By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Opinion: Nintendo Switch will still FAIL

Will the Switch fail just like the WII U?

Yes; without a strong 3rd party support 35 18.52%

No; Switch does not need 3rd party support 84 44.44%

Other 54 28.57%

See Poll Results 16 8.47%

Total:189
DonFerrari said:
In this pool we see the love for 3rd parties that Nintendo gamers have... at least 40% of then don't think Switch will even need them.

That doesn't mean that 40% doesn't want it. 
And they're not exactly wrong. 
Nintendo is not as reliant on 3rd party support as the other 2 are. 
The Switch can just have the usual 1st party titles + the Japanese 3rd party support and it'll be a success. 
Western 3rd Party support, the ones the OP is referring to, is really just a bonus.

Around the Network

Going by my personal definition of failure of 50m units or less it's still very much possible. Though if the PS4 launch year has told me anything it's that crazy early demand is likely to persist.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

I think you have a point in a way... however

Nintendo seems to be positioning the Switch as there next portable as well (thank god) so having Nintendo only having to support 1 system with its first party is ALOT of games that will keep people coming! Hell I haven’t had a Nintendo system since the GameCube (3DS for 2 months to play Pokemon as well) and I’m hyped to get a Switch!

The reason I love PlayStation is the amount of first part support the systems get and you can see real effort, this is the same thing we are seeing with the Switch and the amount of effort and passion Nintendo are putting into the system!

- that wasn’t meant as a dig at Xbox is that upsets anyone, I loved the OGXbox and will get a One probably after this Gen ends. I just wish MS would open more studios

2018 Hit List: Shadow of the Colossus, Detroit, Dreams, Spider-Man, God Of War, Days Gone, Medievil, Tomb Raider 3, RDR2 

DonFerrari said:
In this pool we see the love for 3rd parties that Nintendo gamers have... at least 40% of then don't think Switch will even need them.

"don't need" is not equal to "don't want."

Though, in a sense, I believe that Nintendo alone is not enough to support a successful platform. So, count me in with the 60% that think sensibly on the matter.

I WON A BET AGAINST AZUREN! WOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

:3

AngryLittleAlchemist said:
Acevil said:
First define failure to me.

OP's post

"You should be banned. Youre clearly flaming the president and even his brother who you know nothing about. Dont be such a partisan hack"

Around the Network

Well... there have been announcements that may bring some exciting content to it.

Wether it will plummet on sales or not is something i am curiously waiting to see. But, i do agree in essence that it is still a Nintendo box and 3rd parties can't really bet on it due to power constraints.
With that said, the system does atempt to merge the dwindling Nintendo home market with the much bigger Nintendo portable market.

If they can sucessfully capture that portable market, the i see the Switch doing about 60-70M lifetime. But, i don't think it will rival the PS4.

OK OP, I hear you. There's no problem in thinking that.

I think the PS5 will fail, are you ok with that?

can you imagine how great of an idea it would be to play COD on the go?

There was a CoD for PS Vita and it was bad.

If Nintendo can keep up releasing quality games every year and create new ips + maybe make some exclusive third party games like bayonetta 3.
+Japanese support switch could actually outsell the ps4

My youtube gaming page.

http://www.youtube.com/user/klaudkil

ryuzaki57 said:

Absolutely, OP! As the year comes to an end, we are seeing the first cracks in the Switch "miracle" : rushed ports, handheld mode not keeping up, 3rd party sales not taking off, dubious or carefree publishers, little announcements for next year... If the January Direct doesn't meet (great) expectations, the sales momentum will be broken alongside the fans' dream of reconquista.

What's up mate, Switch success getting to you?. Go on buy one, you know you want to. You are only fooling yourself. It's ok to like another gaming company you know.