By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Easy Predicion: PS4 sells 100m faster than the PS2

Tagged games:

Kerotan said:

To bad, you created the problem. And if you actually read my post, you would know I haven't been mocking you, at most just friendly jokes. You are so defensive it is incredible. I'll leave but only because this is actually becoming quite sad on your part. Living as a victim can't be easy.

Also, it's obvious the PS4 is going to beat the PS2 in terms of how fast it will get to 100M. 

Around the Network
Kerotan said:
zorg1000 said:

PS2 reached 100m faster than Wii did.

Roger. This would be an epic feather to the ps4's cap. Fastest ever traditional home console to hit 100m sounds epic. 

What about other types of consoles like handhelds? How long did it take the DS?

I just edited my last post with all the numbers

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

zorg1000 said:
Kerotan said:

Roger. This would be an epic feather to the ps4's cap. Fastest ever traditional home console to hit 100m sounds epic. 

What about other types of consoles like handhelds? How long did it take the DS?

I just edited my last post with all the numbers

Nice one. I'll put it in the OP. 

If the PS4 continues at the same pace it is going now the PS4 should reach 100M a couple months before the PS2 did. I think, however, PS4 will sell even better in 2018 than it did in 2017 if it gets that $199 price point under it's belt. I predict the PS4 will drop to $199 in either March or September coupled with the bundles throughout the year will maybe allow PS4 to not only remain flat YOY but offer growth by 1-3 million units in 2018. Let's be honest, the bundles this year weren't impressive on the PS4 front so Sony could see some growth in that department.

If all this happens, I see Sony hitting 100M by Dec. 2018 - March 2019. Of course this depends on whether or not they are able to meet capacity on their production lines of course, considering this would require Sony to make 34 million consoles in a span of 13-16 months.

And yes, I realize this prediction is unlikely to happen but it is my prediction.

The PS4 keeps on breaking records, i wonder if someday it'll even outsell the mighty PS2, sure it seems unlikely now, but a lot of what the PS4 has done was VERY unlikely 4 years ago.

Around the Network
bubblegamer said:
The PS4 keeps on breaking records, i wonder if someday it'll even outsell the mighty PS2, sure it seems unlikely now, but a lot of what the PS4 has done was VERY unlikely 4 years ago.

It all depends really on how low it can go. Massive potential there. 

I certainly believe it’s going to happen. DS though... don’t think anything is ever going to beat that lol

0331 Happiness is a belt-fed weapon

Plot twist: The PS2 was only available in one country for its first 9 months.

Even then, it'll be a close race.

Last edited by Teeqoz - on 01 December 2017

Teeqoz said:

Plot twist: The PS2 was only available in one country for its first 9 months.

Even then, it'll be a close race.

Ps4 wasn't available WW at launch either. I know it's not the equivalent but it narrows the gap somewhat.

Kerotan said:

Most people making a prediction like this would call it a bold prediction to make themselves feel better about themselves. The straight talking, crooked walking kerotan doesn't do this however.

The prediction may sound bold but in reality I think it's easy. PS4 has until about July 2019 to do this. PS2 took 5 years and 9 months but PS4 will take less.

See you on the other side. 

Additional information: 

PS2 reached 100m faster than Wii did.

DS - 4 years, 4 months

PS2 - 5 years, 9 months

Wii - 6 years, 7 months

PS1 - 9 years, 6 months

GB - 11 years, 2 months

Yeah, I said June/July for 100m so it's likely IMO.

The PS5 Exists.