By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Game Awards 2017 winners

ThisGuyFooks said:
Cant complain about the show, i actually liked it and the winners cant be refuted.

The only thing that is bothering me is PUBG being nominated for GOTY.

Now, that IS a joke.

The fact that a Beta game can be nominated for the most important award is just...silly.

Whats next? Star Citizen or something?

If that were a thing, we'd have already seen a plethora of ea games being a part of GOTY awards. PuB only got in because it sold a lot and is immensely popular.

Besides, even when SC finishes, I don't expect it to win anything against the exclusives from other systems. It was decided long ago that it will be garbage. 

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Around the Network
Azuren said:
irstupid said:

Forza 7 won best racing game. The opening post is incorrect. 

XCOM vs Rabbids. Well from what I've heard, people didn't think the most recent XCOM was the best in the franchise or anything, but as for Rabbids, for an XCOM fan I could this as a breath of fresh air. Or not just XCOM, any game similar to that. Think Valkyrie Chronicles. When that came out it was greatly praised. Was it better than XCOM or Fire Emblem? Not gonna go into that, just going to point out its new. A niche genre like that is nice to get a new IP to come along. (yes Mario and Rabbids are not new IP, but you know what I mean)

Wolfenstein 2. My only complaint with Action award is that I can't for the life of me see a FPS as an action game. 

Then they chose the wrong game.

I don't have a dog in that fight, I just found it obscene that Rabbids beat XCOM.

My only complaint is that NioH and NieR Automata both released this year, so a throwback to when FPS was exclusively about shooting demons or Nazis shouldn't have won by any stretch of the imagination.

I played XCom 2 and Mario vs Rabbids.

Xcom2 with time limit it`s sucks hards. The amplitude of strategy is narrowed. Other side, Mario vs Rabbids have new brings new mechanics for the genre.