By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - A hacked Switch would be Amazing!

I'd be more excited to get emulation and NVIDIA Shield functionality. Would love to stream PC games to my Switch.

Around the Network

Mhm. I would personally never use it like that tbh.
My phone can do productivity far better than my Switch ever could, and if need a larger screen or more control I use my laptop, where both are devices which I carry all the time. (Personally I can't see a scenario where I would have my Switch and not my phone)

Last edited by Moren - on 28 November 2017

Buy a cheap tablet

So you're basically saying it would be great if Nintendo went 3rd party on mobile. I can get behind that.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

darkrulier said:

Last night I was watching Hulu with my wife on the Switch. I removed the Joycons because it is easier to hold the console that way (for watching videos that's it) and using the Switch in that way felt pretty much like using a regular tablet (besides the lack of touchscreen controls on the Hulu app). And I kept thinking that it would be amazing if the Switch was hacked, not to pirate games but to install Android making it a regular tablet. I think this would be amazing to combine the gaming aspect of the console and the productivity of an Android tablet . You could check emails, play games, edit Office documents, the possibilities are endless. It would be really cool if they implement it in a very user friendly way like having a tile in the home screen of the Switch and opening it would open up the Android environment. I know this is wishful thinking but wouldn't something like that be awesome? What do you guys think?

Or just buy yourself a JXD S7800/S192K, IbenX Gamepad, Archos Gamepad, GDP Q9 and so many more, which are very cheap devices.

Not only do some have higher resolution screens (1080P)... But the screens are also generally larger as well (7"+), which makes watching media a far more pleasurable experience than the Nintendo Switch... Some even have docks that connect to your TV via HDMI.

Oh. And you also have the entire Android software environment to play with in conjunction with physical and touch screen controls.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Around the Network

Nintendo could just add internet browser, music player and other things to make it more useful outside of gaming. It's not that difficult, there's no need to hack the thing into a regular tablet.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

I only consume portable media on my iPhone or iPad.

Get yourself a cheap iPad.

I don't really get the utility of tablets, so I wouldn't use my Switch as one.

Conina said:
Just buy a cheap Android tablet.

SegataSanshiro said:
Meh just buy an Android tablet.

Rab said:
Buy a cheap tablet

Turkish said:
I only consume portable media on my iPhone or iPad.

Get yourself a cheap iPad.

What they said. 

The switch is a gaming device in the first place. And that's why Nintendo focused on that aspect. They will add more streaming services aswell as other stuff in the near future.

Intel Core i7 8700K | 32 GB DDR 4 PC 3200 | ROG STRIX Z370-F Gaming | RTX 3090 FE| Crappy Monitor| HTC Vive Pro :3

I think you guys miss my point here, I mean, we are talking about added functionality, it wont cost you anything and you are getting more out of your Switch console. What I'm thinking is having more functionality for free!