By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - A hacked Switch would be Amazing!

darkrulier said:
I think you guys miss my point here, I mean, we are talking about added functionality, it wont cost you anything and you are getting more out of your Switch console. What I'm thinking is having more functionality for free!

Well, you could use all these arguments for emulating software of any OS on a different system.

If it is okay to use Android software on a Switch or Wii U tablet or 3DS... is it also okay to use software intended for Nintendo devices on other devices? ;)

Around the Network
Conina said:
darkrulier said:
I think you guys miss my point here, I mean, we are talking about added functionality, it wont cost you anything and you are getting more out of your Switch console. What I'm thinking is having more functionality for free!

Well, you could use all these arguments for emulating software of any OS on a different system.

If it is okay to use Android software on a Switch or Wii U tablet or 3DS... is it also okay to use software intended for Nintendo devices on other devices? ;)

Sure, why not? The PSP was a great multi-Nintendo console emulator!!!

No thanks. Android is pretty much aids. Every Android product I've ever had has had automatic updates, a billion "Apps" that I don't need or want, a clunky mess of a UI, and limited or confusing user options. Not to mention I wouldn't be able to do anything online with a hacked Switch.

Cerebralbore101 said:
No thanks. Android is pretty much aids. Every Android product I've ever had has had automatic updates, a billion "Apps" that I don't need or want, a clunky mess of a UI, and limited or confusing user options. Not to mention I wouldn't be able to do anything online with a hacked Switch.

The OS which somebody would put on a Switch would likely be a custom ROM, which has none of these things (bloatware, automatic updates, etc.) The UI of android devices is customizable even on stock Roms. Also depending on the nature of the hack, you possibly could play online (with your purchased games.) For example, people with modded 3DS's can play Pokemon online. 

Parents like that the switch doesn’t have a web browser. Without web browser kids can’t look up bad sites.