By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - How many hours have you put into Gran Turismo Sport already?

Just got 2 10s penalty on a single race due to BS... one guy just braked very late on the corner and lost control so I had no more room to brake and hit him sending to the grass... and the other came and rammed my side and I got another 10s for god knows why... And I was in first trying to shave off the penalty and ended in last with the penalty.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network

And just now a guy crossed the road to the grass without being able to hit me, so he come from the grass aiming my door

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

DonFerrari said:
And just now a guy crossed the road to the grass without being able to hit me, so he come from the grass aiming my door

Stuff like this just happens, especially as long as not everybody will drive in VR...and even then stuff like this happens. Just ask Hammilton ;)

DonFerrari said:
Got my BB ranking

Comgrats! Now the difficult job is trying to hold on to it while getting to SR.S!

Errorist76 said:
DonFerrari said:

Stuff like this just happens, especially as long as not everybody will drive in VR...and even then stuff like this happens. Just ask Hammilton ;)

It doesn't have to happen. You have the radar screen in game to see the position of other cars near you, plus it warns you by dimming the screen on the edges when a car is in your blind spot.  The mirrors are fully functional, and it even displays the exact separation between you and the car in front and behind you, in real time by the millisecond. There's no excuse for cutting corners, pushing other people around or to blatantly hit them. And there's no excuse for the game giving you a penalty for getting hit by an out of control car or passing a ghosted wreck.

I love racing and GT is very good at it. Plus SR is an improvement in that it increases the odds you'll find good people to race against. However it still does a bad job at teaching people how to drive and is ineffective in stopping the bullshit. It has removed the joy of climbing up in the ranks for me by constantly having to worry about people ramming you and dropping you back out of SR.S class.

Plus matchmaking is very inconsistent and downright bullshit at times. I finally bothered again with setting a qualifying time and while I'm SR.S DR.D I get put between 2 laggy SR.A DR.B drivers at the start. Went from 7th to 12th thanks to that. I rather go from 16th to 7th avoiding first corners bullshit. You can't even quit out before the race starts when matchmaking does stuff like that as that's still an automatic down rank and reset of a clean streak.

Errorist76 said:
DonFerrari said:

Well the guy crossed the road because he was trying to cut his 1s behind by hitting me on the side (crossing the road) but missed, so since he gone to the grass he decided to come back hitting me again.

It wasn't due to he not seeing me, it was due to him wanting, because it was his front slamming me not a blind spot gently touching.

SvennoJ said:
DonFerrari said:
Got my BB ranking

Comgrats! Now the difficult job is trying to hold on to it while getting to SR.S!

Errorist76 said:

It doesn't have to happen. You have the radar screen in game to see the position of other cars near you, plus it warns you by dimming the screen on the edges when a car is in your blind spot.  The mirrors are fully functional, and it even displays the exact separation between you and the car in front and behind you, in real time by the millisecond. There's no excuse for cutting corners, pushing other people around or to blatantly hit them. And there's no excuse for the game giving you a penalty for getting hit by an out of control car or passing a ghosted wreck.

I love racing and GT is very good at it. Plus SR is an improvement in that it increases the odds you'll find good people to race against. However it still does a bad job at teaching people how to drive and is ineffective in stopping the bullshit. It has removed the joy of climbing up in the ranks for me by constantly having to worry about people ramming you and dropping you back out of SR.S class.

Plus matchmaking is very inconsistent and downright bullshit at times. I finally bothered again with setting a qualifying time and while I'm SR.S DR.D I get put between 2 laggy SR.A DR.B drivers at the start. Went from 7th to 12th thanks to that. I rather go from 16th to 7th avoiding first corners bullshit. You can't even quit out before the race starts when matchmaking does stuff like that as that's still an automatic down rank and reset of a clean streak.

Got downgraded to B D, total BS.

Sometimes you'll miss the brake or misscalculate the radius of the corner and may have some side scratching or end up gently pushing someone of better corning. I don't get pissed with those small genuine errors, I'm also prone to them. But there are several instances of the person doing it out of will. I know I have done 2 times as payback and calculating for no punishing. a guy that had rammed me from behind and side 2 times to get my position on the oval I used the last corner when I was inside to just do small touch to the side and make him scratch the wall and lose speed. The other revenge I don't remember exactly what I've done.

There seems to have some improvement on the penalty. It doesn't discount by just doing the normal braking, you really need to slow down to do pay for it. But yes, getting 10s penalty for passing a ghost on the sideways is BS.

Will be a long time to 65 Poles and 91 wins... still 1-3

Around the Network

Done 0 hours so far... got it but haven't unsealed it yet, guess I'm not in any rush, new content and patches, by the time I get around to it, probably be end of December.

Making an indie game : Dead of Day!

Madword said:
Done 0 hours so far... got it but haven't unsealed it yet, guess I'm not in any rush, new content and patches, by the time I get around to it, probably be end of December.

will have plenty to do.

DonFerrari said:
Madword said:

will have plenty to do.

Yeah and thats good :)

If I don't play it soon I'm sure one of my kids do, thats my justification for getting lots of games, that someone in the family will get value out of it :D

Making an indie game : Dead of Day!

Madword said:
DonFerrari said:

will have plenty to do.

Yeah and thats good :)

If I don't play it soon I'm sure one of my kids do, thats my justification for getting lots of games, that someone in the family will get value out of it :D

Backlog is good and sure some times we tell those little excuses to ourselves to justify what we want but will have some backlash.

DonFerrari said:

Got downgraded to B D, total BS.

Sometimes you'll miss the brake or misscalculate the radius of the corner and may have some side scratching or end up gently pushing someone of better corning. I don't get pissed with those small genuine errors, I'm also prone to them. But there are several instances of the person doing it out of will. I know I have done 2 times as payback and calculating for no punishing. a guy that had rammed me from behind and side 2 times to get my position on the oval I used the last corner when I was inside to just do small touch to the side and make him scratch the wall and lose speed. The other revenge I don't remember exactly what I've done.

There seems to have some improvement on the penalty. It doesn't discount by just doing the normal braking, you really need to slow down to do pay for it. But yes, getting 10s penalty for passing a ghost on the sideways is BS.

Will be a long time to 65 Poles and 91 wins... still 1-3

Yep and I'm afraid it's only getting harder. Looking through my list of followers in the game, they've all lost interest in the game and either stopped playing entirely or are like me, just getting the daily bonus or a few races few times a week. They were all good drivers and SR.S seems to be shrinking instead of growing. I haven't had a single race in the past week where everyone was evenly matched.

I'm hoping they're all waiting for the GT League update to renew interest in the game, and the influx of new players at Christmas. It's a shame the penalty system seems to be discouraging good driving as good drivers usually finish last the way it's set up. When I screw up and disadvantage someone because of my mistake I slow down to let them pass. The penalty system doesn't care.

Anyway I did two races on Mount Panorama today for the daily bonus. Second was best, went from last to 4th in 3 laps.  People cannot handle that circuit lol. (The first 3 were A and B class, 3rd was only 2 sec in front of me though at the finish) That track must be kicking people out of SR.S at an alarming rate as both times over 2/3rd of the field had red ratings afterwards. I came away with blue ratings but still lost the clean race bonus. I got a penalty for avoiding another car by briefly stepping into the grass. It's always nice to get punished for avoiding an accident which already costs you time lol.

I also noticed that the penalties are harder to get rid off. It took the other 2 laps to get rid of 2.4 seconds on Mount Panorama. It also depends on the track of course. It's easiest to get rid of it on tracks where you idle through some of the corners. Hardest on the ovals. And yes you have to slow down quite a it now to get rid of it at the finish. Before you could simply coast the rest to the finish line and lose an 8 sec penalty and still finish before a car 2 sec behind you can catch up.