Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Xenoblade 2 thoughts (no spoilers)

AngryLittleAlchemist said:

 

First paragraph, you can actually disengage from targeting with R+B

Third paragraph, the visuals do get clean, I think it's because it has dynamic resolution(not sure on this one) cause when the cutscenes happens, sometimes it's really beautiful then sometimes a bit blurry.

Fourth paragraph, I think you needed those little tutorial since you never knew that you can disengage a battle or from targeting and they don't even take 1 minute.

The tiger is freaking chill, I like him and the design.

The lip sync is for the Japanese voice they got lazy on the English side I guess.

No comment on the neutral point and beyond and some of your concerns as it looks like it's your opinion.



             

Nintendo Switch FC: SW-6340-7643-4233 aka Renji

Steam: Lee Roid

Around the Network

There's a Japanese language pack available on the e-shop. I keep switching between the two, but I think I prefer the english language version a bit more so far. 

I'm about 8 hours in so far, and I love the combat. I've gotten 3 rare blades so far, but I like how each blade has a role. The story so far is pretty good, doesn't seem near as heavy as XBC1 or XBX, which I like. I love the new style, and it makes the characters far more expressive. I'm noticing LOTS of big dips in the framerate, I'm not sure if it's just me, as other people are dismissing it as minor. Can't wait to get back into this once I'm not super sick. 



I'm the result of someone exclusively playing Final Fantasy XI from the PS2 release till 2010, and only stopping for small bouts of catch up. 

3DS Friend Code: Tate - Uh.. stuff happened... I need to get a new 3DS 

Switch FC: SW-3272-7705-6029

If you add me, please let me know so I can add you back. =D

FFXI Character: Formally Tatewaki of Cerberus, Now Arngrim Of Sylph.  Retired forever. ; ;

FFXIV Character: Tate Raken of Hyperion

All time favorite game: Chrono Trigger. 

All time favorite Manga: One piece... Followed by Ranma 1/2. 

I'm about 7 hours into the game and HOLY MOLEY does this game have a ton of systems. Let's see there's...

Bonus XP (Used at Inns)

Regular XP

Weapon XP

Special XP

Arts for your Blades

Passives for your Blades

Field Skills for your Blades

Arts for your Drivers

Passives for your Drivers

Equipment for your Blades

Equipment for your Drivers

Temporary Food Buffs for each character

Prefered food/items for gaining affinity with each character

Gather points

Diving points

Weapon Upgrades

At least 30 different Blades

An element type for each Blade

A unique robot Blade that you upgrade like a custom PC

A special arcade game that you play to unlock robot upgrade parts

Canceled Attacks

Break, Topple, Launch, Smash combos (I haven't figured this out yet)

Element combos (this either)

Regular tutorials

Shopkeeper buyable tutorials

Town upgrades

Buyable shops

A huge and ridiculously detailed fast travel system

This is the most complicated game I've played since freakin MorrowWind. It's like they tried their damnedest to cover everything with a unique system of some sort. I'm lost as hell right now, but loving it.



The sentence below is false. 
The sentence above is true. 

 

Like 25 hours of play time or so and I have just one huge complaint

The freaking map. Why is there not some freaking map I can pop up and see. I hate how you have to pop open the fast travel and then just scroll through fast travel points to see the map.

Then typical RPG complaint. Just got my 4th party member and I hate not being able to use all my characters at once. I hate having to choose and leaving someone out.

Otherwise no real complaints. Feels very similar to Xenoblade Chronicles 1. Like the first giant Titan is like one big tutorial/prologue. It's also the typical Xenoblade first word boring big green classic earth look. Then when you get ot next part you got your OMG this world is magnificant and MoniliftSoft did it again. I tried to avoid many videos, so I got to appreciate it good, but the place I'm talking about is that purple place with like lvl 22sih monsters that they started showing a lot of in gameplays.



Cerebralbore101 said:

I'm about 7 hours into the game and HOLY MOLEY does this game have a ton of systems. Let's see there's...

Bonus XP (Used at Inns)

Regular XP

Weapon XP

Special XP

Arts for your Blades

Passives for your Blades

Field Skills for your Blades

Arts for your Drivers

Passives for your Drivers

Equipment for your Blades

Equipment for your Drivers

Temporary Food Buffs for each character

Prefered food/items for gaining affinity with each character

Gather points

Diving points

Weapon Upgrades

At least 30 different Blades

An element type for each Blade

A unique robot Blade that you upgrade like a custom PC

A special arcade game that you play to unlock robot upgrade parts

Canceled Attacks

Break, Topple, Launch, Smash combos (I haven't figured this out yet)

Element combos (this either)

Regular tutorials

Shopkeeper buyable tutorials

Town upgrades

Buyable shops

A huge and ridiculously detailed fast travel system

This is the most complicated game I've played since freakin MorrowWind. It's like they tried their damnedest to cover everything with a unique system of some sort. I'm lost as hell right now, but loving it.

I usually ignore fast travel, but when using a few times. Mostly when fall off titan and don't feel like swiming. It's pretty fast. I was worried it would be like a 30 second load. It's not. Still hate the fast travel system though. Not the fast travele system itself, but the fact that it replaces the map and it doesn't show the whole map but splits the world up. 

Yea it's complicated. Heck I just figured out how the Driver combos work like 20 hours in. Not the break/topple/ect thing, knew that from prior games. But the one where you do a special and it pops up a little tree in the upper right hand corner. Could never figure out how that was not working for me for the longest time. I would do a water based attack and then see I need either water or stone for next so I would. Ect. Nothing ever seems to be happening. Turns out the next step in the tree has to be at least a lvl 2 special, and the final has to be at least a lvl 3 special. Oh and there are little orbs that spin around the non player controlled characters specials indicating what lvl they can do. And man once you figure those out you do wallops of damage finishing them. 

So many things though in this game that one can miss of go to fast through a tutorial and have to figure it out on your own. 



Around the Network
irstupid said: I usually ignore fast travel, but when using a few times. Mostly when fall off titan and don't feel like swiming. It's pretty fast. I was worried it would be like a 30 second load. It's not. Still hate the fast travel system though. Not the fast travele system itself, but the fact that it replaces the map and it doesn't show the whole map but splits the world up. 

Yea it's complicated. Heck I just figured out how the Driver combos work like 20 hours in. Not the break/topple/ect thing, knew that from prior games. But the one where you do a special and it pops up a little tree in the upper right hand corner. Could never figure out how that was not working for me for the longest time. I would do a water based attack and then see I need either water or stone for next so I would. Ect. Nothing ever seems to be happening. Turns out the next step in the tree has to be at least a lvl 2 special, and the final has to be at least a lvl 3 special. Oh and there are little orbs that spin around the non player controlled characters specials indicating what lvl they can do. And man once you figure those out you do wallops of damage finishing them. 

So many things though in this game that one can miss of go to fast through a tutorial and have to figure it out on your own. 

For the map try clicking the right or left stick. One of them opens up a bigger map when in game. 

Gah! So it's the same sort of element combo system from XCX. I remember the tutorial going over it for two seconds. Yeah, there's tiers of special attacks, which is another system I forgot to mention. Then there's a special bar at the top left used for revivals, and maybe even super combos? 



The sentence below is false. 
The sentence above is true. 

 

Cerebralbore101 said:
irstupid said: I usually ignore fast travel, but when using a few times. Mostly when fall off titan and don't feel like swiming. It's pretty fast. I was worried it would be like a 30 second load. It's not. Still hate the fast travel system though. Not the fast travele system itself, but the fact that it replaces the map and it doesn't show the whole map but splits the world up. 

Yea it's complicated. Heck I just figured out how the Driver combos work like 20 hours in. Not the break/topple/ect thing, knew that from prior games. But the one where you do a special and it pops up a little tree in the upper right hand corner. Could never figure out how that was not working for me for the longest time. I would do a water based attack and then see I need either water or stone for next so I would. Ect. Nothing ever seems to be happening. Turns out the next step in the tree has to be at least a lvl 2 special, and the final has to be at least a lvl 3 special. Oh and there are little orbs that spin around the non player controlled characters specials indicating what lvl they can do. And man once you figure those out you do wallops of damage finishing them. 

So many things though in this game that one can miss of go to fast through a tutorial and have to figure it out on your own. 

For the map try clicking the right or left stick. One of them opens up a bigger map when in game. 

Gah! So it's the same sort of element combo system from XCX. I remember the tutorial going over it for two seconds. Yeah, there's tiers of special attacks, which is another system I forgot to mention. Then there's a special bar at the top left used for revivals, and maybe even super combos? 

I know about that feature. I'm talking like I got a side quest and they told me to head to some area "fancy fantasy name place" and I'm like okay. I have no idea where that place is, so I want to pop open the map and look at it for the location on it. No map. Have to just scroll through locations I have found by going up and down on fast travel. If I have found the place, then great I can fast travel and look at the fast travel map and see where it is on the body of the titan, then scroll back to where I am and try ot figure out how th maps connect if they are on different fast travel screen.

But if I haven't found the place, or if there is no fast travel location for it, then where the F do I go? Prior Xeno games the map would be fogged over and I can be like, Okay, best check out those locations for it. It's just messy and a huge step backwards. I mean what freaking Open World game can you name doesn't have a world stinking map that you can open up and see the whole world, zoom in, zoom out, maybe place markers (which I would love, or if it places markers for chests I found that I couldn't open) I did see a filter button for map, maybe it does show chests and the filter is off. But how about the jump locations or the underwater locations. or other barriers that you need field skills to overcome. Wish those coudl show up on map through filter. Feel like at some point I'm going to be doing what I do in Pokemon games when I get its ingame items scanner. Go back to the beginning and re-cover every square foot of the game looking for something I missed or couldn't do before. In pokemon that is not so bad. In this game and its size, that seems daunting. 

Oh well. Gonna go back to playing. Only have like 4 hours till football starts, so can't waste my time. 



irstupid said:
Cerebralbore101 said:

For the map try clicking the right or left stick. One of them opens up a bigger map when in game. 

Gah! So it's the same sort of element combo system from XCX. I remember the tutorial going over it for two seconds. Yeah, there's tiers of special attacks, which is another system I forgot to mention. Then there's a special bar at the top left used for revivals, and maybe even super combos? 

I know about that feature. I'm talking like I got a side quest and they told me to head to some area "fancy fantasy name place" and I'm like okay. I have no idea where that place is, so I want to pop open the map and look at it for the location on it. No map. Have to just scroll through locations I have found by going up and down on fast travel. If I have found the place, then great I can fast travel and look at the fast travel map and see where it is on the body of the titan, then scroll back to where I am and try ot figure out how th maps connect if they are on different fast travel screen.

But if I haven't found the place, or if there is no fast travel location for it, then where the F do I go? Prior Xeno games the map would be fogged over and I can be like, Okay, best check out those locations for it. It's just messy and a huge step backwards. I mean what freaking Open World game can you name doesn't have a world stinking map that you can open up and see the whole world, zoom in, zoom out, maybe place markers (which I would love, or if it places markers for chests I found that I couldn't open) I did see a filter button for map, maybe it does show chests and the filter is off. But how about the jump locations or the underwater locations. or other barriers that you need field skills to overcome. Wish those coudl show up on map through filter. Feel like at some point I'm going to be doing what I do in Pokemon games when I get its ingame items scanner. Go back to the beginning and re-cover every square foot of the game looking for something I missed or couldn't do before. In pokemon that is not so bad. In this game and its size, that seems daunting. 

Oh well. Gonna go back to playing. Only have like 4 hours till football starts, so can't waste my time. 

Yeah the map would be better if we could see it as a whole. As far as finding the place you are looking for there are quest markers (poorly implemented ones though).



The sentence below is false. 
The sentence above is true. 

 

Cerebralbore101 said:
irstupid said:

I know about that feature. I'm talking like I got a side quest and they told me to head to some area "fancy fantasy name place" and I'm like okay. I have no idea where that place is, so I want to pop open the map and look at it for the location on it. No map. Have to just scroll through locations I have found by going up and down on fast travel. If I have found the place, then great I can fast travel and look at the fast travel map and see where it is on the body of the titan, then scroll back to where I am and try ot figure out how th maps connect if they are on different fast travel screen.

But if I haven't found the place, or if there is no fast travel location for it, then where the F do I go? Prior Xeno games the map would be fogged over and I can be like, Okay, best check out those locations for it. It's just messy and a huge step backwards. I mean what freaking Open World game can you name doesn't have a world stinking map that you can open up and see the whole world, zoom in, zoom out, maybe place markers (which I would love, or if it places markers for chests I found that I couldn't open) I did see a filter button for map, maybe it does show chests and the filter is off. But how about the jump locations or the underwater locations. or other barriers that you need field skills to overcome. Wish those coudl show up on map through filter. Feel like at some point I'm going to be doing what I do in Pokemon games when I get its ingame items scanner. Go back to the beginning and re-cover every square foot of the game looking for something I missed or couldn't do before. In pokemon that is not so bad. In this game and its size, that seems daunting. 

Oh well. Gonna go back to playing. Only have like 4 hours till football starts, so can't waste my time. 

Yeah the map would be better if we could see it as a whole. As far as finding the place you are looking for there are quest markers (poorly implemented ones though).

I prefer to learn the world and not follow markers. You know like BotW turning off Hud and just playing. Same reason I don't fast travel around. 



I need a camera patch for this game, it's a 10/10 for almost any other aspect but the camera really bugs me when I'm in small areas