X is a beast. (Guess it’s not going anywhere, 😉)

Nintendo is smoking hot and will continue to sell extremely well moving forward.

Seems everyone is doing great...I LOVE IT!

Ryng_Tolu said:
1) XBOX ONE

The XB1 had his best November ever, the XB1S was flat or just slighly down YOY, and the Xbox one X had a better launch than the PRO by 65% with 100$ more. A new model at 500$ selling over 400K first month and we are saying those performance are disappoint lmao what?

2) SWITCH

Switch first November is basically on par with 3DS first November, this even if 3DS was selling at 170$ and had Mario 3DLand early in the month. Switch had Mario Odyssey, but it was released the last week of October, so the boost wasn't as big as it would have been if Mario Odyssey was a November release. But most important, Switch was at 300$ with literally NO DEALS.
I mean, overall is not like PS4 situation was much different. It was at 400$ but it had 2 games bundled, GTA V and TLOU remastered, Switch was 300$ withouth games OR 370$ with Mario Odyssey.
I mean those are pretty close performance, no matter how you look at it.

Switch is also WAY over 3DS launch allinied, and is on very close to PS4. Also over XB1. First 9 months:
PS4 - 3.76 million
NSW ~ 3.4 million
XB1 - 3.05 million
3DS - 2.46 million

Both XB1 and Switch had a good month. Period.

Great post...👍.

I wanted to address this but you summed it up nicely.

Everyone did amazing!

thismeintiel said:
3sexty said:

So you honestly think the XBOX One X is going to be priced the same as the new PS5 by the time it comes out. I don't think so. Also PS5 won't be around for at least a couple of years which is enough of a timeframe for the One x to come down in price. 

Well, $349 =/= $399.  I think best case scenario is the X will be $299 in '19, either permanently or for Black Friday.

First of all a 2017 500$ console vs a 2019 400$ console won't be that big of a power difference. If it's 500$ sure it could be fairly large but 400 will probably be like the pro vs the x but roles reversed. And I think x would be 249-299 no higher than that.  The rate in which tech is increasing has slowed significantly. 

A 400$ console in 2019 would probably be a 9-10tf console with a ryzen CPU. The gpu would still be very comparable x to the ps5. There would be a very large difference in CPU though.

Halo MCC will sell 5+ million copies(including digital)

halo 5 will sell 10 million copies(including digital)

x1 will pass ps4 in USA, and UK.

Farsala said:
Errorist76 said:

Nice cash in?!

They were basically selling both 189,- X1S and 499,- X1X at a loss....not sure if that's what cashing-in actually means...

I agree with the aforementioned statement btw. They should have sold it at 400,- no matter the loss, which could have made all the difference. Now Sony has essentially a 300-150,- price advantage for an already more attractive console. It's only gonna get worse if they don't cut price soon, which they probably will...angering early buyers just like they did at the X1 launch back then.

Nah I said cash in their pocket, since they kept the price so high they get more revenues from it. And of course hardcore launch buyers will pay more so it was smart of them to keep the price high. Of course they will cut the price in a timely manner, just like Sony did with the Pro, but MS has more room to cut since it is already so high.

Microsoft kept stating that they’re essentially selling X1X at a loss. We can safely assume an 189,- X1S was also sold at a loss. Revenue is only secondary if no profit comes from it. No cash in their pockets at all.