By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Australia legalizes same sex marriage

Congratulations, Australia! Still, it's a long way to go. The votation was more divided than I'd love to.

Around the Network

Only makes sense. If you are opposed to same sex couples, it should be a personal opposition and not one that attempts to force others to live in the world as you do. Really simple. Some folks like me don't even believe in marriage but I'm not gonna stop anyone from doing what they want.

Huh, you mean to tell me the US legalized same-sex marriage before Australia? Shocking.

Last edited by NobleTeam360 - on 07 December 2017

Volterra_90 said:
Congratulations, Australia! Still, it's a long way to go. The votation was more divided than I'd love to.

Yer it got pretty ugly too. It was all in your face too. 

Too many hipster kids chanting shit they know nothing about i.e. it isn't fair everyone deserves equality in Australia rather than the right to marry. Last time I checked i am pretty sure our Government treats Aborigines like shit (i.e. just give them land and hope they stay there and not bother educating them) still even though they say they don't. Equality is a long way off in this country. 

Also attacking old people who don't agree. Like really? You can't train an old dog new tricks seems to not be taught these days. The person is like 60+ they will die sooner rather than later let them think what they want to think, life is too short to hate old people lol.

homosexuals have a higher average iq
if you're a homosexual, plz maek babys, please

Around the Network
Cobretti2 said:
Volterra_90 said:

Too many hipster kids chanting shit they know nothing about i.e. it isn't fair everyone deserves equality in Australia rather than the right to marry. Last time I checked i am pretty sure our Government treats Aborigines like shit (i.e. just give them land and hope they stay there and not bother educating them) still even though they say they don't. Equality is a long way off in this country. 

Also attacking old people who don't agree. Like really? You can't train an old dog new tricks seems to not be taught these days. The person is like 60+ they will die sooner rather than later let them think what they want to think, life is too short to hate old people lol.

Aborigines have so many more benefits than regular folks. They’re very privileged. They just choose to squander the opportunities given to them.

fory77 said:
homosexuals have a higher average iq
if you're a homosexual, plz maek babys, please

I’d like numbers on that.

monocle_layton said:
Why do people still disagree with same sex marriage? Should be 100% approval. What, do people still believe the slippery slope argument that this'll lead to pedophilia or beastiality?
Volterra_90 said:

Participation in the postal vote was non-compulsory, and older Australians, who are more likely to vote no, participated more than the young. 

For instance, 72% of 20-34 year olds voted, compared to 90% of 70-74 year olds and 89% of 75-79 year olds.

Lawlight said:
Cobretti2 said:

Aborigines have so many more benefits than regular folks. They’re very privileged. They just choose to squander the opportunities given to them.

Yes the privilege of the stolen generation , the privilege of having lower life expectancy , the privilege of not being able to vote till 1967, there are  a great many more privileges but I don't want people to feel bad that they  missed out on all this largess.

Last edited by mjk45 - on 07 December 2017

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

Lawlight said:
Cobretti2 said:

Benefits are pointless if you can't give people the right tools to get out of a shit hole. They have lived like that for generations, they need more people intervention to help break a cycle.

it is no different to generational dole bludgers i guess.