By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Monolith Soft president wants to play Xenoblade Chronicles X on Switch

You say that, but X sold as much as the original on the Wii, so i don't think it would find a new audience on the switch.

What it will find is it's main audience, so a sequal or an expanded port would be ideal. Direct port i'm not sure will do so well.

Around the Network
OTBWY said:
NATO said:
I'd double dip on xcx for switch, miles better than 2

Miles? From what I hear 2 actually has a complete story with actual good developed characters.

Theres the bashing again.

The characters in Xenoblade X weren't underdeveloped. Their stories were just "hidden" after alot of gameplay on the affinity missions. 

Also, the plot is pretty good and the story does have a satisfying end. It's just they decided to make a silly post credit scene that ruined that and opened things up. But if Monolith is to be believed, X is a different series and it's characters can return for the next installment, so it would be more like a Xenosaga episode. It would make sense if it was like that, to make it different from the main XC series.

I dunno why people are feeling defensive and need to bash one or the other. They are both good.

Xenoblade X could be a good title for Feb 2019.

The Democratic Nintendo fan....is that a paradox? I'm fond of one of the more conservative companies in the industry, but I vote Liberally and view myself that way 90% of the time?

I'd prefer an HD re-release of Xenoblade 1.

I could not get into the aimless direction of X and its impossibly tiny text.

Nem said:
OTBWY said:

Miles? From what I hear 2 actually has a complete story with actual good developed characters.

The characters in Xenoblade X weren't underdeveloped. Their stories were just "hidden" after alot of gameplay on the affinity missions. 

Also, the plot is pretty good and the story does have a satisfying end. It's just they decided to make a silly post credit scene that ruined that and opened things up. But if Monolith is to be believed, X is a different series and it's characters can return for the next installment, so it would be more like a Xenosaga episode. It would make sense if it was like that, to make it different from the main XC series.

I dunno why people are feeling defensive and need to bash one or the other. They are both good.

I never said Xenoblade X was a bad game. I have 422 hours in that game. I got the best Skell on all party members, all maxed out, all 5 hearts. I pretty much know every corner of the game and then some. I fucking love the game.

Having said that: The story was dissapointing. And I'm going full spoiler: The story was underdeveloped. What do I mean by that? The plot basically goes like this, humanity is dead, here's our city we have to defend it but we also have to find these fragments of the lifehold because we are all robots, find lifehold, fight bad guy, find lifehold, fight bad guy, find lifehold, fight badguy, actually find the lifehold, fight big badguy. Lifehold is dead, but we are still alive. It's.. It's this planet!! The End.

It just ends like that and nothing really happens after that.

The characters are, well, not developed at all. Most of them are one dimensional, and never really change. Elma has the personality of a wet carrot, Lin is annoying, Vandham is angry grandpa, the only character I really cared about and who I actually sympathized with was Lao. The main character being a make-it-yourself silent protagonist who is basically a spectator in/of the story was a big mistake. They should have had a set character like Shulk who you follow through the story and empathize with.

To end my rant on a good note, I still love Xenoblade X. The world is mindblowingly awesome. The skells, I find as a mech geek, are awesome. New LA is awesome. I (even the rap) adore the soundtrack. I just didn't like certain choices they made with the story and the characters.

Around the Network
OTBWY said:
Nem said:

I never said Xenoblade X was a bad game. I have 422 hours in that game. I got the best Skell on all party members, all maxed out, all 5 hearts. I pretty much know every corner of the game and then some. I fucking love the game.

Having said that: The story was dissapointing. And I'm going full spoiler: The story was underdeveloped. What do I mean by that? The plot basically goes like this, humanity is dead, here's our city we have to defend it but we also have to find these fragments of the lifehold because we are all robots, find lifehold, fight bad guy, find lifehold, fight bad guy, find lifehold, fight badguy, actually find the lifehold, fight big badguy. Lifehold is dead, but we are still alive. It's.. It's this planet!! The End.

It just ends like that and nothing really happens after that.

The characters are, well, not developed at all. Most of them are one dimensional, and never really change. Elma has the personality of a wet carrot, Lin is annoying, Vandham is angry grandpa, the only character I really cared about and who I actually sympathized with was Lao. The main character being a make-it-yourself silent protagonist who is basically a spectator in/of the story was a big mistake. They should have had a set character like Shulk who you follow through the story and empathize with.

To end my rant on a good note, I still love Xenoblade X. The world is mindblowingly awesome. The skells, I find as a mech geek, are awesome. New LA is awesome. I (even the rap) adore the soundtrack. I just didn't like certain choices they made with the story and the characters.

That is pretty much what i think aswell. But, i don't think the characters on XC were that much different. Specific main character does help and it was missing. Still, it is an open world game, and that is why the story suffers. It's basically a trade-off. The XB series focuses more on story and X focusese more on gameplay and exploration. I just love them both, though i like the style of Xenogears that X is based off a bit more.

So you mean I would have to buy it twice?

Deal. Done. Just do it!

It would be cool if X and Chronicles became like different parallel series. Every two years one X game and one Chronicles game. I think they would have to do a little bit more to make them different but it would be cool.

X is one of the only games I'd be find with getting a straight port

Absolutely, port it. It's a real crime that games like Baten Kaitos were never playable on future consoles and I hope that it doesn't become that way with X. Xenoblade Chronicles X is an amazing game graphically given the hardware it was developed on but it will never be appreciated because of the Wii U's limitations. If it goes on the Switch, Monolith should be able to easily get that game to run in handheld mode without any sacrifices and it will look amazing for a handheld.

I didn't think others would feel the same, but it's looking like that may not be the case in this thread. I wonder how many people would want X on the Switch in general.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread