By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - How many hours have you put into Gran Turismo Sport already?

DonFerrari said:
Sixteenvolt420 said:

I'm one of those people that just does the single player content. Can't get into playing online. The last game that i enjoyed playing online, was Burnout Paradise.

I can't stand multiplayer normally.. but even though the adversaries can be cunts in GTS, I could enjoy it a little... but sure I would trade in for more offline play against the online mode.

DonFerrari said:
Another 3h put into the game... cleared stage 7 and won a 10 lap online race on a inexpected way going from 4th to first even with mistake due to exagerated pits made by opponents.

Errorist76 said:
DonFerrari said:

I can't stand multiplayer normally.. but even though the adversaries can be cunts in GTS, I could enjoy it a little... but sure I would trade in for more offline play against the online mode.

Why trade in when you can have both?!

@sixteenvolt

For the Online in GTS I must say....Try it! And try to qualify good so you'll be in front of the peasant pack with their ramming and up your rankings that way.
I never liked online play....I hate it in shooters and I certainly did never like it in other racing games, but I love it in GTS...They've really done something special here. It's not flawless but I certainly don't miss racing against predictable A.I. a lot.

I'll have to try and trade for GTS on GameTZ, when i'm done with some of my BF pick-ups.

Last edited by Sixteenvolt420 - on 29 November 2017

Around the Network
DonFerrari said:
Another 3h put into the game... cleared stage 7 and won a 10 lap online race on a inexpected way going from 4th to first even with mistake due to exagerated pits made by opponents.

So it was an online race with pits? I guess the rest were so amazed by having the pit lane open after all this time, they couldn't resist making full use of it :) Which race was it? I want to pit too. It's about time after 16 thousand kilometers, I need fresh tires!

Seems like the game is selling quite well. It was #3 in AU and #2 in NZ in the all platform charts.

Errorist76 said:
DonFerrari said:

@sixteenvolt

For the Online in GTS I must say....Try it! And try to qualify good so you'll be in front of the peasant pack with their ramming and up your rankings that way.
I never liked online play....I hate it in shooters and I certainly did never like it in other racing games, but I love it in GTS...They've really done something special here. It's not flawless but I certainly don't miss racing against predictable A.I. a lot.

Indeed, yet mostly because the AI is predictably bad :( There's just no joy in racing them. GT League will be good to vent some frustration on the AI while not ruining anyone else's game. I wonder if they've fixed the winning gold even though you finish fifth after penalties. (That might have just been in the demo, was funny anyway)

Unfortunately the ramming happens as much in the front as in the back online. Matchmaking is wonky, sure fill up a mostly SR.S DR.D race with a couple SR.A DR A and B drivers at the front. You can qualify as good as you want, get an SR.A driver behind you at the start and be prepared to get hit in the first corner. It just shows how boring the AI is that online is preferable...

Steady progress. Going back to lobbies and doing a few races there is quite a culture shock after doing mostly SR.S races. However I've yet to witness a decent race on Mount Panorama, and it might be for the better that the Nordschleife isn't used in Sport mode... Brands hatch is a lot cleaner in SR.S, big progress there.

Sixteenvolt420 said:
DonFerrari said:

DonFerrari said:

Errorist76 said:

@sixteenvolt

I'll have to try and trade for GTS on GameTZ, when i'm done with some of my BF pick-ups.

Good luck on getting it and enjoy your play.

SvennoJ said:
DonFerrari said:

So it was an online race with pits? I guess the rest were so amazed by having the pit lane open after all this time, they couldn't resist making full use of it :) Which race was it? I want to pit too. It's about time after 16 thousand kilometers, I need fresh tires!

It was Brands Hatch... No idea why the pit was available or if they were crashing one another and entered pit on mistake.

Lawlight said:
Seems like the game is selling quite well. It was #3 in AU and #2 in NZ in the all platform charts.

The legs are good so far, maybe because of BF or that word of mouth is winning against the reviews.

SvennoJ said:
Errorist76 said:

@sixteenvolt

Indeed, yet mostly because the AI is predictably bad :( There's just no joy in racing them. GT League will be good to vent some frustration on the AI while not ruining anyone else's game. I wonder if they've fixed the winning gold even though you finish fifth after penalties. (That might have just been in the demo, was funny anyway)

Unfortunately the ramming happens as much in the front as in the back online. Matchmaking is wonky, sure fill up a mostly SR.S DR.D race with a couple SR.A DR A and B drivers at the front. You can qualify as good as you want, get an SR.A driver behind you at the start and be prepared to get hit in the first corner. It just shows how boring the AI is that online is preferable...

Steady progress. Going back to lobbies and doing a few races there is quite a culture shock after doing mostly SR.S races. However I've yet to witness a decent race on Mount Panorama, and it might be for the better that the Nordschleife isn't used in Sport mode... Brands hatch is a lot cleaner in SR.S, big progress there.

When I got the gold on the demo it was due to my real position before penalties (finishing first, but rank 3rd after it), but strange enough I'm hardly getting penalties on the missions even when doing crazy stunts.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network

Just finished the challenges... I would say that Driving School plus challenges takes a good 25h to clear.
Now let's go and beat the time trials.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

Cleared the track experience (time trial) in about 3h play...I thought I wouldn't be able to pass Nurb, but I managed it with couple seconds to spare... was easier than I thought, thanks it wasn't like challenges or the GT5 time for gold trophy.

Also had my first satisfactoy race online. decent qualification in 7th, clean race with very few mistakes, finishing in 2nd.

Now I'll have to play online until the career mode doesn't launch.

The track experience was indeed a lot of easy cash, spend it well :)

I had a good race as well today for a change, moved up 12 places (didn't qualify again) in the 8 lap race with a nearly clean race (blue ranking yet no clean race bonus, someone got nervous in the sharp corner on Dragontrail) The whole field behind me had red rankings, few in front as well.

I did see an DR.S player yesterday, GTAcademy2013. Shows how good matchmaking is when I'm in DR.D lol. The SR.S field must be very small.

SvennoJ said:
The track experience was indeed a lot of easy cash, spend it well :)

I had a good race as well today for a change, moved up 12 places (didn't qualify again) in the 8 lap race with a nearly clean race (blue ranking yet no clean race bonus, someone got nervous in the sharp corner on Dragontrail) The whole field behind me had red rankings, few in front as well.

I did see an DR.S player yesterday, GTAcademy2013. Shows how good matchmaking is when I'm in DR.D lol. The SR.S field must be very small.

Well there probably aren't much SR S DR D players =]

Congrats on the race.

The curious part is that on the first corner I got two bumps behing and even gone to the green zone on Senna's S curve of interlagos... but it counted as a clean race.

just finished a race where the sucker just braked and parked inside the corner for whatever reason and I got 15s penalty for hitting him