By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - "Switch is cannibalizing PS4 sales in Japan"

Tagged games:

Cannibalising is not right word, but Switch definitely can effect PS4 sales in Japan beacuse Switch is home console in same time. For instance in Japan when someone that prefers more home console gaming but also like handheld gaming, can easily choose Switch over PS4 beacuse Switch is both in one (home console and handheld in one), especially with all that hype around Switch in Japan. And of course that wasn't case last year.

Around the Network
VGPolyglot said:
Kerotan said:

I agree with you but apparently this isn't the case in the latest media create thread. Certain users are pushing this whole new idea. Might aswell nip it in the bud now because it's going to be repeated weekly on the threads otherwise.

If you're going to say that "certain users" are pushing it, at least provide links to the posts.

Read this week's MC thread.

AngryLittleAlchemist said:
I don't think Kerotan gets the irony in tagging "Top Spin" for this thread.

Don't worry I do. 

Miyamotoo said:

Cannibalising is not right word, but Switch definitely can effect PS4 sales in Japan beacuse Switch is home console in same time. For instance in Japan when someone that prefers more home console gaming but also like handheld gaming, can easily choose Switch over PS4 beacuse Switch is both in one (home console and handheld in one), especially with all that hype around Switch in Japan. And of course that wasn't case last year.

Glad you have retracted that now. So no more"switch is cannibalizing the ps4" on the weekly charts. Mission complete. 

Switch like other consoles before it obviously takes sales the ps4 might otherwise get. The same way japanese gamers choose the ps4 over the switch and others. 

The point is however switch isn't the reason ps4 is down in Q4 2017. The reason is due to the launch of the slim, the pro, price cut and FFXV. Ps4 q4 2017 was never going to compete. 

I've said that point to you at least 10 times now but you refuse to address it directly.  Instead you apply some top spin Roger Feferer would be proud. This tbread is about that. 

Miyamotoo said:

in sticto sense yes, but in abroad sense...

Miyamotoo said:
Damn Kerotan, take a break, this last Japan sales numbers really set you on fire. :D

That's what happenes when Switch cannibalize PS4 sales in Japan xD 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Kerotan said:
VGPolyglot said:

If you're going to say that "certain users" are pushing it, at least provide links to the posts.

You're the one that made the claim, why should I do your work for you?

Around the Network
VGPolyglot said:
Kerotan said:

You're not obliged to anything but you want to know read the thread. I'm not doing that for you.

@jrnation 

Nice reply as always that really adds much needed substance to the thread. 

The mods should give you a special "echo" tag. 

CaptainExplosion said:
Cannibalizing? But they're from different developers!

Just shows you how obsurd the original claims were.

Kerotan said:

Miyamotoo said:

Glad you have retracted that now. So no more"switch is cannibalizing the ps4" on the weekly charts. Mission complete. 

Switch like other consoles before it obviously takes sales the ps4 might otherwise get. The same way japanese gamers choose the ps4 over the switch and others. 

The point is however switch isn't the reason ps4 is down in Q4 2017. The reason is due to the launch of the slim, the pro, price cut and FFXV. Ps4 q4 2017 was never going to compete. 

I've said that point to you at least 10 times now but you refuse to address it directly.  Instead you apply some top spin Roger Feferer would be proud. This tbread is about that. 

Cannibalizing is definitely bad wording, but this my post is very clear in any case. Like I wrote to you already, I will not comment rest of your post because I gave you already clear answers and points that from some reasons you fail to see.

And for record, this thread is actually about you. ;)

Spiders are cannibals.

Kerotan said:
VGPolyglot said:

You're not obliged to anything but you want to know read the thread. I'm not doing that for you.

Doing it for me? You said that certain people were doing it, I asked for specific links to those who were doing it, and now somehow it's you doing a favour for me? You should have been prepared to back that up if you were going to make that claim.