By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - Feature Removal Request

caffeinade said:
TalonMan said:

This is already on our list, and I believe Jlauro has been investigating. Obviously, we don't have credit cards and sensitive financial information lying around here, but still you never like to not offer https, if only just to protect passwords...

It would be cool, if we had the ability to jump to the top or bottom of a megathread quickly.

While we're at it, it would be cool to stay on the same thread page after you edit a post instead of jumping back to the first page.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network
VersusEvil said:
caffeinade said:

It would be cool, if we had the ability to jump to the top or bottom of a megathread quickly.

I want a way to jump to the most recent page, and back to the first page.
This will ensure that these large threads are more beginner friendly.

Another thing to add would be to have the first post plastered on the top of each page, so people can better stay on topic (less important).

Thats what the << and >> are for.

I thought I tried that, hmm.
Maybe it changed since I did so.

Either way, as a wise man once said: "If you have a great new feature, market it".
I am pretty sure he was talking about existing ones as well.

VersusEvil said:
caffeinade said:

I want a way to jump to the most recent page, and back to the first page.
This will ensure that these large threads are more beginner friendly.

Another thing to add would be to have the first post plastered on the top of each page, so people can better stay on topic (less important).

Which, I must add, is quite perplexing. Intuitively, they look like 'previous page' and 'next page' buttons. Instead, they take to you to first and last page, respectively. I'd say that's a slight usability issue.

caffeinade said:
VersusEvil said:

I thought I tried that, hmm.
Maybe it changed since I did so.

Either way, as a wise man once said: "If you have a great new feature, market it".
I am pretty sure he was talking about existing ones as well.

It's been like that for years, if not always. I know because it used to confuse me a long time ago.

TalonMan said:

I honestly never noticed it till now, either... ...it's gone.

Well - it's gone from the threads, but there are several other places this needs to happen :(

I'll remove it in the new design as well.

Signature goes here!

Around the Network
Zkuq said:
VersusEvil said:

Which, I must add, is quite perplexing. Intuitively, they look like 'previous page' and 'next page' buttons. Instead, they take to you to first and last page, respectively. I'd say that's a slight usability issue.

Not to mention, not having any indicator for how long the thread is.

Something like:
1 2 3 4 ... 100  >>  >>|
or
1 2 3 4 ... 100 [Textbox]
Is much more usable.

I must of just misclicked, hitting a page number, getting a negative feedback response, and never double checked.
Odd.

caffeinade said:
Zkuq said:

Something like:
1 2 3 4 ... 100  >>  >>|
or
Is much more usable.

I must of just misclicked, hitting a page number, getting a negative feedback response, and never double checked.
Odd.

This is what the pagination will look like on the new design:

Signature goes here!

TruckOSaurus said:
caffeinade said:

Something like:
1 2 3 4 ... 100  >>  >>|
or
Is much more usable.

Odd.

Better.

How does it scale on mobile?

caffeinade said:
TruckOSaurus said:

Better.

How does it scale on mobile?

Signature goes here!

TruckOSaurus said:
caffeinade said: