By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - WarHawk is freaking GREAT!!

Bodhesatva said:

First, I'm not entirely certain that DaBias is anything more than very avid Sony fan. Second, even if he were proven to be a corporate lackey, I'm not a big fan of banning people simply because they're shills.

Ban people for cursing, being cruel, rude, or obnoxious. Ban them for deliberately inciting flamewars, ban them for hate speech. Ban them for obscene pictures or statements.

But don't ban them simply because they really, really, really like one console. Just my opinion.

You might get baned for that, the wii nuthuggers wont like that lol.  This seriously is the most wii nuthugged site on the net, its run by a wii owner its mods are nothing but wii owners.  And wii owners are mad their little console lacks the juice to run anythig like warhark, this thread must have reminded them of their consoles inferiority.

Around the Network
goodridd said:
DaBIAS said:
if its that slow it might be your connection.

I finally got to play last night and the game is awesome...when you get to play. It freezes a lot and I have to restart the PS3. I also fail to join a lot of games. The best part of the game is easily flying the warhawks. Making it rain on the people on the ground...lol. But even the ground combat is awesome. I like capture the flag the best.

It froze on a few times, connects most of the time.  Does the "ping" have anything to do with it ?

Best play it early or late in the day. 

DaBIAS said:
Bodhesatva said:

First, I'm not entirely certain that DaBias is anything more than very avid Sony fan. Second, even if he were proven to be a corporate lackey, I'm not a big fan of banning people simply because they're shills.

Ban people for cursing, being cruel, rude, or obnoxious. Ban them for deliberately inciting flamewars, ban them for hate speech. Ban them for obscene pictures or statements.

But don't ban them simply because they really, really, really like one console. Just my opinion.

You might get baned for that, the wii nuthuggers wont like that lol.  This seriously is the most wii nuthugged site on the net, its run by a wii owner its mods are nothing but wii owners.  And wii owners are mad their little console lacks the juice to run anythig like warhark, this thread must have reminded them of their consoles inferiority.

This is a good reason to ban him.  With an attitude like that, I don't see how he could offer anything to a discussion.  Really really liking one console over the others is not a problem, but insulting the people that don't agree and completely disregarding manners is a problem.  When a person is so blinded by their preference that it colours everything they say and they refuse to even contemplate another position, then whats the point of debating anything? 

Kytiara said:
DaBIAS said:
Bodhesatva said:

You might get baned for that, the wii nuthuggers wont like that lol. This seriously is the most wii nuthugged site on the net, its run by a wii owner its mods are nothing but wii owners. And wii owners are mad their little console lacks the juice to run anythig like warhark, this thread must have reminded them of their consoles inferiority.

This is a good reason to ban him. With an attitude like that, I don't see how he could offer anything to a discussion. Really really liking one console over the others is not a problem, but insulting the people that don't agree and completely disregarding manners is a problem. When a person is so blinded by their preference that it colours everything they say and they refuse to even contemplate another position, then whats the point of debating anything?

Why not ban the other dude who thinks any one that like sony must be some "shill" well he is a wii nuthugger so no way anyone can say ban him. Ban him for trolling in this thread.

Can the name of this palce be changed to "wii heaven ? no PS3 or 360 fan allowed" those that join will ge attacked by wii nuthuggers and get baned, a little bit of honesty wont hurt.

I hate shills because they're pretending to be friendly in order to try to sell products. I don't care who shills shill for: Nintendo, Sony, MS, Axe, Maxim, whatever. I despise them because I am a die-hard fan of honesty and the act of shilling is one of the most dishonest imaginable.

They pretend to be someone's friend in the hopes that they can leverage that friendship into convincing them to buy a product.

It's like a woman who convinces you that she loves you and offers herself sexually because she knows you have money.

They both want your money, but the shill isn't offering you sex in return. I don't tolerate either.

Also, I've dealt with many, MANY shills on other message boards (some of which I've admin/modded for): you can generally tell they're shills by how immensely defensive they become as soon as they're accused.

I am a Nintendo fan, but I call a lot of the Wii nonsense as BS.

35 million Wii units in 5 years? Uh, no.

Underpowered? It slows down in 2 player Wii boxing. Yes.

Living off of minigames and tech demos? Again, definitely.

But promising? Yeah, I have to give it that too.

"I mean, c'mon, Viva Pinata, a game with massive marketing, didn't sell worth a damn to the "sophisticated" 360 audience, despite near-universal praise--is that a sign that 360 owners are a bunch of casual ignoramuses that can't get their heads around a 'gardening' sim? Of course not. So let's please stop trying to micro-analyze one game out of hundreds and using it as the poster child for why good, non-1st party, games can't sell on Wii. (Everyone frequenting this site knows this is nonsense, and yet some of you just can't let it go because it's the only scab you have left to pick at after all your other "Wii will phail1!!1" straw men arguments have been put to the torch.)" - exindguy on Boom Blocks

Around the Network

And what makes him a shill?

Smash_Brother said:
I hate shills because they're pretending to be friendly in order to try to sell products. I don't care who shills shill for: Nintendo, Sony, MS, Axe, Maxim, whatever. I despise them because I am a die-hard fan of honesty and the act of shilling is one of the most dishonest imaginable.

They pretend to be someone's friend in the hopes that they can leverage that friendship into convincing them to buy a product.

It's like a woman who convinces you that she loves you and offers herself sexually because she knows you have money.

They both want your money, but the shill isn't offering you sex in return. I don't tolerate either.

Also, I've dealt with many, MANY shills on other message boards (some of which I've admin/modded for): you can generally tell they're shills by how immensely defensive they become as soon as they're accused.

I am a Nintendo fan, but I call a lot of the Wii nonsense as BS.

35 million Wii units in 5 years? Uh, no.

Underpowered? It slows down in 2 player Wii boxing. Yes.

Living off of minigames and tech demos? Again, definitely.

But promising? Yeah, I have to give it that too.

I hate Shills too, Smash. I hate them in their ugly stupid faces; I wish I could hate them to death; but I don't think they should be banned.

It's like being a total jerk in real real life. I hate it, and wouldn't want to be around someone who's a huge jerk. I also think it's totally legal. Totally legal, just not very nice.

So too, Shills make posts I tend to ignore, and I don't have much interest in them. But I don't think that's cause for a banninatin'. Just my opinion :x

<3 to all

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">

DaBIAS said:

You might get baned for that, the wii nuthuggers wont like that lol. This seriously is the most wii nuthugged site on the net, its run by a wii owner its mods are nothing but wii owners. And wii owners are mad their little console lacks the juice to run anythig like warhark, this thread must have reminded them of their consoles inferiority.

I've got nothing against you, DaBIAS. Hell, I even enjoy larry sometimes.

But it would be smart not to insult the moderators or the owner of the site. Just for future reference.

Carry on. 

Dolla Dolla said:
DaBIAS said:

But it would be smart not to insult the moderators or the owner of the site. Just for future reference.

Carry on.

Big Wii bias on this site, but not the best move to insult the mods, I agree.   Stupid Sony fans (really, some have been stupid) get banned all the time.  The inferiority of the console is showing already, you don't need to rub it in so much, heh. 

windbane said:
Dolla Dolla said:
DaBIAS said:

Carry on.

Big Wii bias on this site, but not the best move to insult the mods, I agree. Stupid Sony fans (really, some have been stupid) get banned all the time. The inferiority of the console is showing already, you don't need to rub it in so much, heh.

I agree, windbane. There are few enough PS3/360 fans on the site that when one of them defends their console, the Wii-lovers can sometimes beat up on them simply by sheer number.

The Wii fans do tend to be a little less shrill, I think. Few of them call people stupid jerks or anything like that, and there are some Sony fans that do that. But simply because there are 5x as many Wii fans here as PS3 fans, the Wii fans need to be careful not to overwhelm anyone and everyone with their sheer number of responses. If someone says something clearly biased and unfairly tilted towards the Wii, he may get 1 or 2 responses telling him why he's wrong: if a PS3 fan said something similarly biased towards ths PS3, he'd immediately get 6+ responses telling him why he's wrong. That's not fun for anyone.  

Unless we want this to just become a Wii fan site, we need to be aware of how this works. On any forum addressing any topic, it's important not to gang up on people who are in the minority opinion, simply because you don't agree with their minority opinion (if their being jerks about it, go ahead, but not if you simply disagree). 

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">