By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Xenoblade 2 thoughts (no spoilers)

Sorry for the rage guys, stress about other things kinda crept up on me and when I sat down to game and relax it pissed me off that the game seemed out to frustrate me as well. I got over it.

I am warming up to Zeke; he annoyed the shit out of me the first two times I met him, (not that he was hard, I just found his character really irritating) but he's a lot more tolerable from the third encounter onwards.

Around the Network
curl-6 said:

Sorry for the rage guys, stress about other things kinda crept up on me and when I sat down to game and relax it pissed me off that the game seemed out to frustrate me as well. I got over it.

Yeah I haven't really got into the game for like a week because I just couldn't stand trying to have fun or relax and bumping into roadblocks for no reason. I have other things I can do, so it's hard to want to play the game with some of it's stupid stuff. Maybe next week I'll get to it though : ) 

curl-6 said:

Okay, fuck this game for fucking lying about levels.

I am level 39. A level 35 guy should not be able to stand a chance against me. This is bullshit. 

Levels don't mean anything, much like the quest marker on the compass.

And even if they matter you're just gonna die anyway because another strong monster is randomly joining the fight. What the game needs is a proper fleeing mechanic.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

I just love running around Gormontt without that giant gorilla. Still plenty of big guys I have not yet killed but there is a lot of tombstones now on the maps.

curl-6 said:

Are chain attacks essential? Cos I hate using them as it totally depletes my party gauge and leaves me vulnerable to being cheesed without any points left for revival.

There are items that increase the party gauge for doing certain things like getting a perfect on specials. I believe Tora has an ability that charges the party gauge as well. With the right setup you can do a special attack, and still have a bar of party gauge when it ends. 

It's usually best to wait until an enemy is either nearly dead, or enraged to start a chain attack. The more you overkill an enemy the more items, XP, SP, and WP it drops. I've gotten four legendary core crystals just from one fight before. Finishing combos with Smash, and doing chain attacks helps a lot. 

Around the Network
xl-klaudkil said:
curl-6 said:

Yeah meant to say 39, I'm several levels higher. I'm just getting really sick of the game lying to me about an enemy's strength.

Like, if I'm 39 and he's as strong as me or stronger, just tell me he's 39 or 40. Just don't lie to me and say he's much weaker than me when that's clearly not the case.

He's not weaker only less hp. It also depends what his weaknis is and what type of skills and blade you use + if you have any healers.

For example iam lvl 59 and killed a lvl 83 monster, took a long ass time but i did it.

Noice, so you like fighting enemys that are much higher level than you are aswell! This game reminds me a lot of Paper Mario in that sense, where as long as you're skilled enough you can defeat way stronger baddies.

Is character armor a significant factor in this game? For some reason I can't seem to find anywhere that sells it, the blacksmith in Indol only sells Chips.

I remember buying "soldier armor" or something like that back in chapter 3 but ever since then, can't seem to find it.

curl-6 said:

Is character armor a significant factor in this game? For some reason I can't seem to find anywhere that sells it, the blacksmith in Indol only sells Chips.

I remember buying "soldier armor" or something like that back in chapter 3 but ever since then, can't seem to find it.

There are no armours

My youtube gaming page.

http://www.youtube.com/user/klaudkil

Update: played for 99:37 hourd lvl 76, got some gold chips and some better, done a phew quest and mostly story todag.
Almost at the end( worldtree end)

Have to admit this game is mindblowing amazing, i got huge ff7 feelings from it at how awesome the chars,the world and music and battle systeem are.

And what a grand storyline damn!!!!

Best jrpg since ffx without a doubt. Never played xeno 1 or x)

My youtube gaming page.

http://www.youtube.com/user/klaudkil

10 hours in:
- Overall: Exceeding all expectations.
- Soundtrack: God-Tier...truly amazing.
- Exploration: Not as good as X, but still great.
- Quests: FAR better than X. Really motivated to do them all
- Graphics: Not too good, not too bad.
- Combat: My favourite by far in the series. Easy to slowly grasp and implement.
- Difficulty: The most fair in the series. Can make yourself as OP or underlevelled as you wish.

This is a must buy.

PSN: Saugeen-Uwo     Feel free to add me (put Vg Chartz as MSG)!

Nintendo Network ID: Saugeen-Uwo