By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Donald Trump: How Do You Feel about Him Now? (Poll)

Last November,

I supported him and I still do - Americas 91 15.77%

I supported him and I now don't - Americas 16 2.77%

I supported him and I still do - Europe 37 6.41%

I supported him and I now don't - Europe 7 1.21%

I supported him and I still do - Asia 6 1.04%

I supported him and I now don't - Asia 1 0.17%

I supported him and I still do - RoW 15 2.60%

I supported him and I now don't - RoW 2 0.35%

I didn't support him and still don't. 373 64.64%

I didn't support him and now do. 29 5.03%

Total:577
Errorist76 said:
kappie1977 said:

Exactly. To be honest, I'm still so surprised that he is still quite popular in the USA. Where things so bad under Obama or was it really that the people from the United States of Amerika thought Hilary was an even worse choice?

No they weren’t but a lot of people in the US are notoriously badly educated and racist to the core. 

The only @#@#$ thing is, that we in Europe gave USA to much influence. But the good thing is, that all countries are coming to senses that with such a egocentric show man we need to be prepared! And I think Putin is the laughing third currently!

Around the Network
Final-Fan said:
massimus said:

The unions worked at one point in time before state law instituted basic worker protections. Do you think unions are as effective now as when “it was an issue”. Is that the “Cali smog” you were talking about? I don’t have a single Indian tear running down my face when I look at those pictures, no lol. The whole media matters picture library would not make me sympathize or champion the EPA. No, I have never lived in an area that looked like that. I guess I just haven’t lived in asshole states that blame the federal government for their shitshow.

Well, if I thought that the problems unions and the EPA were created to fix would stay fixed forever if we got rid of unions and the EPA, I'd be in favor of throwing them in the garbage too.  But I'm not a child. 

No, you just think like one. Or do you think? It sounds like you just regurgitate what you are told. You missed the entire point of that post. We don’t need unions anymore because state law covers basic workers rights. The scotus just ruled that federal unions can’t force employees to pay dues because its “compelled Speech”. They take your dues and then support left wing hack campaign funds. Let’s see how fast union participation drops now. It’s the same with the EPA, a lot has happened with state law since the introduction of the EPA, young one.

massimus said:
Final-Fan said:

Well, if I thought that the problems unions and the EPA were created to fix would stay fixed forever if we got rid of unions and the EPA, I'd be in favor of throwing them in the garbage too.  But I'm not a child. 

No, you just think like one. Or do you think? It sounds like you just regurgitate what you are told. You missed the entire point of that post. We don’t need unions anymore because state law covers basic workers rights. The scotus just ruled that federal unions can’t force employees to pay dues because its “compelled Speech”. They take your dues and then support left wing hack campaign funds. Let’s see how fast union participation drops now. It’s the same with the EPA, a lot has happened with state law since the introduction of the EPA, young one.

It's true that state environmental law isn't exactly the same as it was in 1970.  It's also true that there is a shitload of bad stuff that could (and, I argue, would) happen in many states without the EPA's existence, and pollution doesn't respect state borders. 

This is how blinkered you are:  the SCOTUS decision that said unions can't force employees to pay dues that go to campaign funds happened decades ago.  The SCOTUS decision that said unions can't force employees to pay dues at all happened just recently.  Those are different decisions.  In the past, unions have collected "fair share" dues and in return they were forced by law to represent those employees.  Now that employees can opt out of dues entirely, I expect unions to successfully challenge the law to get out of representing the leeches.  Let's see how long it takes for some bitch to complain about the union not representing his non-due-paying ass when his company screws him over. 

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Final-Fan said:
massimus said:

It's true that state environmental law isn't exactly the same as it was in 1970.  It's also true that there is a shitload of bad stuff that could (and, I argue, would) happen in many states without the EPA's existence, and pollution doesn't respect state borders. 

This is how blinkered you are:  the SCOTUS decision that said unions can't force employees to pay dues that go to campaign funds happened decades ago.  The SCOTUS decision that said unions can't force employees to pay dues at all happened just recently.  Those are different decisions.  In the past, unions have collected "fair share" dues and in return they were forced by law to represent those employees.  Now that employees can opt out of dues entirely, I expect unions to successfully challenge the law to get out of representing the leeches.  Let's see how long it takes for some bitch to complain about the union not representing his non-due-paying ass when his company screws him over. 

That’s the thing about the left. You’re always focused on what could happen and it’s always the worst case scenario. You don’t care about what does happen.  You fear monger because you don’t have any facts to back you up. The world was supposed to burst into flames a few years ago according to al gore. The EPA saved us from such a fate obviously lmao! So how long is the timeline now? 50 years until the world burst into flames? You have to vote democrat now and tax carbon or else! 

dark_gh0st_b0y said:
JRPGfan said:

Hes not a idiot..... he just has a agenda, and wants to meddle in the UK politics, and force a certain outcome to happend.
It wasnt a "mistake" or something he didnt think through, it was a deliberate move.

He basicallysaid "I dont agree with how May is going about Brexit, and if you stay too close with the EU, we wont trade with you (it would be difficult)"

His goals may not be to hurt Britain,.. but that could likely be the result.
For some reason he just doesnt see the EU as allies, its like he goes out of his way to disrupt and attack the EU.

this man is seriously obsessed with the EU for some reason, I believe he fears the recent growth of the EU and views it as a threat for the United States, and obviously he thinks this is the perfect timing to tear up the EU, starting with the UK

he doesn't really care for the UK, all he wants is to completely detach the piece

does he even know Americans are European immigrants in the first place? a strong EU ally is always in the interests of America, but he is doing his best to push them towards China or break it apart

seriously, I'm starting to fear that Russia's involvement in American politics is much bigger than we thought, is he even preparing the ground for Crimea recognition?

Well, Trump did state that he view the EU as a foe.  This is one of those times when you believe that having an understanding of your words and how they are perceived is very important when being president.  I guess this will be another case where people who support Trump will have to come in and Trump explain what he meant.  It sure would be good if he could understand what he is saying before opening his mouth.

Around the Network
SpokenTruth said:
massimus said:

The unions worked at one point in time before state law instituted basic worker protections. Do you think unions are as effective now as when “it was an issue”. Is that the “Cali smog” you were talking about? I don’t have a single Indian tear running down my face when I look at those pictures, no lol. The whole media matters picture library would not make me sympathize or champion the EPA. No, I have never lived in an area that looked like that. I guess I just haven’t lived in asshole states that blame the federal government for their shitshow.

How's that water in Flint, Michigan working out for them?

How about those coal ash dumps in North Carolina and West Virginia?

And that massive algae bloom that covers 90% of Lake OkeeChobee in Florida? 

What about that 500,000 gallon oil spill from the Keystone Pipeline in South Dakota?  Or the 5 oil spills the Dakota Access Pipeline had just last year alone?

Leave it to the states you say.  Restrict the EPA's oversight you say.  Leaving it all to the states is why we had to have the EPA in the first place.  You want to go back to that?  Looks to me like we need to make the EPA stronger, not weaker.

Shit happens. Go back to what, that happened with the EPA is full force. Everything is never going to be perfect, it’s a fantasy to think so. Make it stronger how? Put the EPA in full control of our entire economy? What a joke.. 

Someone is happy to see Trump

SpokenTruth said:

How's that water in Flint, Michigan working out for them?

Flint's problems were caused by a bankruptcy after decades of Democratic corruption in the city.

SpokenTruth said:
massimus said:

Shit happens. Go back to what, that happened with the EPA is full force. Everything is never going to be perfect, it’s a fantasy to think so. Make it stronger how? Put the EPA in full control of our entire economy? What a joke.. 

Yes, Massimus, put the EPA in complete control of the economy. 

This is why no one wants to have a genuine discourse with you.  I says E and you posit I must mean all the way to Z.

I have discourse with people all of the time, including you lol. Why take it personal all of the sudden? I asked you a question, make it stronger how? Those things happened with the EPA being the strongest it’s ever been. In typical fashion you say that means it needs to be even stronger, THROW MORE MONEY AT IT, MORE FEDERAL CONTROL! The federal democrats will fix flint because the state ones are incapable. I see it for being the worthless agency it is and asked a question. I was half joking with my answer, relax dude.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5