By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Ending of Games #2 - Final Fantasy X

Tagged games:

I never had any problems with the ending. I think it was a great way to go out. The last scene with Tidus also never bothered me because it left things open to interpretation. The game didn't tell you what it meant, which let everyone see it as they wanted to.

Around the Network
EricFabian said:
Landale_Star said:
The ending was ok, I can barely remember it though since I last completed the game in 2002. It is worth saying that the ending didn't bring Tidus back, it reunited him with his father in some sort of afterlife. It was FFX-2 that decided (in it's secret ending) that Tidus come back to Spira.

well, I just finished the remaster version and the video is from it, but Tidus retuns in the last scene. Just watch it.

Oh that scene, yeah that was in the original game too. Still I always thought it was a bit ambiguous, Final Fantasy games did this from time to time (Aeris awakening at the end of FF7 for example) and Hironobu Sakaguchi said in an interview around the launch of FFX that his intention is to leave open the final outcome of the world or characters. He prefered to hint at something and let players make up their own mind, that is also why he never wanted sequels to any of the games. Tidus swimming in the ending will make some people think he's returning while others will decide it just him in his new afterlife, I think the lack of music and the sound at the end makes it seem a little otherworldly. I remember people had all kinds of interpretations when the game was new, one idea was that showing Tidus was to link back to Yuna's "never forget them" speech and showing him at the end was to reinforce that. Admittedly more people will probably see it as a sign he comes back to life.

Still for a while it got people thinking about what it meant, that was gone when FFX-2 arrived. Though I do enjoy that game too.

I thought it was great. Him waking up in the water to me is basically waking up to be another dream and to save another world. It doesn't necessarily have to be Spira.

And even if it is Spira, then it symbolizes that you can just replay the game again, which I did multiple times.

I came into 10 expecting to hate it, ended up obsessed with it, and it had probably the first game ending to get me seriously choked up. (And then Kingdom Hearts came along, and I just figured all Square games from here on out would end in sadness.) Even just thinking about the final sequence with Yuna practicing to hold her breathe underwater elicits a sigh from me.

Great ending. Good games make you feel more than just challenged or engaged, and 10 definitely achieved that.

Honestly FFX ending was perfect imo, really love the game;

Honestly it is just that later canon ruins the franchise for me. (all the stuff after FFX-2 basically)

The elderly being angry that their religion is finished, Wakka being annoyed and frustrated because he aswell miss the old 'religion days' so Yuna technically brings Sin back' what's the point of FFX story.. Then she get annoyed with Tidus because he came back but two years has passed so she is more mature than him so the relation is not working out that well etc.

Worst part is that I was looking forward to FFX-3. When Yuna says 'next time it is your story Rikku' I really could not wait.

Around the Network

I loved really the story of ffx, was one of the best i played, but what i missed a little is that it was the first final fantasy where you couldn't explore the overworld map...

I really enjoyed this game. I wish I could buy the remastered version, but in my country it isn't available yet.

I absolutely LOVE the sphere grid system, it was SO much fun. I can't believe how some people dislike it, yet tolerate the very annoying and mediocre quickening system of FFXII. I just can't play those games, FFX was the last good one.

I really loved the story and characters to FFX as a whole. It was probably my favorite thing about the game. Having said that, I found the ending to be disappointing. I didn't like that Tidus was a dream, because I felt they had pulled a very similar plot twist with Auron. It was very cool when they did it with Auron being a ghost. However, I feel that is the kind of twist you shouldn't be allowed to pull more than once in the same story. When they did something similar with Tidus it felt unoriginal.

I love the ending and Yuna's speech made it so much more effective.

The_Liquid_Laser said:
I really loved the story and characters to FFX as a whole. It was probably my favorite thing about the game. Having said that, I found the ending to be disappointing. I didn't like that Tidus was a dream, because I felt they had pulled a very similar plot twist with Auron. It was very cool when they did it with Auron being a ghost. However, I feel that is the kind of twist you shouldn't be allowed to pull more than once in the same story. When they did something similar with Tidus it felt unoriginal.

It isn't similar man.

The full zanarkadian is a dream/summon, Tidus and his father only happen to be from there (perhaps even more previous guardians of the summoner), while there were some red hearings about Auron being a dead person.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."