Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Retro Studios Job Listing

What does it mean!?

They are working on two games at once 7 33.33%

They are that far behind... 4 19.05%

1st game is almost done! 6 28.57%

Federation Force 2 confirmed 1 4.76%

Someone raged quit Leroy Jenkins style 3 14.29%

Total:21

I think we'll see Retro's new game in the 2nd half of 2018, with this hiring be for the new project or additional support pre-release

Around the Network
AngryLittleAlchemist said:
Retro studios is the new Metroid. We'll go five years without a game and be like "Retro Studios needs a reboot"

I'd rather have quality over quantity. Especially with (it looks like) Nintendo consolidating their console game lineup into one system, it should be easier for studios to take longer to make better games now. Honestly, I have a massive backlog of games on Switch already, not including the few I have left to beat on Wii U and 3ds. Times are good for Nintendo fans!

BasilZero said: 

A Donkey Kong Odyssey would be glorious.

Donkey Kong Odessey is exactly what I'm holding out for.

They bloody better be done quick with their next project, I don't think we've often heard absolutely *nothing* from any major active studio for such a long time.

Bet with PeH: 

I win if Arms sells over 700 000 units worldwide by the end of 2017.

Bet with WagnerPaiva:

I win if Emmanuel Macron wins the french presidential election May 7th 2017.

No more Donkey Kong anything, please.NEW IP I hope. Not a platformer. I don't expect it but I hope for a Ravenblade revival. I do have a suspicion they are working on something related to Eternal Darkness. Nintendo owns the IP and last year renewed the TM. You may think but no Dennis. Well, Nintendo is making MP4 without Retro. Nintendo has shown they will make sequels to games with a different studio.

Around the Network
Dulfite said:
Platina said:
They had a listing not to long ago as well, really interested to see what they have been up to for the past few years

What was that listing for again?

I think it was for animation but I don't remember :p

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Companies hiring is always good.

delete this comment... lol

SecondWar said:
BasilZero said: 

A Donkey Kong Odyssey would be glorious.

Donkey Kong Odessey is exactly what I'm holding out for.

SegataSanshiro said:
No more Donkey Kong anything, please.NEW IP I hope. Not a platformer. I don't expect it but I hope for a Ravenblade revival. I do have a suspicion they are working on something related to Eternal Darkness. Nintendo owns the IP and last year renewed the TM. You may think but no Dennis. Well, Nintendo is making MP4 without Retro. Nintendo has shown they will make sequels to games with a different studio.

Hmm, they don't really have a pattern for Retro. In the past, they have stuck them on franchise(s) that sold ok, and more recently on DKCR which sold better, so I'm not really sure if they will stick them on a hardcore market like Eternal Darkness or if they will want them to make something more sellable.

Even looking at those sales is kind of striking with the direction Nintendo may make Retro go; Family friendly clearly wins out in the sales competition with them:

1 Metroid Prime GC 2002 Shooter Nintendo 1.96 0.67 0.10 0.09 2.82
2 Metroid Prime 3: Corruption Wii 2007 Shooter Nintendo 0.89 0.74 0.07 0.09 1.79
3 Metroid Prime 2: Echoes GC 2004 Shooter Nintendo 0.87 0.35 0.07 0.04 1.33
5 Metroid Prime: Trilogy Wii 2009 Shooter Nintendo 0.42 0.05 0.00 0.14 0.61
1 Donkey Kong Country Returns Wii 2010 Platform Nintendo 3.19 1.81 1.03 0.47 6.50
2 Donkey Kong Country Returns 3DS 2013 Platform Nintendo 0.78 0.67 0.42 0.13 2.00
1 Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze WiiU 2014 Platform Nintendo 0.74 0.65 0.16 0.13 1.68
1 Mario Kart 7 3DS 2011 Racing Nintendo 5.51 4.69 2.87 1.00 14.07

These are all the games Retro has ever developed for. As you can see, the family friendly games destroy the "hardcore" Metroid in sales, with an average of 3.39 million per game (not including MK7 since they co developed), and Metroid prime games averaging 1.63 million. And I believe it was already confirmed another studio is working on MP4, so this may be the strongest evidence telling us whatever Retro is working on is more appealing to the masses than the hardcore. But then again, I could be wrong, as the Switch is absolutely dominating because it is appealing to the hardcore fans right now.