By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - How many units do you think the SNES Classic could sell if it wasn't supply constrained?

How many units would it sell if not supply constrained?

10m 6 28.57%

20m 4 19.05%

30m 4 19.05%

40m 0 0%

50m 0 0%

60m 0 0%

70m 1 4.76%

80m 0 0%

90m 0 0%

100m+ 6 28.57%

Total:21

Crazy thing. I wanted one so badly at launch. Now, I don't really want one anymore. I think it would just gather dust.

Around the Network

Any numbers on how many they've shipped so far?

I think it could easily sell 10 million just in the initial few months/holiday season if they had the supply. If it were to stay on the market for another two years I could see 30 million as people randomly see it in stores and are like holy crap that looks awesome. It's at a price level where people would pick it up on a whim.

What if “hot cakes” weren’t supply constrained? I keep hearing people talk about how well they sell, but I have never once seen them stocked in stores.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Cubedramirez said:
How many people in the world today?

That number.

Then multiply it by 5

Pocky Lover Boy! 

i could see it selling maybe 30 million. you have to remember that it isnt a full console, so it wont have as big of a market. but if they were readily available for anyone to purchase i could see it selling about 30 million

Around the Network

California alone would buy 5 million. Remember it’s only $80 and everyone loved the Super Nintendo.

d21lewis said:
Crazy thing. I wanted one so badly at launch. Now, I don't really want one anymore. I think it would just gather dust.

I hacked both of mine and loaded in a ton of great games.
I have played it more than the Xbox One X.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

d21lewis said:

I have a perfectly fine SNES along with most of the best games on cart that I can play anytime I want and even I wanted one. But, like you, that passed rather quickly when I couldn't buy one for retail price. Then common sense hit further and I realized that input lag is still a thing and said fuck it completely. 

Barkley said:
70m? It's a device that appeals to a specific niche, fans of retro gaming and Nintendo. It is not a device with mainstream appeal, it could never sell 70m by 2020.

There isn't 70m people on the planet that want to play Snes games.

Just wait till all countries add them to their gift bags for their athletes at the Tokyo Olympics.