By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Amazon U.S. December bestsellers and general Amazon-based discussion

gtjay1982 said:
KLAMarine said:

Is it? The bundle seems to be doing well but that's sort of like giving the game away rather than selling the game itself. The X1 SW BF2 is looking pretty low on the chart and naturally, the PS4 version even lower.

These charts mean close to nothing for software.  Mario is the best selling game of the year on Amazon and has been in the top 3 hourly pretty much since it launched but according to NPD it isn't even one of the top 10 bestselling games of the year and was ranked 6th in November.  

Be that as it may, my current understanding is BF2 did not do well in November.

Around the Network
tbone51 said:
SWORDF1SH said:

Did you just reply to yourself? 

What makes you think that....... He didnt reply so i did it for him :O

It's a rhetorical question. I thought you might of got confused and thought you were using your alt account or something 😜

gtjay1982 said:
KLAMarine said:

Is it? The bundle seems to be doing well but that's sort of like giving the game away rather than selling the game itself. The X1 SW BF2 is looking pretty low on the chart and naturally, the PS4 version even lower.

These charts mean close to nothing for software.  Mario is the best selling game of the year on Amazon and has been in the top 3 hourly pretty much since it launched but according to NPD it isn't even one of the top 10 bestselling games of the year and was ranked 6th in November.  

Amazon tracks single SKUs while NPD tracks sales across platforms, revenue (not sales) and digital (except for Nintendo). 

"The strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must" - Thoukydides

gtjay1982 said:
KLAMarine said:

Amazon has nothing to do with digital sales which npd adds that to most of the games excluding nintendo games. And multiplats are the combine of skus (which many games have multiple of)

KLAMarine said:
JRPGfan said:
Its StarWars... even with the bad hype the game got, its pulling in numbers in sales.

In the NPD for November it was the 2nd highest selling game of the month.

And now that its bundled its gonna sell bonkers through that.... even if the game itself is at like #60-70 ish, in the hourlies.

gtjay1982 said:
KLAMarine said:

^ this.

Amazon isnt always the full picture.

KLAMarine said:
gtjay1982 said:

Be that as it may, my current understanding is BF2 did not do well in November.

I thought it was the 2nd game for the month? I ll go lookup the thread for it.

*edit:

Here it is ;  https://www.resetera.com/threads/npd-november-2017-call-of-duty-ww2-1-sw-ps4-1-hw.11227/

Software Rankings
Overall

1. Call of Duty: WWII
  2. Star Wars: Battlefront II
  3. Assassin’s Creed: Origins
  4. NBA 2K18
  5. Madden NFL 18
  6. Super Mario Odyssey*
  7. FIFA 18
  8. Need for Speed: Payback
  9. Destiny 2**

Last edited by JRPGfan - on 17 December 2017

Around the Network

19 hours since last update.

HARDWARE:
#03 PS4 Star Wars (same)
#06 NS Grey (same)
#10 NS Neon (same)
#29 PS4 Pro (up 1)
#31 SNES Classic (down 2)
#35 XB1X (up 2)
#38 XB1 Forza (up 24)
#44 N2DSXL T+B (same)
#55 PS4 Fool's Edition (down 16)
#78 XB1 (down 2)

SOFTWARE (Pre-orders Only)**:
Nothing at the moment

Does not affect this month: *
Software outside of the month only gets added if it's in the top 20: **

PS4: 3 in the top 100 / 2 in the top 50 / 1 in the top 20 / 1 in the top 10 / 1 in the top 5
XB1: 3 in the top 100 / 2 in the top 50 / 0 in the top 20 / 0 in the top 10 / 0 in the top 5
NIS:  2 in the top 100 / 2 in the top 50 / 2 in the top 20 / 2 in the top 10 / 0 in the top 5

tbone51 said:
tbone51 said:

Who is this even referring too?

Must be referring to nintendo fans im guessing? Just let him be!

Yes, of course, it must be Nintendo fans ... right? Let's ignore that I have said this for God Damn years and most of the time it's Playstation fans with the occasional XB1 fan. Now that Nintendo fans are doing it too ... 'It MUST be Nintendo fans'. 

The PS5 Exists. 

GribbleGrunger said:
tbone51 said:

Must be referring to nintendo fans im guessing? Just let him be!

Yes, of course, it must be Nintendo fans ... right? Let's ignore that I have said this for God Damn years and most of the time it's Playstation fans with the occasional XB1 fan. Now that Nintendo fans are doing it too ... 'It MUST be Nintendo fans'. 

It must be nintendo fans for sure, i mean you posted this as soon as ps4 shot up right? Your making it seem like many were claiming switch is gonna win. All ive been seeing is same arguments here and some nintendo is at the top of the charts posts. Havent seen anything guarateed posts which seems like what you were implying.

Next time post and explain yourself better

tbone51 said:

It must be nintendo fans for sure, i mean you posted this as soon as ps4 shot up right? Your making it seem like many were claiming switch is gonna win. All ive been seeing is same arguments here and some nintendo is at the top of the charts posts. Havent seen anything guarateed posts which seems like what you were implying.

I don't have to explain myself to you. It's a post to the people who have always supported this thread, during my two years of keeping it updated every 4 - 5 hours and beyond. People like you have ruined the good humoured banter we used to have here. I've even pulled MYSELF up in the past for calling it too early. You're taking my comments too seriously and putting meaning in them that isn't there. 

The PS5 Exists. 

GribbleGrunger said:
tbone51 said:

I don't have to explain myself to you. It's a post to the people who have always supported this thread, during my two years of keeping it updated every 4 - 5 hours and beyond. People like you have ruined the good humoured banter we used to have here. 

"People like you" wth? This again sounds like nintendo fans? (I could be wrong but again you explain things so vague)

Also good humor... Was this http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8663855 suppose to be funny? 

Anyways "people like us" will keep posting and we all could have good discussion. No need to get all GRIBBLE whenever you want to scream your "i told you so" post