By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Official: Playstation Experience 2017

I already expected that PSX 2017 will be lowkey. My biggest gripe from this PSX are?
No new gameplay from God of war?
New gameplay from Spiderman?
New footage from SotC?
New footage from Death Stranding?
and best of all no concrete release date from your 1st party games?
I think it's evident Shawn is pissed when he was interviewed after the opening show.

Around the Network
bananaking21 said:
bubblegamer said:
What is everyone talking about, i almost had a heart attack (thought i missed it). The real show has not started yet and will in a bit more than 5 hours. Or am i missing something here!?

Lol dude. The show is done. 

Sorry no, it’s not...only the introduction. The interesting stuff happen in 4,5 hours. The schedule can be found in the OP btw.

Last edited by Errorist76 - on 09 December 2017

NoCtiS_NoX said:
I already expected that PSX 2017 will be lowkey. My biggest gripe from this PSX are?
New footage from SotC?
I think it's evident Shawn is pissed when he was interviewed after the opening show.

Sony never shows too much of their soon releasing franchises at PSX. No need to, the hype is already there. PSX always was more of a community event. A few years ago they showed mostly indies. Last year was an exception, this year they had a huge Paris show instead.

There was a new, 8 minute Death Stranding trailer, right?! They also addressed the release date issue during the show. 

There will be many hours of content for other, more interesting and less covered games and VR starting in 4.5 hours.

Errorist76 said:
NoCtiS_NoX said:
New footage from SotC?

Sony never shows too much of their soon releasing franchises at PSX. No need to, the hype is already there. PSX always was more of a community event. A few years ago they showed mostly indies. Last year was an exception, this year they had a huge Paris show instead.

There was a new, 8 minute Death Stranding trailer, right?! They also addressed the release date issue during the show. 

There will be many hours of content for other, more interesting and less covered games and VR starting in 4.5 hours.

I am happy with the show overall because I kept my expectations in check but it's still open for criticisms. 
I criticize them for not giving us more info. as you have mentioned a community event  for me as a part of a community any new updates will help but they didn't. 

Release date are vital information. For me as a consumer with a tight budget would love to know the release date so I can budget my money. 2018 is just less than a month away and we still don't have a concrete release dates for GOW, Detroit, Dreams. With Spider man that's understandable because it could be release in fall IMO and E3 is the perfect place for that but for GOW and Detroit that is not acceptable because they will be released in early 2018. 

As for Death Stranding it's kinda redundant they showed the same footage they showed in VGA. 

NoCtiS_NoX said:
Errorist76 said:

I am happy with the show overall because I kept my expectations in check but it's still open for criticisms. 
I criticize them for not giving us more info. as you have mentioned a community event  for me as a part of a community any new updates will help but they didn't. 

Release date are vital information. For me as a consumer with a tight budget would love to know the release date so I can budget my money. 2018 is just less than a month away and we still don't have a concrete release dates for GOW, Detroit, Dreams. With Spider man that's understandable because it could be release in fall IMO and E3 is the perfect place for that but for GOW and Detroit that is not acceptable because they will be released in early 2018. 

As for Death Stranding it's kinda redundant they showed the same footage they showed in VGA. 

Not everybody has watched the VGAs.

Dreams and Detroit have both been confirmed for Spring.

Around the Network

I remember beginning of this year, we were all speculating over how much content Sony was sitting on based on what was being shown at which shows, as well as the sheer number of shows this year. Feels like there was a deliberate decision to allocate more hype towards PGW than PSX....considering PGW happens before the biggest holiday sales for the year, it makes quite a bit of sense.

Still feels like a letdown (and very long, ended up passing out while Shu was being interviewed and slept through Concrete Genie). As a PS fan I felt it was worth watching, both to see House relaxed and less formal, as well as Shawn continuously griping about how the stage looked like an Ikea showroom.

It was exactly what I expected and what was advertised so I wasn't disappointed. I quite liked it. People need to understand that PSX is an event tailored more towards those who actually go to the event. These people will play and experience the games we're all looking forward to and come away feeling their money was well spent.

Anyone else constantly getting 'bad gateway'? I keep having to re-enter threads in order to get there.

The PS5 Exists. 

GribbleGrunger said:
It was exactly what I expected and what was advertised so I wasn't disappointed. I quite liked it. People need to understand that PSX is an event tailored more towards those who actually go to the event. These people will play and experience the games we're all looking forward to and come away feeling their money was well spent.

Anyone else constantly getting 'bad gateway'? I keep having to re-enter threads in order to get there.

yeah, having the same problems since last night!

Something’s wrong. We should report it to the mods.

twintail said:
GribbleGrunger said:

Im sorry, but no

Going to the event is not just to 'play and experience the games': going to the event is also being able to be part of the showcase presentation, if possible. And the reality is that even though Sony did downplay it, it wasn't even that good. You cant cover up the lackluster showing with the fact that they get to attend this convention. That doesnt cut it. PSX has always been 2 parts, and this year the first part was not good.

That said there is nothing wrong with the format: getting devs up on stage and talking and mingling is good. Its relaxing and seems more personal. But the pacing sucks. How some games were handled just sucked: the first VR exclusive comes to mind. That game should have gotten a proper reveal trailer and everything but it was just 'oh we have this new game, you can see some footage' and that was it.

Most fans realise that Sony cant be dropping bombs all the time but that doesnt mean you cant make for an exciting showcase event. Dropping trailers inbetween the devs coming out to talk would have built up the pace better, and contributed to a more exciting showing. Actually announcing these games would have create some brevity to proceedings. Its not that hard: pretty easy planning would have turned this from what it was to something acceptable.

lets take a look at other things. Hermun was up for what? To talk about how long it took for Horizon to make? ok... Cory came on for what? To joke that he only has used up 4-5 years, and to do a quick talk over of the GoW trailer from PGW? Like seriously? He mentions the are doing final playtesting, and that the game is coming in at about 25 hours, and you are telling me that his team couldnt just record some non-story section of gameplay to show off? That would have gone a long way to bettering that section. Likewise for Dreams... I mean this game is about creation and they just showed some footage that PS Access already showed off. Like talk about the game showing off creations ppl in their office made, and at least give us something new. Detroit was just the first demo again... ok at least that was exciting, it was gripping enough but still it was stuff we had seen before.  And then you have Firewall having a fumbled announcement. Patapon 2 not even being mentioned. Lost Soul Aside not even having its gameplay shown off???

I mean look... I enjoyed it for what it was worth but that doesnt make it good. And fixes to this would have been incredibly easy to do:

- show off new footage for games (GoW and Dreams would have been pretty easy to do)

- Take all the trailers and divide them evenly between dev introductions. 

-Actually have all the trailers in the showcase if game announcements were going to be on the thin side .

And done. Showcase unquestionably better, even without the need for big showings.

Also can i just say how weird it was they had 2 seats empty.... did Shu and Gio just drop out last minute? 

Again...I agree the show was kinda lacklustre.still, this was just the opening presentation. Lots of new footage for Dreams, Ghost Of Tsushima, VR coming up ....did you even read the OP or schedule?! Additionally, like always during PSX, there will be features on the PlayStation Youtube channel. It has long started btw. Right now they’re featuring Guacamelee 2 with an developer interview. The stuff happening at their YouTube channel has consistently been very interesting through all of their shows, especially E3 and PSX.

Last edited by Errorist76 - on 09 December 2017

It's on again by the way.

The PS5 Exists.