By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Opinion: Nintendo Switch will still FAIL

Will the Switch fail just like the WII U?

Yes; without a strong 3rd party support 35 18.52%

No; Switch does not need 3rd party support 84 44.44%

Other 54 28.57%

See Poll Results 16 8.47%

Total:189
Flilix said:
Nem said:

What kind of discussion can there be when 80% of the comments are inflammatory just cause he has a different opinion. Where do you think that conversation is gonna go?

The fact that he didn't even react to the post that asked to define what a failure was, shows that he doesn't even want to properly defend his opinion. And if he's too afraid to argue with people who don't agree with him, he shouldn't have made this thread in the first place.

50 people will attack his comment. He will respond to some of them. Everyone will keep questioning him until he says 1 thing that doesn't quite make sense and they will all say nothing he ever said was valid because of that 1 thing.

He said what he wanted to say.

Around the Network
KLXVER said:
Flilix said:

The fact that he didn't even react to the post that asked to define what a failure was, shows that he doesn't even want to properly defend his opinion. And if he's too afraid to argue with people who don't agree with him, he shouldn't have made this thread in the first place.

50 people will attack his comment. He will respond to some of them. Everyone will keep questioning him until he says 1 thing that doesn't quite make sense and they will all say nothing he ever said was valid because of that 1 thing.

Indeed, he said what he wanted to say. So he only made this thread to create some controversy.

Flilix said:
KLXVER said:

Indeed, he said what he wanted to say. So he only made this thread to create some controversy.

Everything is a controversy on this site...

It's already a success so what can I write, anyway next year will have great titles coming and I am looking forward for that

KLXVER said:
Flilix said:

Everything is a controversy on this site...

...But some things are a bit more controversial than others.

Around the Network

I think it will do around slightly less than GameCube numbers. I wouldn't say it will 'fail'. But the momentum is sure to drop like a brick after the holiday months.

I'm curious, how long did the Wii U keep its sales momentum going?

No, it is not a fad. It's got more hardcore games than any Nintendo console since decades past. Plus, the fact that you can bring it anywhere, play any style is part of why it is so popular. Sales do not lie; the Switch already outsold the original Wii in the same time span, not to mention the production shortages. Stick with facts, not guesses.

gcwy said:
I think it will do around slightly less than GameCube numbers. I wouldn't say it will 'fail'. But the momentum is sure to drop like a brick after the holiday months.

You really need to do some research before commenting on sales.

Wii U momemtum lasted 6 weeks, not months, WEEKS.

Switch is on track to sell more in 10 months than Wii U did in 4 years.

Even if Switch sales next year drop 50%, it will outsell GC lifetime numbers by the end of next year.

Im not trying to be a jerk but this site has alot of great data to look through so please do some research before commenting on anything sales related.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

gcwy said:

2 or 3 weeks before dropping down, during the Christmas season no less! Nothing to compare with the Switch, which is already getting close to the Wii U's total sales numbers. Or those of the Gamecube, which never really got a high momentum in the first place, just a better baseline than the Wii U.

mexicanparrot said:

No, it is not a fad. It's got more hardcore games than any Nintendo console since decades past. Plus, the fact that you can bring it anywhere, play any style is part of why it is so popular. Sales do not lie; the Switch already outsold the original Wii in the same time span, not to mention the production shortages. Stick with facts, not guesses.

Well, I think that the Wii had more hardcore gamers than the Switch does, in the sheer numbers.