By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - "Switch is cannibalizing PS4 sales in Japan"

Tagged games:

zorg1000 said:
One or two people said something and all of a sudden that makes it a myth?

I'm the only person who disagreed with this. I didn't see anyone deny it. Seems like a lot of people are happy for this myth to be accepted. 

Around the Network
Kerotan said:
So nobody is capable of addressing the point? Is this "Switch is eating the ps4 sales in japan" just a troll tactic to bash the ps4 With?

If be interested if someone could actually address this issue.

The problem is, you're the first person I've ever heard saying that, so there is no issue to discuss.

I thought that it was pretty much common knowledge that sales of Nintendo systems are almost completely unrelated to the sales of other systems.

Bet with PeH: 

I win if Arms sells over 700 000 units worldwide by the end of 2017.

Bet with WagnerPaiva:

I win if Emmanuel Macron wins the french presidential election May 7th 2017.

palou said:
Kerotan said:
So nobody is capable of addressing the point? Is this "Switch is eating the ps4 sales in japan" just a troll tactic to bash the ps4 With?

If be interested if someone could actually address this issue.

The problem is, you're the first person I've ever heard saying that, so there is no issue to discuss.

I thought that it was pretty much common knowledge that sales of Nintendo systems are almost completely unrelated to the sales of other systems.

I agree with you but apparently this isn't the case in the latest media create thread. Certain users are pushing this whole new idea. Might aswell nip it in the bud now because it's going to be repeated weekly on the threads otherwise.

Kerotan said:
zorg1000 said:

I'm the only person who disagreed with this. I didn't see anyone deny it. Seems like a lot of people are happy for this myth to be accepted. 

If you dont pass on the myth then the myth dies, you are the only one keeping it alive.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Or at the very least use numbers to back up your argument. God damn.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

Around the Network
Kerotan said:
zorg1000 said:

Myth was an awesome game...

zorg1000 said:
Kerotan said:

If you dont pass on the myth then the myth dies, you are the only one keeping it alive.

Nah man. I can guarantee you certain posters would keep mentioning this in future MC threads.

Normchacho said:

The numbers are freely available to you on this website, neogaf or the official trackers sites. 

Cannibalizing is not the right word. Different companies.

“Simple minds have always confused great honesty with great rudeness.” - Sherlock Holmes, Elementary (2013).

"Did you guys expected some actual rational fact-based reasoning? ...you should already know I'm all about BS and fraudulence." - FunFan, VGchartz (2016)

Kerotan said:
zorg1000 said:

Nah man. I can guarantee you certain posters would keep mentioning this in future MC threads.

Normchacho said:

The numbers are freely available to you on this website, neogaf or the official trackers sites. 

You mean just like you will continue the myth that PS4 is doing amazing in Japan?

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Kerotan said:
zorg1000 said:

Normchacho said:

That's not how this works. The burden of proof is on you.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.