By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PlayStation Head Honcho: We had the best Black Friday ever.

proud owner of a white ps4 pro £319 with cod ww2, destiny 2 & gt sport found in black friday sales

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Around the Network

on the down side, this could mean they didn't win November. Or BF. Or both.

Evident in them not saying they were the best selling console this BF. Then again, that may be something they will save for an official press release.

shikamaru317 said:
A few questions here:

1. Is he referring to worldwide sales or just US? Because alot more countries participated in Black Friday this year than just the US.

2. Is he including PSVR sales alongside PS4 Slim/Pro when he says they sold the most consoles ever?

Again.... PSVR is not a console. 

and having the biggest BF in their history doesn't mean they won the month. 

Hell last year they also had the best BF in their history and ended up being down YOY

shikamaru317 said:

A few questions here:

1. Is he referring to worldwide sales or just US? Because alot more countries participated in Black Friday this year than just the US.

2. Is he including PSVR sales alongside PS4 Slim/Pro when he says they sold the most consoles ever?

Seems to me like if they actually had the biggest US Black Friday in their history, and therefore most likely won Black Friday in the US, they'd be singing it to anyone who would listen instead of saying it in just a CNBC exclusive video.

1. I think world wide.

2. No hes not includeing anything, its just PS4 slim/pro (the consoles) sales = highest in history of playstation.

hope to hear soon some numbers

Around the Network
Intrinsic said:
on the down side, this could mean they didn't win November. Or BF. Or both

Resetera is takeing this as them saying they won black friday.

"it took Sony till December 7th 2016 to confirm they won BF last year, they must be very confident or it was a PR mistake to say something this early....Hopefully this pushes Nintendo and Microsoft to come out and say something on how well they also did?"  - Scopehj

shikamaru317 said:
Intrinsic said:

Evident in them not saying they were the best selling console this BF. Then again, that may be something they will save for an official press release.

Yeah, I wonder about that as well. If they had actually won Black Friday in the US he would have said it in the video, and they would have the news plastered on just about every financial and gaming news site around, instead of giving the news story to CNBC as an exclusive story.

No it just means neither of the three know yet since no one had anything plastered everywhere saying they won BF. 

shikamaru317 said:
Intrinsic said:

Yeah, I wonder about that as well. If they had actually won Black Friday in the US he would have said it in the video, and they would have the news plastered on just about every financial and gaming news site around, instead of giving the news story to CNBC as an exclusive story.

I think sony so far only know how much they themselves sold Black Friday, they dont yet know MS or Nintendos sales, so they cant say they where #1 yet.

Give it until December 7th or so, and you should know who was 1st or not.

CGI-Quality said:
They don't need to win Black Friday anyway (never understood the "concern" with this). Continuing to break records, worldwide, and being up YoY (if they prove to be) are FAR more important, I'd say.

Yeah definitely. 

I doubt it's a concern for some though. just keeps things interesting. 

But being up YOY is all round better by far. And at this point, I don't think how well the PS4 sells or quickly is even that relevant. It's already a guaranteed 100M selling console. Unless sales drop off a cliff in the next 3 years. 

doubt they know who won BF in the US yet, it's a big market to get data from after all

because if Sony knew they hadn't won, then it stands to reason that one of the other two already knows they have, right? So why haven't they said anything? Especially MS, they are desperate for any kind of win and would put it all over the internet to make people think they were competitive ww