By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - "Switch is cannibalizing PS4 sales in Japan"

Tagged games:

Kerotan said:
tbone51 said:
Ok got an estimate of ps4 holiday sales.

Last 5 weeks of the year...

2014: 198k
2015: 250k
2016: who cares
2017: ???

Ps4 of 2017 should eclipse these sales figures. 2014 ps4 sold i believe total 1mil and ps4 in 2015 was higher. 2017 was believed to be the peak year but recently now its not (still very possible).

If Ps4 imo doesnt surpass those numbers in its last 5weeks then switch is definetly taking sales away from it. Im excluding 2016 because why not

Where can we access sales for q3 and q4 2016 and 2017? 

I don't want to go through 48 separate MC threads to add them up..

I juust used vgc numbers. I didnt go throuvh all of that. Wish we had a database

Around the Network
Kerotan said:
tbone51 said:
Ok got an estimate of ps4 holiday sales.

Last 5 weeks of the year...

2014: 198k
2015: 250k
2016: who cares
2017: ???

Ps4 of 2017 should eclipse these sales figures. 2014 ps4 sold i believe total 1mil and ps4 in 2015 was higher. 2017 was believed to be the peak year but recently now its not (still very possible).

If Ps4 imo doesnt surpass those numbers in its last 5weeks then switch is definetly taking sales away from it. Im excluding 2016 because why not

Where can we access sales for q3 and q4 2016 and 2017? 

I don't want to go through 48 separate MC threads to add them up..

Vgchartz numbers are accurate since they are based on MC/Fam.

All you do is look at the LTD for the last week of Q2 and then subtract it from the LTD for the last week of Q3.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Kai_Mao said:

Except, again, Nintendo has addressed the demographic data. About 46% of Switch owners are around the age of 25-34 and 23% are around 19-24 years of age. So its basically the college and young men you are talking about in regards to the PS4 demographic. Why are we still talking about as if the Switch is mostly popular among children to high schoolers?

http://nintendoeverything.com/kimishima-on-switch-sales-demographics/

Because a high percentage of those 25-34 buyers are parents, hell by the time i went to college half my highschool friends had kids. 

Sales demographic and usage demographic aren't the same thing.

Also congrats for taking US sales data and trying to apply it to an explanation specifically outlining japanese demographics. 

But shit what would I know, I've only lived here in japan most of my life. 

Last edited by NATO - on 01 December 2017

The switch isn't cannibalizing the PS4. The thing is the switch is just doing really well while the PS4 is just doing meh

Quite frankly, I don't see why a thread about a single quote from one user in a thread deserves it's own response thread. Take it up with the user in that thread or their wall if you're going to kick up such a fuss. Locking.