By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Donald Trump: How Do You Feel about Him Now? (Poll)

Last November,

I supported him and I still do - Americas 91 15.77%

I supported him and I now don't - Americas 16 2.77%

I supported him and I still do - Europe 37 6.41%

I supported him and I now don't - Europe 7 1.21%

I supported him and I still do - Asia 6 1.04%

I supported him and I now don't - Asia 1 0.17%

I supported him and I still do - RoW 15 2.60%

I supported him and I now don't - RoW 2 0.35%

I didn't support him and still don't. 373 64.64%

I didn't support him and now do. 29 5.03%

Total:577
massimus said:
Final-Fan said:

It's true that state environmental law isn't exactly the same as it was in 1970.  It's also true that there is a shitload of bad stuff that could (and, I argue, would) happen in many states without the EPA's existence, and pollution doesn't respect state borders. 

This is how blinkered you are:  the SCOTUS decision that said unions can't force employees to pay dues that go to campaign funds happened decades ago.  The SCOTUS decision that said unions can't force employees to pay dues at all happened just recently.  Those are different decisions.  In the past, unions have collected "fair share" dues and in return they were forced by law to represent those employees.  Now that employees can opt out of dues entirely, I expect unions to successfully challenge the law to get out of representing the leeches.  Let's see how long it takes for some bitch to complain about the union not representing his non-due-paying ass when his company screws him over. 

That’s the thing about the left. You’re always focused on what could happen and it’s always the worst case scenario. You don’t care about what does happen.  You fear monger because you don’t have any facts to back you up. The world was supposed to burst into flames a few years ago according to al gore. The EPA saved us from such a fate obviously lmao! So how long is the timeline now? 50 years until the world burst into flames? You have to vote democrat now and tax carbon or else! 

I am just speculating here, but my guess is that all this wild deflection and projection is because you can't emotionally risk the possibility of any part of your worldview being wrong.  Proof that your understanding of the SCOTUS decision is wrong?  Those wacky liberals!  Al Gore thinks pollution literally put the planet into a giant microwave and we're seeing its light bulb instead of the sun!  And who's going to pay that electricity bill?!

Or maybe you're just addicted to hyperbole.  If that's the case, I urge you to get your fix in a less contentious realm than politics.  Sega 4 life

Last edited by Final-Fan - on 16 July 2018

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Around the Network
Final-Fan said:
massimus said:

That’s the thing about the left. You’re always focused on what could happen and it’s always the worst case scenario. You don’t care about what does happen.  You fear monger because you don’t have any facts to back you up. The world was supposed to burst into flames a few years ago according to al gore. The EPA saved us from such a fate obviously lmao! So how long is the timeline now? 50 years until the world burst into flames? You have to vote democrat now and tax carbon or else! 

I am just speculating here, but my guess is that all this wild deflection and projection is because you can't emotionally risk the possibility of any part of your worldview being wrong.  Proof that your understanding of the SCOTUS decision is wrong?  Those wacky liberals!  Al Gore thinks pollution literally put the planet into a giant microwave and we're seeing its light bulb instead of the sun!  And who's going to pay that electricity bill?!

Or maybe you're just addicted to hyperbole.  If that's the case, I urge you to get your fix in a less contentious realm than politics.  Sega 4 life

What did I deflect? What did I project? How am I wrong? I don’t pretend I know everything and have admitted plenty of times when I’m wrong.I’m not wrong about the unions or the EPA though. Don’t talk shit and cry hyperbole when it comes back at you.

Forcing those workers to finance union activity violated the First Amendment, Justice Samuel A. Alito Jr. wrote for the majority. “We conclude that this arrangement violates the free speech rights of nonmembers by compelling them to subsidize private speech on matters of substantial public concern,” he wrote.

Compelled speech, eat it.

massimus said:
Final-Fan said:

What did I deflect? What did I project? How am I wrong? I don’t pretend I know everything and have admitted plenty of times when I’m wrong.I’m not wrong about the unions or the EPA though. Don’t talk shit and cry hyperbole when it comes back at you.

Forcing those workers to finance union activity violated the First Amendment, Justice Samuel A. Alito Jr. wrote for the majority. “We conclude that this arrangement violates the free speech rights of nonmembers by compelling them to subsidize private speech on matters of substantial public concern,” he wrote.

You completely ignored the bigger half of my previous post.  You went off on a rant about Al Gore which had nothing to do with anything.  "Fear mongering" lol.  What I said was far, far from worst case scenario, which would be more like the states dismantle their environmental protections as well.  (Instead of problems stemming from areas where state level protections are already weak, propped up by the EPA.) 

The cold fact is that you alleged that the recent ruling prohibited the unions from doing something that the SCOTUS already prohibited 40 years ago in a separate ruling.  And when this was pointed out you went off on a barely coherent rant against Al Gore. 

Let me tell you a little story.  There was a guy on this site called MikeB.  He was a PS3 fanboy who could be interesting to talk to, but you couldn't take him seriously any time the conversation topic was more than a week in the future.  In 2009, he predicted the PS3 would be at 80-100 million in 2012 and 140 million in 2016. 

You are a political fanboy, and worse, you aren't even operating within the same "shared reality" that tied MikeB down to an agreed present-time with the rest of us.  Calm down, take a good hard look at some of the things you are assuming must be true (especially if you are hearing about it from biased sources even if you like them), and look at my signature. 

Get outraged about stuff that is true, not stuff that is false.  Predict stuff that is likely, not stuff that is unlikely.  You will be happier, and we will be happier. 

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!

Lmao at people thinking America is ending.

Final-Fan said:
massimus said:

You completely ignored the bigger half of my previous post.  You went off on a rant about Al Gore which had nothing to do with anything.  "Fear mongering" lol.  What I said was far, far from worst case scenario, which would be more like the states dismantle their environmental protections as well.  (Instead of problems stemming from areas where state level protections are already weak, propped up by the EPA.) 

The cold fact is that you alleged that the recent ruling prohibited the unions from doing something that the SCOTUS already prohibited 40 years ago in a separate ruling.  And when this was pointed out you went off on a barely coherent rant against Al Gore. 

Let me tell you a little story.  There was a guy on this site called MikeB.  He was a PS3 fanboy who could be interesting to talk to, but you couldn't take him seriously any time the conversation topic was more than a week in the future.  In 2009, he predicted the PS3 would be at 80-100 million in 2012 and 140 million in 2016. 

You are a political fanboy, and worse, you aren't even operating within the same "shared reality" that tied MikeB down to an agreed present-time with the rest of us.  Calm down, take a good hard look at some of the things you are assuming must be true (especially if you are hearing about it from biased sources even if you like them), and look at my signature. 

Get outraged about stuff that is true, not stuff that is false.  Predict stuff that is likely, not stuff that is unlikely.  You will be happier, and we will be happier. 

I ignored it because it doesn't change anything I said. I just repeated myself in the next post with the majority decision. Al Gore was the example of the left using apocalyptic bullshit in the far distance to justify their shitty policy for votes. Your idea that States would devolve into a some catastrophe for certain without the EPA reminded me of him, that's all. If the EPA wasn't here to tax people, take over industries and create universal standards that only apply to a few then we would all be fucked. That sounds pretty ignorant to me. Some states have issues even with the EPA and that still needs to be dealt with on a state level. Maybe try fixing stupid instead of the environment and the pieces might fall into place.

It's not a different decision. This decision also overturned precedent that has been in place for 40 years and for the same exact reason "the political side" was, compelled speech. That's what I said, you don't have to pay dues because of compelled speech. How am I wrong? Because I said campaign funds? The examples he gave were the battles with the big unions vs the governors.  A union doesn't have to endorse a politician to be in the political realm. The unions themselves can be compelled speech. So getting a refund on your "political fees" doesn't really mean much does it? Opting out entirely is a better offer.

LOL You're an idiot and that story sucked. I'm not outraged about anything, quite the opposite. I'm happy the EPA is getting slashed, are you?  I'm happy people will be able to opt out of federal unions, are you? I think that's great news, that's why I said it.

Around the Network

It's hard to convince me that you're not outraged when you are yelling about liberals claiming the earth is going to spontaneously combust. But fine, change it back to "brag" if that's what makes you happy.

But, ironically given your accusations (this is the deflection/projection I was referring to), you're not going to restrict yourself to what is real and what is realistic. You're a spin doctor, and I'm done. 

[edit:  I mean seriously, "Didn't happen in my lifetime, therefore EPA must be worthless", get the fuck out of here.  It's an entirely vapid position, but you're smart enough to have some vague handwaving that is really tedious to shoot down in detail, especially when I doubt anything will convince you anyway.]

Last edited by Final-Fan - on 17 July 2018

He's retarded.

He practically admitted to Russia that he was incompetent and that he needs the help of the Russians in solving a domestic US issue with Hillary Clinton's email. When his own intelligence says Russia did it, FIRST - he goes and tells Russia, and second he instead takes Putin's word on what happened. Seriously, what the fuck?

Also, what's his stuff about how nothing ever goes missing in Russia? What? Before the US began arming the Middle East, they got their weapons from ex-Russian military black market arms dealers.

Can you imagine if Obama did this, the shitstorm that Fox news would be having?

The real story is that this is collectively the best the US could come up with.
By the people and for the people! To bad there's something seriously wrong with the people...

Last edited by Jumpin - on 17 July 2018

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

CartBlanche said:
CartBlanche said:
This photo speaks volumes about the the NATO relationships -

Wait until he meets Putin in a few days and does a total 180 on what he's been saying. Just normal Trump behaviour.

What did you guys think about Donald Trump meeting the President of the United States in Helsinki yesterday?

So was the above accurate???

In the urban dictionary next to the word arse-licker, there is a picture of Donald Trump. Fact!

Trump is easy to manipulate.

Trump: "My top secret intel guys have implicated people associated with your government in attempting to influence our elections."
Putin: "You know what, we can help you with your investigation. May I see the list."
Trump: "Certainly!"
Putin: "Thanks, also, we'd like to work with your secret agents, and it would make me very happy if you forwarded the list of them so we can contact them immediately."
Trump: "Of course! Ivanka, give Putin here what he's asking for."
Trump: "You know what Putin, you're a great guy! On behalf of Murica, we appreciate the help you're giving us."
Putin: "I just got off the phone with Boris Klichnikov, AKA Frank Schmidt."
Trump: "Who?"
Putin: "Not something you'll ever need to concern yourself with again."
Trump: "Wow! You're just full of taking work off my hands today! This is why I love you, Putin!"
Putin: "Please, call me Papa."

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Final-Fan said:

It's hard to convince me that you're not outraged when you are yelling about liberals claiming the earth is going to spontaneously combust. But fine, change it back to "brag" if that's what makes you happy.

But, ironically given your accusations (this is the deflection/projection I was referring to), you're not going to restrict yourself to what is real and what is realistic. You're a spin doctor, and I'm done. 

[edit:  I mean seriously, "Didn't happen in my lifetime, therefore EPA must be worthless", get the fuck out of here.  It's an entirely vapid position, but you're smart enough to have some vague handwaving that is really tedious to shoot down in detail, especially when I doubt anything will convince you anyway.]

The exclamation points were not yelling out of anger lol. I was mocking people using such things to justify their bullshit. 

Yeah, I spun it right back around to where I started... saying the same thing 4 times in different ways. Oh you’re done? I was hoping we could go around the loop a few more times. 

Shit is happening now and they are still worthless lol. Convince me of what? That the EPA isn’t worthless right now at this current moment? Yeah good luck.