By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Donald Trump: How Do You Feel about Him Now? (Poll)

Last November,

I supported him and I still do - Americas 91 15.77%

I supported him and I now don't - Americas 16 2.77%

I supported him and I still do - Europe 37 6.41%

I supported him and I now don't - Europe 7 1.21%

I supported him and I still do - Asia 6 1.04%

I supported him and I now don't - Asia 1 0.17%

I supported him and I still do - RoW 15 2.60%

I supported him and I now don't - RoW 2 0.35%

I didn't support him and still don't. 373 64.64%

I didn't support him and now do. 29 5.03%

Total:577
Superman4 said:
Dark_Lord_2008 said:
I hope Trump fails as President! I hated this guy before he became President and I hate him even more after he became President. Trump is an arrogant, sleazy, creep with small hands!

This is a sad statement and unfortunatly how many people feel. It is however a dangerous sentiment. If he fails what does it do to our economy and our standing in the world? You do realize the far worse option is currently the VP right? IMO Trump has strengthened our position in the world. I know from the left it looks weaker since its all peace love and happiness over there but in real world terms where power matters, we are in a much better position. Do you really think countries like China, NK, Russia etc. respect a country that gets walked on by them daily? Having someone who will confront them and challenge their actions both in private and in public has been a wake up call for the world. Sometimes his delivery could be better but the message is the same and understood.

That is such typical bullying mentality!! Only a big stick works. I never went to school in the US, but if all the American depictions of high school are accurate, then no wonder the only way Americans think the world should work is by having some jock style attitude to rule their country and the world. 

You are aware if people are intelligent enough, it is possible to have respect without resorting to intimidation???? When you walk into a shop do you only get good service by intimidating the staff in the shop. Most people who are intimidated don't feel respect for the intimidator, maybe fear, but fear can be eroded once the intimidator's weakness is found.

If you are fan of the big stick, why not apply it across the whole country and bring back severe corporal punishment in schools. That obviously worked so well 100 years go to beat respect for teachers and parents into kids. That worked so well advanced societies got rid of them!! Go bring that back!

Some people fail to evolve and refuse to evolve. They just want everyone to be Neanderthals and not content at being Neanderthals themselves, they want to stop progress and keep everyone at being Neanderthals, like them.

When your only mental tool is a hammer, everything looks like a nail :)

Around the Network
CartBlanche said:
Superman4 said:

This is a sad statement and unfortunatly how many people feel. It is however a dangerous sentiment. If he fails what does it do to our economy and our standing in the world? You do realize the far worse option is currently the VP right? IMO Trump has strengthened our position in the world. I know from the left it looks weaker since its all peace love and happiness over there but in real world terms where power matters, we are in a much better position. Do you really think countries like China, NK, Russia etc. respect a country that gets walked on by them daily? Having someone who will confront them and challenge their actions both in private and in public has been a wake up call for the world. Sometimes his delivery could be better but the message is the same and understood.

That is such typical bullying mentality!! Only a big stick works. I never went to school in the US, but if all the American depictions of high school are accurate, then no wonder the only way Americans think the world should work is by having some jock style attitude to rule their country and the world. 

You are aware if people are intelligent enough, it is possible to have respect without resorting to intimidation???? When you walk into a shop do you only get good service by intimidating the staff in the shop. Most people who are intimidated don't feel respect for the intimidator, maybe fear, but fear can be eroded once the intimidator's weakness is found.

If you are fan of the big stick, why not apply it across the whole country and bring back severe corporal punishment in schools. That obviously worked so well 100 years go to beat respect for teachers and parents into kids. That worked so well advanced societies got rid of them!! Go bring that back!

Some people fail to evolve and refuse to evolve. They just want everyone to be Neanderthals and not content at being Neanderthals themselves, they want to stop progress and keep everyone at being Neanderthals, like them.

The same tactics don't work on all people. Being nice and cooperative works with like minded people. Someone who has a different mentality, a more manipulative mentality for instance will see this as weakness and use it against them. Think Russia, China and NK currently. Those Dictatorships know what they want and what they want to do and it's not about cooperation. It's about appeasement to get what they want while manipulating the outcome and changing the rules. A show of force and a direct somewhat intimidating tone is needed in certain situations. 

If you were getting attacked would you fight back? Or would you take your beating because you don't believe in violence.?

Superman4 said:
CartBlanche said:

The same tactics don't work on all people. Being nice and cooperative works with like minded people. Someone who has a different mentality, a more manipulative mentality for instance will see this as weakness and use it against them. Think Russia, China and NK currently. Those Dictatorships know what they want and what they want to do and it's not about cooperation. It's about appeasement to get what they want while manipulating the outcome and changing the rules. A show of force and a direct somewhat intimidating tone is needed in certain situations. 

If you were getting attacked would you fight back? Or would you take your beating because you don't believe in violence.?

If you really thing embarrassing and alienating your allies, neighbors and disrespecting your enemies makes your country and its position in the world stronger, I really can't help you. 

The respect for the USA worldwide is at an all-time low my friend. As is the respect for the US-American President. Make America great again indeed. /s

Errorist76 said:
Superman4 said:

If you really thing embarrassing and alienating your allies, neighbors and disrespecting your enemies makes your country and its position in the world stronger, I really can't help you. 

The respect for the USA worldwide is at an all-time low my friend. As is the respect for the US-American President. Make America great again indeed. /s

I actually don't give a rats ass what other countries think of the US. What I do care about is making sure US citizens are taken care of before we spend billions on other countries issues. We shouldn't be in Iraq, Afghanistan, Syria etc.  If those people want to kill themselves then so be it. If we are allied with a particular country and it is being attacked then we can step in if and when they request assistance.  It's not about the US looking tough or doing things to impress people or make them feel good. It's about doing what's right for the US and letting other countries do what's right for themselves. 

Superman4 said:
Errorist76 said:

I actually don't give a rats ass what other countries think of the US. What I do care about is making sure US citizens are taken care of before we spend billions on other countries issues. We shouldn't be in Iraq, Afghanistan, Syria etc.  If those people want to kill themselves then so be it. If we are allied with a particular country and it is being attacked then we can step in if and when they request assistance.  It's not about the US looking tough or doing things to impress people or make them feel good. It's about doing what's right for the US and letting other countries do what's right for themselves. 

Yet these days Europe is suffering from the results of exactly those wars and your so called ‘president’ dares to use this exact fact for his campaign. And today he plans a huge military parade to demonstrate his strength. What a hypocrite he is.

Around the Network

The sooner Trump is given the boot the better for the USA and the world. Trump is not the reason for the improvement in the American economy. It was Obama's economic policies that have improved the American economy and fixed the economic crisis that he inherited from President George W. Bush. Trump is trying to take credit for something he contributed nothing towards. Trump is just a bumbling clueless idiot.

Errorist76 said:
Superman4 said:

But USA uses exactly the same tactic with everyone. Do it our way or nothing. We don't like government A, let's change the regime there under some false pretext. We don't like government B, let's apply economic sanctions that affect medicine, even though 500,000 children will suffer. American government official, Madeleine Albright says "acceptable collateral damage"❗ There are countless other examples of the US' hypocrisy. Look up the School of the Americas if you want to know why lots of South American people despise the US government for helping their governments oppress it's own citizens. So they have to leave their own countries because their oppressive governments were being propped up and funded by the US.

The only countries the US leaves alone are those who are as powerful as they are. Again from my original post, a bully mentality. They may talk about being against China, but China is the new economic king. Without China most countries economies would collapse overnight, such is our dependency on them. And it would take 5-10 years to rebuild the infrastructure we depend on them for.

Last edited by CartBlanche - on 09 February 2018

So, now he wants to copy France military parade, why not copy their universal healthcare system instead?

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
deskpro2k3 said:
So, now he wants to copy France military parade, why not copy their universal healthcare system instead?

Because America is not and has never been about equality for all of its citizens. It is about how to keep everyone unequal, so that they are all easier to manipulate. If everyone is at each other's throats, rather than being united, then you can pass laws to lower the standards of food, education, health etc, because everyone is just trying to keep their next door neighbour down and feed themselves. By keeping they fellow citizen down, they somehow feel like they are moving up.

It's basically the same mentality as the bourgeoisie had before the French Revolution. So a mentality from 300 years ago. Progress apparently and something that should be encouraged around the world.

CartBlanche said:
deskpro2k3 said:

Because America is not and has never been about equality for all of its citizens. It is about how to keep everyone unequal, so that they are all easier to manipulate. If everyone is at each other's throats, rather than being united, then you can pass laws to lower the standards of food, education, health etc, because everyone is just trying to keep their next door neighbour down and feed themselves. By keeping they fellow citizen down, they somehow feel like they are moving up.

It's basically the same mentality as the bourgeoisie had before the French Revolution. So a mentality from 300 years ago. Progress apparently and something that should be encouraged around the world.

Turbo capitalism is ruling the US (and basically the world today). Just hearing about the prices of Big Pharma's medicine is painful to my ears.