By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Jikkyou Powerful Pro Baseball 2018 announced as Playstation exclusive

2016 sold shockingly well on Vita. Like 200k iirc and then just kept going beyond that, it really rode the wave of more casual/kid friendly buyers. Wouldn't surprise me if it hit 250k by now which very much puts it in the upper tier of Vita games.

Not expecting this one to do anywhere near as well though.

Around the Network
Kerotan said:

http://www.vgchartz.com/article/270543/jikkyou-powerful-pro-baseball-2018-announced-for-ps4-psv/#comments

The last game sold well on vita so not surprised it was included. Great to hear it will support PSVR though!

The forum thread creation was changed to require a user to pick a thread section before they are able to post it, it no longer defaults to Gaming. You specifically took a thread about entirely Sony exclusive news and deliberately posted it in Gaming to get a reaction. It's pretty obvious, so stop what you're doing.

COKTOE said:
SmashBros01 said:
I heard of this baseball series, has any of the previous game came out in the states?

I didn't think so, but according to Mandalore76, who posted a few spots back, 2 of them have come out in North America, but nothing for the 10 years or so.

Yep:

Apparently there was a 2010 mobile game as well:

You take something of ours.... I take something of yours.

Reggie!

Get Kevin Butler on the phone

Now I remember that baseball series, it was named differently in the states. Always wanted to try out that baseball series, thanks for letting me know. I might try and find a cheap copy of that game to try it out.

Around the Network
SmashBros01 said:

Now I remember that baseball series, it was named differently in the states. Always wanted to try out that baseball series, thanks for letting me know. I might try and find a cheap copy of that game to try it out.

You're welcome.  I had the first one on Wii, which is why I remember it.  It was actually a lot of fun, so I do recommend it.  You could create your own player and run through a story mode to build up your stats before putting yourself onto a team in the majors.  You could also do a fantasy draft and trades.  So even though some might dismiss it based off of graphics alone, it was by no means a barebones arcade baseball type game like RBI Baseball.  Every thing MLB Power Pros set out to do, it did well in my opinion.

RavenXtra said:
Kerotan said:

http://www.vgchartz.com/article/270543/jikkyou-powerful-pro-baseball-2018-announced-for-ps4-psv/#comments

The last game sold well on vita so not surprised it was included. Great to hear it will support PSVR though!

The forum thread creation was changed to require a user to pick a thread section before they are able to post it, it no longer defaults to Gaming. You specifically took a thread about entirely Sony exclusive news and deliberately posted it in Gaming to get a reaction. It's pretty obvious, so stop what you're doing.

No I didn't deliberately do it. I was in a hurry and made it in a rush. But yeah I guess I was looking for a reaction...

Nautilus said:
SnakeDrake said:

Yeah cause saying "exclusively for PlayStation platforms" would save a mouthful.

Better than saying exclusive and then listing 3 different platforms.

This is all on you for not understanding accepted terms used within the community. Yes, by definition, exclusive would imply only one console has it but for almost two decades, people have used that term online to imply that it wasn't on rivals systems. In this case, that would be Switch and Xbox One. 

Kresnik said:
2016 sold shockingly well on Vita. Like 200k iirc and then just kept going beyond that, it really rode the wave of more casual/kid friendly buyers. Wouldn't surprise me if it hit 250k by now which very much puts it in the upper tier of Vita games.

Not expecting this one to do anywhere near as well though.

Yep. up to Jan 1 2017

030./000. [PSV] Jikkyou Powerful Pro Baseball 2016 <SPT> (Konami) {2016.04.28} (¥6.980) - 198.006 / NEW (84.973 <80,65%>)

And at least 22k digital.

Although it might not sell much, it will probably be the top Vita game for 2018. at 200k this one was already 3rd place for the year.